You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

108 this pleasant morning, 116 at bedtime last night.

Another pleasant day. It is 72° again and that will probably be as high as it gets.

I always worry when Tamagno is MIA. Hope he is well.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

133 this morning.

Well, I thought I'd posted later in the day yesterday, but evidently not.

Anyway, I'd gone yesterday morning for the procedure to remove my port. All went well and I'm very, very glad to be free of it!

My grand plan for getting rid of meds and medical junk is going along...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

144 this morning.

The "muggies" have settled in here.  Humidity at present is 95% however the high temperature is only supposed to be 78 deg F - still uncomfortable outside.

Tamagno - Glad to hear the procedure for your port went well.  Hope you continue to feel better. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  It is supposed to get to about 107° today and about the same for the next couple of days but cooling down a bit over the weekend.  It's hot but I am glad we don't have the humidity to deal with.
Tamagno, glad to hear you are doing well.  I hope your plan to get rid of meds and medical junk works out for you.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 this morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

Glad all is well Tamagno.

It is 75° now, forecast is for 84°, but don't think it will get there.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

201 this morning.

Looks like decent weather here today as well.

Regardless, I'm already prepping for winter and have ordered six cords of firewood. Trying to figure out an easier way to get it from the woodshed to the house as needed but can't figure a good alternative to what I'm already doing. I'd really, really miss the wood stoves, but they inevitably take a huge amount of physical labor. I'm optimistic about doing all that...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

109 this morning.

Our weather is bright, sunny and 66 deg F but it is still muggy because our humidity is 85%.  I would really like less humidity so we could open the windows and have fresh air.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Snap Grammabear, 109 for me this morning also.  I made machaca shredded beef with the rest of the roast that was left over and had a burrito with an actual flour tortilla last night so I thing I did OK.
It is supposed to get to 109° for a high today, matching my fasting #  :D , and I believe it will as we started at 80° at 5:00 AM.

Tamagno, we used wood stoves for heating a lot up on the mountain.  We had propane heaters also but it was quite expensive.  Using wood is a lot of work for sure and here in town we have a wood stove and a fireplace but the natural gas is not costly and we have not burned any wood since moving here. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

124 this partly cloudy morning, 110 at bedtime last night.

72° right now, forecast high 79°, could happen. Off to run errands. Sure hoping the smell in my car will get better fast!

Tamagno

270 this morning.

I like burning wood as I've got a heat source even when power goes out, plus I can cook in them if need be. I think I need an especially sturdy robot to do this stuff...

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  We didn't quite get to the predicted 109° yesterday but we did get to 106° and that is close enough.  Same for today then cooling down a bit for the weekend. 
Yeah Tamagno good points.  We do have the wood stove and enough wood that it could serve as a backup if we lost power and that is always a possibility. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

120 this morning.

It is 69 deg F here today and raining which makes everyone happy, well at least a lot of people happy.  At least our grass will stay green a little longer before that 'cold' season starts.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

106 this cloudy morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

This has been such an odd Summer! I've lived here 15 years and never have we had so many thunderstorms in the Summer, there was a big one yesterday afternoon fortunately with lots of rain. High today 78° and cloudy all day.

I have natural gas so when the power goes out I can still use my fireplace in the living room and stove in the kitchen, just have to start the stove with a lighter. My furnace has an electric start mechanism so it doesn't work, but the fireplace heats enough to keep me warm.

My bigger problem when the power goes out is that my well pump stops working and I have no water. I keep bottles of water in my storage are to keep me covered for 5+ days.

Tamagno

140 this morning.

Power outages up here are most often fairly brief, lasting only a few hours, although the worst was a solid two weeks. Often as not, we also lose phone and internet as their lines run on the same poles (felled trees being the usual culprit).

I've installed battery back ups for phone and internet that give me about four hours use, but none are robust enough to handle HVAC and the fridge.

It's always interesting to have life without all our conveniences - gives me a greater appreciation for the hardships of our forebears.

Grammabear

92 this morning.

Earlier this Spring it rained every other day (which is unusual for this area) and now it has been over a month since it rained.  We did get about an inch of rain last night which will help the crops in this area grow better.  It is unusual for us to lose electricity for a long period of time.  This past winter we lost electricity on the coldest day of the year which made it necessary to burn real wood in our fireplace.  It gives enough heat to stay warm provided you are sitting right in front of it.  For us having a fire in the wood burning fireplace draws heat from the rest of the house.  But it did make it possible to do a bit of cooking on a cast iron skillet during the power outage.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021