You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  We got to 98° yesterday and it is supposed to get to just over 100° today then we should see some cooling. 
Grammabear, we would welcome any rain you could send this way, wish it worked like that.
I think we will do a Tri-tip on the BBQ.   ~bbq~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this morning. Didn't get a bedtime reading...just crawled into bed and slept...

High yesterday was 72°. It is 67° right now, forecast s 83° but I doubt it will get there.

Still dragging, not even going to try to go grocery shopping today, maybe tomorrow...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

127 this morning.

Wally, my wife said she almost bought tri-trip on special at Aldis but didn't as she wasn't sure what to do with it. Wish she had - I can think of plenty of things, including your grilling.

Managed to start my morning yet again with spilled oatmeal. Fortunately there's never much of it, but I just hate making work for myself.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

82 this morning.

https://www.jamber.com/
I saw the above coffee mug advertised online and took a chance and bought one.  It is very easy to hold if you have trouble in that area.  I have arthritis in my hands and this cup is much easier to hold than regular cups.

Temperature this morning is 61 deg and humidity is 98%.  Really hard to breathe outside.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

108 this morning.  We did hit 100° yesterday as predicted and that is supposed to be the hottest day for a while.  Expecting cooler temps from today through next week.
Tamagno, Tri-tip is a great cut to BBQ and it can be used in a lot of ways.  We have it fairly often.
Grammabear, that cup looks like it would be nice for a lot of reasons.  I do have some arthritis in my hands but so far I don't have a problem holding a coffee mug but maybe in the future I will.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

High was 73° yesterday. It is 71° right now with forecast of 84° doubt it will get there.

I seem to have gotten to a point in healing and then gotten stuck there. I am so tired of being tired and coughing/sneezing.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

131 this morning.

Thanks, Grammabear. I've experimented with a number of devices and will have to try this.

While not strictly accurate, I'll say with tongue firmly in cheek, that I've even managed to spill a feeding tube, so this is something of a challenge.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Sweety

111 today.

Our weather is wet and sultry. It has rained a lot this year and for that reason we have a lot of potholes in the roads. You can imagine the traffic with all that. 
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

55 (3.0) this morning.  Not a great way to start the day.  But it does mean I can have some honey which I absolutely love in my morning coffee.

Sweety - Do you live in a rural area or in the city?  I can imagine the traffic if it is heavy just makes the potholes worse.  How is your area about fixing the potholes?  Where I live, they don't bother fixing the potholes until somebody has a accident that causes damage to the vehicle and THEN they might fill in the pothole.

Bigskygal - My mother-in-law had an old timey recipe for coughing where she mixed equal amounts of soft butter with honey.  It worked very well for her as she didn't have to be careful of her sugar intake.  Still - it might soothe your throat too.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Cooler yesterday with a high of 96° and it is supposed to be cooler today with a high of 92° predicted.  Looking forward to a bit of Fall before it turns cold.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

119 this partly cloudy morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

High yesterday was 74°. It is only 70° and I don't think it is going any higher today.

Thanks for the tip Grammabear. I do have some honey sticks I got early on when the coughing was worse. I'll try it with the butter. Wiped out after my grocery shopping trip.

Tamagno

171 this morning.

For awhile, given the condition of our roads and ugly winters, I've entertained the idea of a personal hovercraft, helicopter or tracked vehicle. In reality, of course, none of these has any actual practical value. Now, I just stay in.

I think a book that's a compilation of home remedies (especially those from the past) for colds, etc., would be an interesting read. Likely there's a web site somewhere that does just that. I recall my father treating cold symptoms with a hot toddy of whiskey and orange juice, for example, that I suppose would be at least temporarily soothing.

Grammabear

75 this morning. 

Indeed it would be a good read Tamagno to read homemade remedies, some of which might have actually worked.  My MIL lived about 15 miles from the nearest town so going to the doctor was considered a 'long' trip if you were sick.

Speaking of books, does anyone do any reading - whether it be hard cover or the electronic variety?  I've been considering getting Kindle but don't know if it is worth the effort?  Also, sorry for the silly question, but is it better to read Kindle on a tablet or just what is the purpose of having a tablet?  I always thought it was to read or watch movies on a bigger surface area.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  We had a high of 89° yesterday and it has been a while since we were that cool.  This morning it was 62° at 6:00 AM and should be even cooler today.
Tamagno, when I lived on the mountain a 4WD made it a lot easier to get around in the winter when there was ice or snow.  A hover craft would be a unique answer though. 
I just saw on the News that there was snow yesterday in the Lake Tahoe area of the High Sierras.  Early for snow but maybe a sign of what the winter will be like. 
Grammabear, I had a Kindle at one time but ended up using the Kindle App on my iPad.  The thing about the Kindle is that it is easier to read in higher light conditions like being outdoors.  If all I wanted to do was to read e-books I would get the Kindle but the tablet does a lot more and you can still read on it.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on September 17, 2019, 10:09:06 AMSpeaking of books, does anyone do any reading - whether it be hard cover or the electronic variety?  I've been considering getting Kindle but don't know if it is worth the effort?  Also, sorry for the silly question, but is it better to read Kindle on a tablet or just what is the purpose of having a tablet?  I always thought it was to read or watch movies on a bigger surface area.

Haven't read anything in a long time except for emails and forum posts. Most of my reading since 2012 centered around Health because I was studying for my Nutrition certification. And apart from the prescribed text books, I did a lot of online reading from websites and blogs. I still 'go through' the Newspaper every morning, but that's about it.

Like Wally says, a Kindle or notepad is essentially the same size, but the notepad does a lot more. For the eyes though, a real book is any day better.   
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH