You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

83 this morning.

My husband has a cold now and since he believes in sharing, he has passed it along to me.  Bah humbug.

The office visit with the GP yesterday turned out better than I expected.  I met the new person hired to be a 'helper' to my doctor.  She is very personable and speaks the language of diabetes because she is a CDE (certified diabetes educator).  I don't know much more than that about her, but she did give me a good tip for treating low blood sugars.  That is:  if you like raisins, those little snack boxes of raisins are great for treating lows if you find glucose tablets annoyingly hard to chew.  I will have to try her tip next time I have a hypo.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  It was warmer yesterday with a high of 103° and in the late afternoon we actually got some rain, not much but enough to get everything wet and raise the humidity.  The temp. will probably be about the same today and right now the humidity is 41% which is a lot higher than normal for here.
Tamagno, I rarely eat anything from fast food joints but anytime I need to travel to Lancaster which is 75 miles from here I make it a point to stop an In-N-Out for a burger.  Still something i really enjoy.  In town here we only have a Burger King, Carl's and McDonald's and those don't tempt me.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

The high for yesterday ended up being 80°. It is 80° here now with forecast of 88° for today.

Feeling a bit better and voice is improving. But still a ways to go... Thanks for the suggestions Grammabear and Tamagno! I almost bought Ricola lozenges Monday but went with Halls (pretty useless). The steamy shower sounds good, I ache all over from coughing. I'll try salt water. When I was a kid we gargled pickle juice for sore throats. It worked pretty well then, but not so much now.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

148 this morning.

Wally, I'm curious about In 'n Out Burger as I hear lots of good comments - none of them at all out here, though.

BigSkyGal, this last year I saw lots of recipes using pickle juice as a component of chicken marinades. Maybe that'd help and be more palatable.

I'm making progress getting arrangements finalized for wood delivery and stacking. Next hurdle is figuring out how I'll get it in the house.

For various reasons, Thursday is one of my favorite days; nearly always being quiet the main one, with a clear shot at doing everything on my own schedule. Today should be good!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

85 this morning.

Bigskygal - I can relate to the sore ribs from so much coughing.  I have the Ricola lozenges but it works only as long as you have one dissolving in your mouth.  I would take a OTC product for a cold but all of them have the same ingredient as Tylenol, which absolutely wrecks the continuous glucose monitor sensor.  All in all the hot shower seems to work the best.  Thanks Tamagno.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  We had a thunder storm at 6:00 AM and it rained for a short time but all gone in a few minutes so not a lot of rain.  It is keeping the humidity high though and we are supposed to get to 104° today so it may be kind of crummy.
Tamagno,  In 'n Out Burger started near where I lived and originally they only had drive through service in all of their locations.  That is where the name came from, drive in, pick up your dinners and out.  It still is a family owned operation with no plans to franchise so just in the West.  I guess the draw is that it is all fresh food and the menu is just burgers, fries and drinks.  They really are good though and very popular.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this partly cloudy morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

High yesterday another 80°. Forecast for today 92°, outside thermometer says 80° right now (4:45) so I don't think it is going to get that high.

Feeling better today but not totally well. Voice is better and coughing less. I am taking Benadryl during the day as well as overnight so that may be part of the reason...whatever, I'll take it!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

163 this morning.

Wally, we've got a few little mom and pop roadside burger joints around here, one of which is really good, but a bit of a drive. Actually found a YouTube video on In 'n Out Burger that was interesting. One of the fun things when I used to travel was to try these local places. Occasionally, you'd find something really good.

Speaking of good local eats, I made some tomato soup from scratch yesterday. Roasting the tomatoes proved a good idea as did adding a bit of allspice and finishing with heavy cream and some brandy. Haven't done it, but I bet some seafood in it would be good.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

137 this morning.

I miss the 'Mom and Pop' burger places.  There are none around here - just the franchise places which in my opinion aren't worth the time.  It is getting so that franchise joints are the only option except for eating at home.

Tamagno - I love homemade tomato soup.  It used to be my comfort food when I was a child.  I hope you truly enjoyed your efforts.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Cooler yesterday and after this weekend we should be under the 100° mark.
We do have a local "hamburger joint" that has a large menu including some very good Mexican food.  I tend to avoid it because it could become a habit !   ???
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

101 this rainy morning, 115 at bedtime last night.

80° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast 75°, cloudy and showers. It is 70° here right now and very cloudy.

Yet again, feeling a bit better. I guess it is going to take a while to get to 100% but as long as I am going in the right direction!

Yum Tamagno, homemade tomato soup sounds wonderful. Hope you enjoyed it.

The only fast food place that I would consider "local" is a Subway up on the highway. There are three or four local small restaurants in town, a Mexican, an organic/natural, an upper end, and a little cafe. The only one I haven't tried is the cafe, the others are very good but not in my budget to eat at often.

Tamagno

216 this morning.

One of the challenges with food is finding different flavors while avoiding the seriously carb-laden stuff. Lately the push for avoiding meats means lots of grain, fruit, and bean-type recipes are flying around. Plus, anything except chicken is so expensive you don't want to take chances with it.

I even see that someone is now selling flour made from crickets - well, at least it's zero carbs if you're eating bugs. I wonder what the groceries will call that aisle?

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We are still under 100° for our high with another 99° day yesterday.  It looks like that may be what we will be seeing for the next few days.  Not unhappy about that.
Bugs are something that I just don't see as a viable option for me.  I know that they are  a good source of protein and may help solve world hunger but I'll stick to cow and pig.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Today is one of those days that started out with a fit of coughing and more coughing.  I am looking forward to this cold being gone!!
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

96 this cloudy morning, 96 at bedtime last night. Those tests were almost exactly 11 hours apart. I really slept in this morning! Got up just before noon. This bug has really taken its toll on me! Feeling a bit better each day though.

High yesterday was 70° with intermittent showers. Today's forecast is 78°, it is 72° right now, so maybe will get there.

Yeah, I'm with you Wally, you won't be finding any bugs on my menu either. Just the thought makes me nauseous.

Hang in there Grammabear! I know just how you feel!