You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

246 this morning.

Doing body work on my cars is something I find a bit too daunting, Wally. Somehow or other there seem inevitably tons of purpose-made little plastic clips that I have a great talent for breaking. A very admirable undertaking, however!

I hate to say it, but fall's in the air up here. Days are rapidly getting shorter and nights cooler. Well, it's nearly September, so not exactly a surprise...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  No Fall in the air here.  It was cooler at 100° for a high yesterday but it is supposed to get to 106° today.  We are starting out at 79° at 6:00 AM so that is possible.  Fall weather here doesn't normally start until October or even November so we have a ways to go.
Yeah Tamagno, some of these things are difficult to say the least.  I did finally get the door open but it was tough.  The interior door panel has to be removed to get access to the latching mechanism and it is made to be removed when the door is open.  Tough job getting it loose when the door is shut.  A lot of hard to reach screws then needed to be removed and the access is really hard.  You need four hands at least to manage it but somehow I did get it done finally. Took me all day and now that the door is open I can change the latch and should be good. I have cuts and bruises all over from reaching through the metal openings in the door.  Some fun !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

106 this morning.

I grow weary of trying to figure out whether a infusion site is good or bad, especially at night.  I have gone from 110 at bedtime to 49 during the night.  Then I end up eating far too much sugar in one form or another and my blood sugar goes the other direction.  I could just cry.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

143 this morning. Not exactly sure where that came from as I ate "fairly" well yesterday. I suppose it is partly that my schedule is all out of whack and the best food choices aren't exactly available...oh well it won't happen every day!

I had a great trip! My DD's oldest daughter (8) is always so sad when I have to leave, it makes me sad too. DD is starting to turn the screws of guilt to try to get me to move back to CA. As much as I might like to, I honestly can't afford to move back and she just doesn't seem to want to understand that. I said maybe very western Nevada, and she said that is too far (she is in the Bay Area). I'm 70 yrs old, alone and have a $hit ton of stuff, there is no way I can move on my own at this point. I am really hoping this is not going to open a rift that I can't fix. I'm slowly getting rid of things but it is not going to happen anytime soon that I can ups and easily move. Great trip, but bad vibes after...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

149 this morning.

Wally, my wife's last car (a Toyota RAV4) was so packed in the engine compartment, I couldn't even get my hands in to replace a headlight bulb. Clearly, specially-trained raccoons are needed for some of these things. Glad you got to your door latch!

Sadly, BigSkyGal, it can be really hard explaining to younger people the limitations arising with age and infirmities. Youth seems to suspect us of malingering and/or an excess of frugality.

Grammabear, if someone figures out a more reliable method of insulin delivery, it'd be worth a fortune. Meanwhile, there's nothing for it but to muddle through...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

106 yesterday.  We got to a high of 105° yesterday and it looks like that will be the norm for the rest of the month.  It looks like a cooling trend starting September and that is normal. 
Tamagno, yeah, cars nowadays are so cram packed with stuff it can be a real bugger to work on them.  I did get the door finished yesterday but it was not easy to work through the cutouts in the door to get to the workings.  With all of the weird positions I had to get into to reach stuff I am sore all over.  Glad that is done. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

94 this morning, 91 at bedtime last night.

So true Tamagno, both DD and her wife have very high paying jobs and just don't understand living on a small amount of money. I'm doing just fine here in MT but in CA I would be struggling or dipping into my investments a lot! I saw the prices in the grocery store when we were shopping and then the sales tax! We have no sales tax here in MT. That is a big deal... Moving back, any money I might make from my home would be much less than enough for a home in CA. It just isn't a viable option as far as I can see at this point at least.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

144 this morning.

BigSkyGal, our original plan was to move out of Connecticut by now, but it's just too expensive to move and too hard to find buyers for houses up here. By the time we'd paid realtors fees on the sale of our house, moving costs plus all the associated Connecticut taxes (they even charge you a 1% tax for moving out of state), we'd have eaten up any savings we would get by moving - not to mention the question of whether or not I'm physically capable of doing it. Like California, everything is terribly expensive in the northeast. Likely we'll just stay here and hope we don't outlive our savings. For the most part, I'm afraid it's something I've given up even thinking about.

Oh well, I'd best occupy myself thinking happier thoughts...

Grammabear

92 this morning.

Moving anywhere is expensive.  Home prices in the midwest are rising just the same as elsewhere in the country.  Food prices here are also rising.  So far we are blessed in that we can still get around and do our own shopping etc, but when that changes, who knows what will happen.  Better to think happier thoughts I reckon.

Fall is coming as some of our trees are beginning to drop their leaves, in particular we have several white birch trees whose leaves are turning yellow and falling.  Not really looking forward to that 'white' stuff coming.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Well, Fall and Winter seem quite a long way off here.  We had a high of 107° yesterday and it is supposed to be 108° today.  I am looking forward to cooler weather.
Moving can be expensive and is very labor intensive.  Moving from anywhere to California is probably always going to be costly.  I'm lucky that sharing this house with my BIL makes it affordable for me but I would not be able to do it on my own.  Moving from the house on the mountain to town was a big project and I would not want to do it again.  Did get rid of a lot of pack-ratted stuff though !
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

106 this morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

There is a bit of the feel of Fall in the air, but it could still warm up in Sept. The leaves aren't turning or anything yet so not Fall yet.

A gel on another forum I frequent said her dad had mouse in the engine problems too and what they did that worked was prop the engine lid open so there was light in the compartment. Mice won't nest in the light. So, I have the lid open now. There are windows all around the garage as the former owner used it as a workshop. This is the best solution yet!!

I downloaded the app LetGo yesterday, gotta start getting rid of things!!

Tamagno

170 this morning.

Would have been along earlier, but I managed to spill my morning coffee/oatmeal all over my bedroom floor...

Seems as though I've been ruthlessly throwing out stuff around here forever! At some point I came to realize that absolutely no one has any interest whatsoever in my family memorabilia or mementos from my career and none has any value at all. It's been easiest those times I've had a dumpster on hand for the big stuff (actually put a riding mower in one). Whoever finally inherits this joint will have to go through everything, and I aim to make it simple as possible.

Grammabear

154 this morning.

I don't think Summer is finished here as the forecast for tomorrow is 85 deg F or higher.  I like the heat but not the humidity.  I am looking for a few days when we can have the windows open again for some fresh air before we have to lock up everything tight for winter.  Also looking forward to the long weekend so maybe we can grill out once more before winter.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Still quite Summery here.  We had a high of 107° yesterday and it should be the same today.  Will be doing a lot of grilling over the weekend.
I know that keeping the hood open helped a lot to keep the rodents from nesting in vehicles that were outside when I was up on the mountain.  It should work in the garage when there is a lot of light inside also so well worth a try.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

120 this morning, 108 at bedtime last night.

It warmed up today to 80°. Very breezy this evening. Looks like a warming trend for the long weekend.