You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

Quote from: Tamagno on September 05, 2019, 05:13:31 AMFor various reasons, Thursday is one of my favorite days;

Mine is Sunday. i can be at my lazy best.

108 today morning.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

155 this morning.

I'm with y'all on bugs for food - only yesterday I saw a recipe recommending a Mexican salt spiced with dried, crushed worms. Perhaps sautéed in garlic and butter...

Was awake much of the night with upset stomach, dry heaves, etc. I hate when that happens; only mild things for me today.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  We were just at 100° yesterday and it got really windy in the afternoon and blew hard all night.  Still a bit of a breeze this morning but cooler and nice.  It looks like we will be leaving 100°+ days behind.  Not unhappy about that.
Hope you are feeling better Tamagno, it really sucks to not get a good nights sleep. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

85 this morning.

This virus has a hold on both of us at my house.  We do what has to be done and then spend a little time sitting.  I don't wish this aching and coughing on anyone.

Today is cloudy and rainy and temperature is 61 deg F, so definitely a good day to spend indoors.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

107 this cloudy morning, 110 at bedtime last night.

Another dreary cloudy day here. Yesterday's high was 70°, it is 68° now high forecast is 73° but don't think that is going to happen. Showers also in the forecast, that could well happen. My cottonwood trees are starting to change color, guess Fall is not far away.

Still dragging, but at least a little better each day. I have been sleeping so much, I guess I need it.

Grammabear & DH and Tamagno, hope you all feel better soon!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

160 this morning.

A much better night for me last night. BigSkyGal, Grammabear and hubby, I hope you all are feeling better soon! Looks like this one's drags on; not fun. My wife tells me it's making the rounds of her clinic as well. Seems early to be starting flu season.

Our weather is pretty seasonal and not bad, but the rapidly shortening days make it seem cool. Leaves are turning...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

88 this morning.

Sleep went better last night but still plenty of coughing and the runny nose.  This flu/virus or whatever it is called is hanging on too long.  Today is supposed to be rainy and our temperature is only 61 deg for a high temperature.

Anyone notice that the Keto lifestyle seems to be the latest thing when we have known it was good for us for quite some time.  Everywhere I go on the internet, there is a new "keto" blogger.  Some are interesting, some are not.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  We had a high of 93° yesterday and it was 63° at 5:00 AM.  Definitely getting cooler but not quite Fall weather yet here. 
Hope everyone is getting over the "bug" whatever it may be.
Yeah Grammabear, Keto has become a big new thing for those trying to lose weight.  I don't think it is a bad thing but people probably should do a bit of research before blindly jumping in on a new regimen.  It does work for weight loss and cutting carbs is a good thing for everyone I think but it is also necessary to make sure to get necessary nutrients.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this partly cloudy morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

The high yesterday ended up being 70° and it rained all evening. Right now it is 66° forecast is high of 73° maybe...

Everyday I feel a bit better but not 100%, I feel exhausted all the time. I will be so glad when this finally passes.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on September 09, 2019, 09:25:31 AMAnyone notice that the Keto lifestyle seems to be the latest thing when we have known it was good for us for quite some time.  Everywhere I go on the internet, there is a new "keto" blogger.  Some are interesting, some are not.

Absolutely correct. And many of these bloggers and so-called experts are raking in the big bucks, on information that should be free.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

120 this morning.

"Keto" diets, recipes and foods have been making the foodie rounds a little while now. Of course, what constitutes a low-carb diet is open for considerably loose definition and debate. Much like diabetic recipes, these keto recipes are all over the place with many calling for grains and fruit making actual carb content quite high. In most places, it's considered another fad diet, without consideration for health benefits beyond weight loss. It's better than nothing, I suppose.

Well, the first of my firewood arrives today. I'm a bit early getting it in, but best to get it all taken care of.

Grammabear

127 this morning.

Tamagno - Getting firewood early is good planning in my opinion as Mother Nature doesn't always stick to the calendar when she sends cold weather and that white stuff.

Today we are returning to Summer temperatures for us.  It will be close to 90 deg F and it is supposed to stay that way for a few days, then return to Autumn temperatures in the 50-60s deg F.

Bigskygal - I know what you mean about feeling better but not 100%.  Yesterday I felt better in the morning but really tired in the afternoon/evening.  Hope you improve soon also.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  I'm enjoying the cooler weather.  Yesterday the high was 92° and there was a breeze that made it nice to be outside.  Hoping we have a Fall before it turns cold.
I had two fillings yesterday at the Dentist.  There was no decay but it was from wear.  I guess it isn't unusual to have things wear out after 77 years.  Other things have shown signs of wear also.  :o)
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

102 this cloudy morning, 91 at bedtime last night.

Yesterday the high was 68°. Temp right now is 62°, high forecast is 67° may get there but kind of doubt it.

Every day a little better, but still dragging...

Tamagno

182 this morning.

Should have all six cords of my firewood this morning; got four yesterday and the other two coming early today. Now it's just got to get stacked.

A run of fairly mild weather here (the overnight low was about 60) which is all good as far as I'm concerned. Most years I don't get to running the wood stoves until the end of October.

I notice, though, that I'm already getting a lot of dry, itchy skin. Didn't think the humidity was so low, but perhaps it's time to get out the humidifier (a chore itself, but I do believe I cleaned and prepped it the end of last season).

Bit by bit, I'll be getting the house ready for the winter.