You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We got to a high of 108° yesterday but it is supposed to cool down for the weekend.  Still over 100° though.
Tamagno, yeah, it is amazing how much we take for granted and how we are floundering when we lose something like power.  It is always good to have a back up but most people don't.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 this cloudy morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Another very cloudy day. It is 67° right now, high predicted 76° but I doubt it will get there. No rain in the forecast.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

157 this morning.

Hazy and very humid today; it was much the same yesterday.

Sunday is my day off from cooking, so my wife will do the honors tonight. While I enjoy cooking a great deal, it's wonderful to have a day of rest and be off my feet!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

120 this morning.

Tamagno - I'm glad you get a night off from preparing the evening meal.  What will you folks be having this evening, or is that a surprise for you?
Last night we had fresh sweet corn on the cob which is considered "highly desirable" in the midwest for a limited amount of time.  Most of the time I don't eat corn, but fresh sweet corn I do indulge and have one ear.  We also had a slice of those new 'personal size' watermelon.  I haven't had watermelon in years, but this one was SO good.  Obviously watermelon is only available for a few weeks here, so is also considered delectable by some of us.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  It was cooler yesterday with a high of 103° and a very nice 67° this morning at 6:00 AM.  It should be about the same today. 
Had salmon last night grilled on the Traeger and it came out really good.  I think that this will become a regular fairly often.  I have avoided corn and watermelon for a long time because of the fear of it raising my bg too high but like a lot of other things I am finding that I can tolerate more than I realized and I need to try other things and test to know for sure. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this blue sky morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

High yesterday ended up at 70° about what I expected. Today is supposed to be 86°, right now it is 69°so maybe...time will tell.

Starting to pull my things together for my trip to CA next week. Got a new suitcase (fits under seat in front) from Amazon that is even smaller than the computer case I have been using so I will have to learn how to pack it efficiently. It's purple!!  :)

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

WOW!!!  A purple suitcase.  I envy you Barbara as I love purple.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Me to Kathy! It is a Samsonite the color is called Purple Cloud. I love it!

Tamagno

175 this morning.

Salmon on your Traeger sounds great, Wally. One of the good things about the climate out there is you can do that, I guess, most all year. Ever looked into a Himalayan salt plate to use on it? Might be a worthy addition.

Grammabear, good, fresh corn and watermelon (I've not seen those little watermelons yet, sounds intriguing) this time of year is wonderful. As a kid, it was everywhere in August, and nearly unavoidable. Didn't hurt that those summer meals were topped with homemade ice cream and peaches for dessert!

My wife grilled lamb patties last night which are always good. Tonight she wants to try chicken with a cilantro sauce that sounds yet better.

Our weather pattern of high heat and humidity continues. The last couple of evenings we've also had thunder, lightning and rain. Makes you think it'll knock out the humidity, but not yet.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

152 this morning.

Salmon on the grill would probably have to be my favorite at the moment.  We don't always have the chance to buy fresh salmon, so instead we get frozen salmon.

Lamb patties in our store at least, are cheaper per pound than ground beef patties.  I'm not sure why, but I've never had them on the grill.  They sound absolutely delicious.

My grandson is making slow but steady progress in his recovery.  His balance is getting better and he no longer needs a great deal of assistance when he takes a shower.  His mother said his appetite is improving somewhat also, so we're grateful for small things.

Weather here today is supposed to reach 85 deg F which is moderate, however the humidity is 89% so it isn't going to be a particularly pleasant day weather wise.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We were under the 100° mark yesterday with a high of 99°  :D .
It should be about the same today and then warming up a bit.
Tamagno, I had never heard of a Himalayan salt plate before so I Googled it and it looks interesting.  Might just have to try it out.
Grammabear, glad your grandson is making progress. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

104 this morning, 111 at bedtime last night.

Glad to hear your grandson is improving Grammabear.

Wally I have a Himalayan Salt shot glass that I occasionally use for Tequila. No need to salt the rim!  :)

It got up to 78° yesterday. Today's forecast is again 86°. It is 78° now, may get to 86...

Saw 2 sweet baby deer un the yard yesterday. Very young, probably born this spring. They were thoroughly enjoying the weeds growing in my lawn!!

The other day I was at the farm & feed store getting bird seed and mouse traps. The clerk told me of a great natural mouse repellant. They apparently hate capsaicin so I bought a few jalapeño peppers at the store, cut them up and sprinkled all around and under my car. Will see if that works as well as the citrus peels did with the skunks.

Tamagno

221 this morning.

It's amazing how fast young bodies can heal, Grammabear. I'm so glad your grandson's improving!

I got terribly spoiled with fresh fish when I used to work in Hawaii where everyone's sensitive to eating it as fresh as possible. It makes a huge difference, but is nearly impossible up here. Of course, no matter what, it's very expensive and I don't want to buy it and be disappointed, so it's a rare luxury.

I suspect that the oily fishes like salmon and blue fish would benefit from grilling on a salt block. I guess there's something of a trick to it as heating the salt too quickly can break it. A grill like the Traeger should be perfect for controlling that, I'd think.

Grammabear

115 this morning.

Fresh salmon in this part of the country costs a lot per pound but fresh gr beef costs a little bit more.  Go figure that one out.  At the grocery store where we shop, which is a huge store, grass fed ground beef can be over $9-12 a pound, while fresh salmon is about $8-10 a pound.  As Tamagno said, fresh fish is a luxury for some parts of the country.

Barbara - I would be most interested in knowing if the jalapeno peppers you tried around your car helps at all in discourage the "meece" from building nests in your car's engine area.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  We had another 99° high yesterday but it is expected to get a bit hotter today.
There are some places along the coast of California that you can get fresh fish but what we have is all "previously frozen" or frozen.  Still it's good and the salmon was not that expensive compared to a beef steak so it does fit in. There is a controversy about wild caught compared to farmed salmon and I am not sure how much of a difference it makes but this was farmed salmon.   
I'm going to look into the salt block, it sounds interesting.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024