You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

120 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

My gosh Tamagno, that is one expensive drug! I hope you can find something else that can give you relief. Hope the port removal goes smoothly. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Grammabear, I am sure the doctors are doing what is best for your grandson. I understand you not wanting any more surgeries for him so soon. I will continue my prayers and good thoughts for all.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

203 this morning.

Got up unconscionably late at nearly 5:30am this morning. A trend for me that's nothing but slothful.

Grammabear, with the sort of illness your grandson has, I think you've no choice but to trust the judgment of his doctor and the rest of his team.

There are a few oral meds for SPS that are much cheaper and I take one of them (baclofen). The only other effective one is diazepam, but you find yourself taking ridiculous amounts of it and doing nothing but sleep. Lots of people take opiates for it, but that's yet more awful. Marijuana works also, but with weird side effects and is quite expensive at the state dispensaries. The disease is progressive, but at my age will hopefully stay manageable for the duration.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

139 this morning.

Grandson had a permanent shunt inserted yesterday, and of last evening he was awake and perhaps a bit hungry.  His attitude which is normally laid back and happy was anything but as he had to wait 2 hrs before they came to get him for his 'scheduled' surgery.  Meantime he of course is not allowed any food.  I'm hoping today will be a better day for him.

We got about an inch of rain night before last which will help with our 3 week plus drought.  Our lawn is brown, the crops are suffering, the garden is parched and the only good thing about no rain is we don't have to mow the grass every week.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  It is cooling down a little bit but still over 100° but not by much.
Wow, ambulance just came to my neighbors across the street and they have loaded up the wife and taken her to the hospital I guess.  Husband just left also so at least he was home and must be going to the hospital. They are probably in their 60s and he still works but she uses a walker.  Hope it isn't too serious.
Grammabear, hope your grandson continues to improve.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

89 this cool morning, 115 at bedtime last night.

Had a nice lunch with my friend yesterday. She brought me home after I dropped my car off at the repair shop. Shop called this morning, they found another nest and mouse in the fan compartment. That must be what I was smelling, yuk. I'm waiting for the call to pick it up. They are working on the air conditioner now.

Grammabear, I can sympathize with your grandson's frustration over being late for surgery. When I had my tumor removed I too had to wait over 2 hours past my "scheduled" surgery time. Glad to hear he continues to improve.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

153 this morning.

Wally, I never like to see ambulances out here; it's always a bit scary.

I think one of the worst things about hospitals, Grammabear, is time spent just waiting. Can't imagine what that's like to the restless mind of a youngster.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.

We got very good news yesterday regarding the tumor removed from my grandson's brain.  The neurosurgeon said the tumor is extremely low grade and therefore does not require chemo or radiation at least for now.  He will be monitored by scans and a neuro-oncologist every 3 months for a while.  They transferred him from surgical ICU to neuro ICU and perhaps to a regular room today.  Indeed he is getting restless and wants to go home to his own surroundings.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  It actually was cooler yesterday, one degree but still cooler.  We may see temps under 100 this weekend ! 
Yeah Tamagno, seeing an ambulance is a sure sign of a problem but I guess the lady across the street has had health issues for several years and doesn't take care of herself that well.  Still I hope she is OK.
Grammabear, the news in encouraging, hoping for continued improvement.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

119 this morning, 118 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, glad to hear grandson got good news re the tumor. Hope he continues to improve and can go home soon.

Cloudy sky today and very warm 90°. Thunderstorm in forecast for this evening and scattered thunderstorms for tomorrow.

Got my car back today. It is nice to have a/c again, but the smell is still somewhat there. They ran a disinfectant through the air system twice and that really helped the stink. They said the mouse they found was alive so I might find others! I hope not. I have 3 Dicon boxes around and under the car and when I go to the store again, I will get more!

Tamagno

256 this morning.

That's very encouraging news about your grandson, Grammabear!

I got a lot done yesterday, but by mid-afternoon realized I'd gone a bit too far and was "off" the rest of the evening. I'm aiming to stay quieter today.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on August 08, 2019, 08:00:24 AM95 this morning.

We got very good news yesterday regarding the tumor removed from my grandson's brain.  The neurosurgeon said the tumor is extremely low grade and therefore does not require chemo or radiation at least for now.  He will be monitored by scans and a neuro-oncologist every 3 months for a while.  They transferred him from surgical ICU to neuro ICU and perhaps to a regular room today.  Indeed he is getting restless and wants to go home to his own surroundings.

This is really good news Kathy. Hope the next news is even better.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

113 this morning.

Grandson got dismissed from the hospital yesterday and I assume he is now resting quietly at home.  One thing about the hospital that seemed to bother him more than others was that his sleep was frequently interrupted.  At any rate, we are very happy he got to go home and hope that he continues to make positive progress.

My husband and I went to the County Fair in our town yesterday.  It was a lot of walking.  One of the cutest things we saw in the Petting Zoo area was a chicken hen with a bunch of little chicks.  We watched them for quite a while and when the chicks would grow tired, they would hop onto Mom's back and rest for a while.  The Petting Zoo had all manner of baby or young animals.  It is a growing attraction for young and old alike.

Bigskygal - I'm glad you have your car back now and hope that maybe the smell will disappear soon.  One thing someone told me that we do is to have a box of dryer sheets sitting about in our garage.  The smell seems to discourage mice so they don't stay long enough to make a nest.  Dryer sheets are not foolproof, but seem to help.  Personally, I detest the smell of dryer sheets myself, so I can see how it might discourage an animal.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  It was only 73° this morning at 5:30 AM and that is the lowest for some time.  It is supposed to be under 100° today for the first time in a while.
Grammabear, glad your grandson is able to go home.  It is really hard to get sleep in a hospital, at least when I was in.  There is a hustle and noise going on 24 hours a day.  Getting home was the most restful thing there could be.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

124 this rainy morning, 115 at bedtime last night.

Great news Grammabear! Hope things continue to go so well. So true Wally, the hospital is no place to get a good night's sleep! When I was in in June they came in every 4 hours to take vitals...no sleep at all that night.

Woke to rain, the temp is only 70° and probably won't go much higher. Huge thunderstorm predicted for Saturday, sure hope it peters out!

Grammabear, thanks for the tip about the dryer sheets! I put a bunch around my car and on top of the front tires.

Tamagno

185 this morning.

The main thing, Grammabear, is that your grandson is home. Doubtless he's happier there and can get on with recuperating.

I'm starting to look for a new printer for my study - generally, I've been happy with my current HP Office-Pro all-in one, but it's got a couple of unsolvable issues I don't care for. Anybody have a favorite to recommend?