You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

119 this morning.

Today's temperature is 76 deg now with a high of 86 deg F and our humidity is 96%.  Thunderstorms are also predicted today.

I have also noticed dry, itchy skin coming much earlier this year than other years.  The prediction for a good corn and or soybean crop is very poor for the farmers.  I feel bad for them.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  Our high yesterday was only 88° and that is the lowest since spring.  Starting out today with a low of 62° so it should be nice today.
I came across this yesterday and thought of our previous discussion of eating bugs :

https://www.donbugito.com/collections/all

As its name suggests, San Francisco's pickup-only restaurant Don Bugito specializes in insects and related creatures. The Bugitos are toasted mealworms glazed with melted sugar and topped with organic coconut.

And, you can get them on Amazon !   `8)
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 this cloudy morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

High yesterday was 65°, that is the temp right now. Forecast says 69° for a high today, maybe...

Feel like I took a step backwards today, really don't feel good at all. Getting close to having to go grocery shopping and run some errands and I really don';t have the energy. Maybe tomorrow...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

167 this morning.

Hope you get to feeling better, BigSkyGal. It's so lousy to not even have the energy to get out.

Wally, all I can think of with meal worms is feeding them to aquarium fish. For better or worse, San Francisco has left itself open as low-hanging fruit for jokes as far as originating this sort of thing is concerned. Regardless, I'll follow your link just to have a look.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  We had a high of 88° yesterday, nice, and we were at 62° at 5:30 AM but it is supposed to be warming up and should be around 95° today. 
Yeah Tamagno, I think meal worms can remain as fish food as far as I am concerned but if anyone wants to eat a bug, there you are.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

145 this morning.  Nothing like a 'low' of 54 at 3:30 a.m. to ruin a good nights sleep, only to wake a few hours later at 200.  Diabetes is never dull.

Bigskygal - I surely understand the 'dragging' feeling that comes with this virus.  I hope you will feel better soon.

The plant nurseries around here offer mealworms as food to attract certain varieties of birds even having special feeders available for them.  We have too many other wild critters so we don't feed mealworms, but I've often wondered what the attraction is?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

107 this morning, 93 at bedtime last night.

68° was the high yesterday and looks like it will be today's high too.

Only got part way through my errands today just couldn't make it to the grocery store. Totally wrecked by the time I got home. Ran into a friend who is having a really bad allergy season too, so  guess I'm not the only one.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

186 this morning.

Yesterday appears to have been rough for a few of us. I couldn't get my glucose settled either, Grammabear, and the resulting exhaustion left me napping between bouts of high and low. I notice when I start going below 45-50, I'll adjust by physical sensation rather than by brain. Most always, I overcorrect. Anyway, I slept better last night and am hoping to be more productive today.

The simple fact remains, the less I eat, the better I do.

Firewood is delivered and safely stacked in the woodshed. One thing done.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

89 this morning.

We had copious amounts of rain last night from 3-5 inches of rain depending on where you lived.  I haven't been to the basement to see if we have water on the floor down there.  We received weather warnings of one sort or another all night.  Not sure what is forecast for today, but I do hope it isn't more rain.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  We had a high of 93° yesterday and it is supposed to get to 100° today and 101-102 Saturday and Sunday then next week it will cool down to the low 90 to high 80s.  No rain here but it would be nice.

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

108 this partly cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

68° did end up being the high yesterday. Right now it is 66° forecast is for 74° high, but I kind of doubt that will happen.

I will be so happy when this allergy season passes!! They haven't hit me this hard in a long time. I still have zero energy and appetite.  ~cof~

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 13, 2019, 10:23:27 AM103 this morning.  We had a high of 93° yesterday and it is supposed to get to 100° today and 101-102 Saturday and Sunday then next week it will cool down to the low 90 to high 80s.  No rain here but it would be nice.

Wally - I wish we could share some rain with you there because last night we had a very bad storm that left us with 5 inches of rain and tomorrow is forecast to bring us some more.  Ugh...........

Quote from: bigskygal on September 13, 2019, 02:48:23 PM108 this partly cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

68° did end up being the high yesterday. Right now it is 66° forecast is for 74° high, but I kind of doubt that will happen.

I will be so happy when this allergy season passes!! They haven't hit me this hard in a long time. I still have zero energy and appetite.  ~cof~

Bigskygal - Both my husband and I feel very much like you do with zero energy and nothing sounds good as far as appetite goes either.  We did make it to the grocery store and back again, but energy is now gone.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

High this morning (looks like time to change my insertion set).

Seems as though many of us have had a lot of rain this summer, but when I go back and check it's really not unusual. Those long, heavy rains like you're having, Grammabear, wreak havoc when we get them. I hope you haven't gotten water in your basement.

Things are looking reasonably quiet here this weekend with no major projects needing doing. Looks like we might be able to grill tomorrow.

Grammabear

130 this morning.

Wow...it is 56 deg F here this morning with a high of only 79 deg F.  That seems a bit cold for September.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021