You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Weather here is pretty mild and looks like it will stay that way for at least the rest of the month.
Yeah, I have learned from this forum how tough it is for a t-1 to maintain a consistent bg level.  That only makes me wonder more why a doctor would tell his patient to eat anything he likes and just cover it with insulin and don't bother to test !  Any comments I made were not welcome.
Grammabear, I would ignore anything your eye doctor said about your control.  Let her stick with being an eye doctor.  An average of 130 is equal to an A1c of 5.82 and doesn't sound any where near out of control.  We do the best we can and hope it is helping but out of control is someone who does nothing to try and keep their bg down.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

100 this morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, I'm with Wally, I would just ignore the eye doc. You are not out of control...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

83 this morning.

The number of dull-witted and ignorant people I've met who nonetheless managed to not only get admitted to medical school but who somehow persevered to the end remains a source of amazement to me. Clearly, intellect, knowledge and insight are not necessary traits for admittance to that profession.

Some unwanted excitement here yesterday when I found water in my basement. The source turned out to be next to the door leading outside where a combination of already high water table, warm weather with melting snow and steady rain produced enough water and pressure to overwhelm the door framing/foundation there. Fortunately, it wasn't some plumbing leak and I got it under control, but I'm finding this sort of thing increasingly difficult...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

110 this morning.

We have a -9 deg F (-22.7 C) here today with a windchill of -24 deg F.  We're going to try to make it to the grocery store and then come straight home.  Weather man said next weekend will be even colder. 

Tamagno - It is never a pleasant experience to find water in the basement.  Do you have a sump pump?  We do but once in a great while, when we least expect it, we also find water in the basement.

I did some reworking on my pump settings yesterday so maybe I can avoid having so many hypos during the day.  Diabetes is never boring.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  Gosh, Mid West to the East Coast looking at really cold weather now and maybe even colder next week.   ~shvr~
Sometimes I am really glad I live here. 
Tamagno, I agree there are some real jerks out there.  Most in the health care industry seem to be caring, compassionate and sometimes brilliant.  The problem is how do you tell who the duds are ?  It seems the system is designed to protect the incompetent.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

124 this foggy morning, 110 at bedtime last night.

skb, I have always been a bit of a bird watcher. I have several books to help identify them. I do know most of the birds that visit here and their seasonal schedules. When DH was alive, we did lots of hiking and camping and the bird books always came along.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on January 25, 2019, 03:14:53 PM
skb, I have always been a bit of a bird watcher. I have several books to help identify them. I do know most of the birds that visit here and their seasonal schedules. When DH was alive, we did lots of hiking and camping and the bird books always came along.

Same here, but I haven't been into the woods for a number of years now.

Maybe if you posted pics, I could compare them to their Asian cousins.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

I'm not sure about the pix, but I will try.

Grammabear

118 this morning.

It is COLD here today at -16 deg F (-26.6 deg C).
Very good day to stay inside by the fireplace.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Well, I can't say it's cold here, 35° at 7 AM and heading to 67° this afternoon.  Forecast is showing a chance of rain next Saturday but that is too far off to be counted on.
We had a lot more variety of birds up on the mountain with several different ones passing through as they migrated.  Here it seems the birds stay year around.  We have a bush in the front yard that has decided to blossom and is full of small purple flowers and they are covered with bees !  And it's January ! 

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

119 this partly sunny morning, 102 at bedtime last night. Don't know where that came from, but it is what it is...

Mild weather continues here. Got up to 40°F today.

Shanny

I was a quiet child but then I went through a more sociable stage during my teenage years. Adulthood has brought back the quiet persona, so I guess that's the 'real' me. Both of my husbands have been shy types too. I don't feel obligated to be the life of the party if we're out among 'em, and we don't go out very often. Interactions with family long provided all the social activity we need.

Tamagno

53 this morning,

Another wasted day yesterday at the ER. As usual, it was another UTI and after a few hours I got them to give me an injection of antibiotic along with a script and am on the mend. Likely I'll spend today napping and taking it easy...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  Well, 68° yesterday and should be the same today.  They are predicting 70° Monday and then cooling down but still in the mid 60s.  I do feel for those of you experiencing the extreme cold.
Hi Shanny, haven't heard from you for a while.  Hope all is OK.
Tamagno, missed you yesterday and was afraid it was something like that.  I hope it clears up soon. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

114 this morning.

Weather is even colder today at -19 deg when I got up at 7 a.m. 

Tamagno - Sorry about your UTIs.  I hope you will recover without any complications.  Last year when I was bothered by chronic UTIs, I started taking a probiotic daily.  For whatever reason, it seems to help.  Maybe you could ask your doctor if that might help you.

Shanny - I was also a quiet child mostly because I had a hearing loss and really could not participate in social gatherings.  Glad to have you back, missed you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021