You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

You can post here from 1st Jan 2019.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Wishing everyone a very happy new year. As per practice, the Fasting 2018 thread will now remain locked. You may use this one instead. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

137 this morning.

Goodness, I feel some pressure to come up with something profound, witty and memorable as the first to post in 2019, but it appears my muse is badly hung over and still asleep.

Yet another warmish day today with highs in the low 50s lasting until this evening when we're back to freezing cold in the low 20s.

No big plans for this holiday, but I've got a pork roast marinating to cook later on along with some butternut squash. There's plenty if any of you wants to drop in...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

184 this morning.  I reckon this 'number' is the result of an infusion set left too long.  Ah...time to change it.

Having trouble charging my phone, it doesn't seem to want to charge very much.  Sure hope it isn't time for a new one.

We're having pork tenderloin for supper tonight with some cut green beans.  That should be good.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Well, we are above freezing at 33° and it should be heading to around 55° this afternoon.
Not celebrating here but just watching the Rose Parade on TV.  I was born and raised in Los Angeles, North East LA, not far from Pasadena and went to the Rose parade several times.  There really is nothing like seeing it in person.
Grammabear, I would not suggest trying to charge your phone from the USB port.  They are very low amperage and good for something small like your Fitbit but the phone batter is much larger.  If you still have problems when connected to a charger plugged in to an AC outlet then your battery may just be shot.  They do have a lifespan.  You can pay to have the battery replaced but usually people get a new phone. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

100 this really cold morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

It was 0°F when I went to bed las night at 2AM. 12°F when I got up this morning. It will be warming slightly the next few days.

I am jumping off the wagon tonight and having black eyed peas and ham hock for dinner. I figure I need good luck this coming year... plus it smells so yummy simmering on the stove!  ;D

I'll pay, but that's OK.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

113 this morning.

Wally, while I'm sure that Pasadena parade is something, can't say I've cared for them much since my (brief) marching band days in high school nor am I fond of crowds. In all my years living in Manhattan, I never went to the Thanksgiving parade despite living less than a block away, although in New York, you've also got the cold weather.

If I'm having peas, BigSkyGal, I'd say black eyed are the way to go. Ought to be just the ticket with ham hocks to fend off your frigid weather.

Back to serious cold here after yesterday's warmth. My pork roast yesterday benefited greatly from an overnight marinade and browning before roasting. Likely just pan-fried burgers tonight for a little break from serious cooking.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

140 this morning.

Seems a little cold at 29 deg F for here today with a high of only 29 deg F, so not really a "heat wave".  But it is winter and way better than shoveling snow.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  A bit chilly at 24° this morning.  We should be warming up a bit after tomorrow and we may see some rain Sunday but the odds keep changing every day.
Yeah Tamagno, I was a lot younger when going to the parade and dealing with the crowd was not a problem.  It can be chilly in Pasadena on New Years, I think it was 33° this year, but not like New York.  It was fun but I would not go now.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

100 this morning, 97 at bedtime last night. The delicious ham hock and black eyed peas didn't seem to bite me too badly. Hopefully they bring me good luck this year...

12°F this morning when I got up, high was 33° and over night predicted 24°. Snow is melting off slowly. No new snow in forecast until Sunday, which always can change...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Actually, crowded public events got me to thinking about it and I do recall the few years I lived in Indianapolis during my early teens and going to time trials for the big race (the 500) a few times and once the race itself. The crowds were immense and traffic ridiculous, but I remember liking some parts of it and not minding the crowds so much. I think it was the cars, the incredible noise and all the food.

Not quite so cold here today with a high of nearly 40.

Grammabear

85 this morning.

About crowds - when we go to the large grocery store where we shop, I have a hard time hearing my husband speaking and he is right beside me.  I have no idea how many people are in the store at any one given time, but I do know it is noisy and sometimes noise is really stressful.  We are always glad when we've finished and we can head for home.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Still on the cold side here with an overnight low of 24° again.  Our 70% chance of rain Sunday, then 40% , is now 20% so not expecting anything.  This is typical and any forecast 5-10 days in the future has proven to be totally worthless.
I used to be a lot more tolerant of crowds.  I was born and raised in Los Angeles and worked for several years downtown.  I have been out here in the desert for over 25 years and my whole perspective has changed.  I just hate having to go to a more crowded place.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

101 this morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

It was 20°F when I got up today, right now it is 42° an unusual number for this time of year here, but I'll take it.

As far as crowds go, I stay as far away as possible. Never did like them much even when younger.

skb

I'm not a people's person either. I've always had friends that could be counted on the fingers of one hand. I like to be with them once every few months or so, and then I let my hair down.

Last year I lost 2 of them to early death. People dying between 55-60 is certainly early I think. But they both went off suddenly and peacefully.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club