You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

151 this morning.

Hopefully, we still have some summer left! Nights do grow cool though, if only because days are noticeably shorter. All things being equal, I ought to still be grilling at least some through September.

Haven't yet seen anything by way of mice around just yet, but I've been avoiding stairs and so the basement which is where I usually see them first. Once they're active in the house I know colder weather is at hand. Traps remain my best solution for them here.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.

Our weather this morning is 61 deg F with a high temperature of 86 deg F.  This kind of weather makes for better sleeping IF the humidity weren't so high at 89%.

We've already experienced the "invasion" of rodents in our area.  My hubby also uses those new plastic traps and he uses peanut butter as bait.  In our attic he puts traps and dryer sheets because supposedly mice don't like the smell of dryer sheets. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  A bit cooler yesterday with a high of 103° but windy later in the day. Should be the same today including the wind.
We have been lucky here and no mice or rodents here.  It was a big problem up on the mountain but here, so far, not at all. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

127 this cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night. Woke uo coughing and now on to sneezing...

Much cooler today, it is only 62° right now, I even have the fireplace going as I was chilled. Think I am coming down with something. Yuk!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on August 29, 2019, 02:33:42 PM127 this cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night. Woke uo coughing and now on to sneezing...

Much cooler today, it is only 62° right now, I even have the fireplace going as I was chilled. Think I am coming down with something. Yuk!

I have a brother who went to his doctor with the same sort of symptoms you are describing.  He was diagnosed with a extreme case of seasonal allergies.  When I spoke with him, he sounded like he had pneumonia but it is allergies.  I hope you feel better soon Barbara.  If you don't, maybe you should see the doctor?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Sweety

118 today.

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to be away from the forum again. Things happening in life keep me away. I have some readings from the past few days but I will update those later in the BG tracker.

How is everyone doing?
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

229 this morning.

Busy is good, Sweety; nice to see you back!

I confess to having a strong craving for fast food lately (burger and fries from Burger King or Five Guys, I think). I know if I purchase such a thing I'll only manage a couple of bites, it won't have much flavor, will be expensive, and do nothing at all good for glucose, but I may need to get it out of my system. These cravings rarely prove crave-worthy in the end...

BigSkyGal, sometimes when I'm too cold all the time, it turns out I've got a low-grade fever, usually from another UTI; could be a good idea to check your temp.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

62 this morning, not a good night for me.

It is a bright and sunny day and currently 69 deg F.  Maybe it will warm up a little later on today.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  We had a high of 103° yesterday but it looks like we will be seeing around 107-108° for the weekend.  Should be cooler weather coming in September.
Hi Sweety, glad you are doing OK. 
Tamagno, I do enjoy a fast food burger once in a while, probably only once in a couple of months.  It doesn't bother my bg too much but I skip the french fries.  I guess it is good to get it out of your system and back to normal once in a while.
Barbara, hope you are not coming down with something but if so I hope it is over quickly.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

127 this partly cloudy morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

High was 80° yesterday at this point today it is 78° with a possible thunderstorm.

Still not feeling well. As the day progresses I seem to feel somewhat better, but in the mornings I am coughing and sneezing. I don't think I have a fever, but I will dig out the thermometer and check.

Nope no fever, 99.2° so probably alergies.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

234 this morning.

Never did make it out yesterday - wound up too low in the morning and again in the afternoon, so I was exhausted and was in bed by 5:30pm. Got to make sure that doesn't happen today as we're going to friends for brunch. Seems I just can't tolerate those lows like I did a few years ago...

Grammabear

153 this morning.

Tamagno - I think as we get older, it does take us longer to recover from a low.  I had two lows yesterday, one 49 and the other 61.  Today I feel tired but I still have house chores to do.  We shall see how today goes.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  We made it to a high of 106° yesterday to start the Labor Day weekend.  It looks like that will be the norm for the weekend and then start cooling down next week.  Looking forward to September and cooler temps.
I think it takes longer to recover from everything as we grow older !  At least it seems to be that way for me.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

114 this blue sky morning, 112 at bedtime last night.

It is 72° now with a predicted high of 85°. Yesterday only got to 78°.Kind of thinking today will be somewhere around that too.

Still not feeling very well. At least the coughing abates quite a bit later in the day. Pretty sure it is allergies, so many weeds are blooming right now after the wet, cooler Summer.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on August 31, 2019, 10:42:14 AMI think it takes longer to recover from everything as we grow older !  At least it seems to be that way for me.

Very true and applicable to all.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH