You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

188 this morning.

Up here in the woods whenever we get rats nesting outside the next season there's an explosion of snakes. Some people around here keep feral cats to get the mice, but they're pretty nasty creatures and soon fall prey to coyotes. I don't think I could deal with that. (One guy I know claims he had one carried off by a hawk.)

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

72 this morning.

Grandson is having surgery tomorrow at 7:15 a.m. to remove as much of the tumor as possible.  Yesterday he enjoyed ordering a large order of macaroni and cheese (his favorite).  I hope his surgery goes well.

We have a resident owl living close by because DH hears him calling when he comes home very early in the morning.  I am sure he is well fed with all the rodents we see around here.  Don't have snakes except for the little green ones in the garden.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  Well, it did cool down a bit with a high of 105° for yesterday and this morning it was 78° which is the first morning with a low under 80°. 
Up on the mountain we had Rattle Snakes and Gopher Snakes that helped with the rodents.  They look close to the same unless you know what to look for.  My BIL had a fear of snakes and would kill any he saw regardless of what kind it was.  I was able to get him to let me take a look at a snake before he did it in.  Gopher Snakes = good, Rattle Snakes = not so good.  Rattle Snakes I was usually able to herd off the property and I didn't want them around because of the dogs.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

Well, the car made it just fine to the store yesterday. The smell is even somewhat better. The bar bait was huge like a brick so I didn't buy it. Just put another dicon trap under the car instead. I do have snakes in the yard, the good kind and they do keep the mouse problem down in the yard but not in the garage...

Grammabear, I'll be sending prayers for your grandson and positive thoughts for a good outcome.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

146 this morning.

Prayers for skilled surgeons operating with wisdom and patience., Grammabear. Somehow, I feel convinced your grandson will come through this in good shape.

All our wetlands attracts copperheads as well as a water snake that looks much like copperheads but is not poisonous. I've no particular fear of either.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

135 this morning.

I'm kind of worried today for obvious reasons. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  Weather is pretty consistent right now and just sunny, hot and dry.  Hard to believe it is already August but time really does seem to fly.
Grammabear, sending prayers your way and hope all goes well. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

It got to 82° yesterday with some rip roaring thunderstorms in the evening. Fortunately there was rain along with the lightning. But still have Red Flag warnings (fire weather warning) for this evening's predicted thunderstorms.

Grammabear, I'm keeping your grandson and all your family in my prayers and thoughts. I can only imagine how worried you must be today.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Kathy,

Prayers and best wishes for your grandson.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

127 this morning.

Somewhat cool weather overnights here is making for better sleeping. Days, however, are staying hot and humid.

Adding my prayers to the others, Grammabear...

Grammabear

127 this morning.

Grandson had 7 hrs of surgery on his brain yesterday.  Preliminary tests on the tumor were inconclusive so we have to wait up to a week for final results.  Surgeon said Paul did well.  Late last night they removed the breathing tube and grandson was able to move his arms and legs as well as take small sips of water.  We are grateful for your prayers and best wishes and would appreciate continued thoughts for his recovery.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  Coolest overnight low at 72° so a nice morning outside.  Yesterdays high was 101° but it is now going to warm up a bit.  Expecting around 107° to 108° for the weekend.
Grammabear, hope the news continues to be good. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

96 this morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

High was 82° again yesterday and no thunderstorms in the evening. They are predicted for today and just may happen. It is humid for here, but there really aren't any thunder clouds in the sky yet.

Grammabear, I will continue to pray for your grandson and a positive outcome for him. Also sending good thoughts for all of your family.

Tamagno

134 this morning.

Grammabear, it sounds like Paul did well with the surgery - to be awake and moving so soon after something like that is amazing. Will continue to pray that the final results reveal no cancer cells.

For those of you who like them, I've found a no-cook method for making steel-oats - if you simply put them in a container with heavy cream and let them sit overnight, they'll be ready to eat. No need to stand over the stove stirring for 45 minutes.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on August 02, 2019, 10:13:58 AMGrammabear, hope the news continues to be good. 

Me too. Wishing for a full and quick recovery.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH