You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

161 this morning.

Upon checking, I realized I'd somehow gotten used test strips mixed in with my good ones. Thankfully, I've got enough extras on hand I could get things back in order.

Last night my winter itchy skin kicked in furiously leaving me trying to get at all those pesky itchy spots to give them a good scratch. Time to break out my lotion collection.

I'm sure glad you're on the mend, Grammabear and BigSkyGal! It must be a great relief to you.

Checked off one more winter prep item yesterday by scheduling to have my septic system pumped. While it's only the two of us here, I don't want any problems with that, especially over the winter. Plenty more needing doing, but I'm at least a bit ahead this year.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Sweety

Quote from: Grammabear on September 16, 2019, 09:01:39 AMSweety - Do you live in a rural area or in the city?

Grammabear, I live in Mumbai, in India. We have some really bad roads in the suburban network.

112 today.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

133 this morning.  Not sure where that came from unless it was a peanut butter protein bar I had for a snack last evening.

Sweety - Thank you for answering the question.  Yes, I'm sure Mumbai has lots and lots of traffic just like many other large cities.  We have some bad roads also, especially in the Spring after the Winter snow melts.

Tamagno - A good number of people on diabetic groups on facebook have stated that their dry, itchy skin has started 'early' this year.  I've found it helpful to moisturize just after a shower when my skin is slightly damp.  Even then I still get a patch of eczema now and then.  It is frustrating.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  We had a high of only 81° yesterday but it is supposed to warm up a bit today, calling for a high of 88° so still nice.  It's dry all year here so winter doesn't change that.  It's interesting how the body reacts to some things like how humid it is.  Over time it becomes used to a change and adjusts to it but it can take time.
Grammabear, the protein bars I have seen all seem to be high in sugar so that could be your source of a higher reading for sure.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this cloudy morning, 83 at bedtime last night.

High yesterday was 63°. It is 61° right now with prediction of 63°, might get there.

Think I am at about 98% of normal now. The last few days of just staying in and taking it easy have helped a lot.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

144 this morning.

As I've mentioned before, Sweety, I'd love to see India and particularly to sample the street food in Mumbai - so much amazing food, but it must be hard avoiding carbs.

I think Wally's right, Grammabear that that protein bar had a lot of sugar. I used to eat lots of that sort of thing, but strongly suspect they're more candy bar than healthy protein boost.

Interestingly, my last Amazon order somehow got doubled. As usual, they don't want returns, so I got a "BOGO" deal.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on September 22, 2019, 03:35:43 AMAs I've mentioned before, Sweety, I'd love to see India and particularly to sample the street food in Mumbai - so much amazing food, but it must be hard avoiding carbs.

Hey John, you are more than welcome. You can stay with us at home, and sure enough, we will go eat all the yummy street food. This offer is open to all DP friends.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  There is a tropical storm to the South in Mexico that may bring some moisture here next week but that's just a guess right now.
It would be fun to travel to India but I don't see it happening any time soon.  Maybe some day though.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

142 this morning.  My cgm numbers started to climb from 100 to 142 about 8 hours after I had eaten the protein bar.  Since it is made from peanut butter I thought I was safe.  Turns out it has happened 2 days in a row.  I used to have a neighbor who once told me "If something tastes good, you have to spit it out because it surely will make your blood sugar rise."  Sadly I think that is the last of the protein bars for me.   :'(

It has been raining for 3 days off and on and more rain is predicted today.  Wish I could share it with someone who needs it a lot.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

99 this clear morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

61° was the high yesterday with a few showers. It is clear and 65° right now, his forecast is 75° but kind of doubt it will get that high.

I was in India for a month in the Fall of 2000. We were on a religious pilgrimage ending with a couple days seeing Sai Baba. It was amazing and everyone was so nice and I loved the food. I'd go back in a heart beat, but I doubt it is in the cards for me at this point.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

168 this morning.

I've got relatives who've spent a fair bit of time in India plus Indian friends I've met here the last number of years and it sounds fascinating albeit for me a considerable challenge. As always, you're very generous in your offer, SKB; staying with you would help understanding how best to get around, etc. I may make up a sort of travel plan in the chance it becomes a viable bucket list option.

Grammabear, I often read through various recipes I see around for making protein bars and the like. Most always, they're heavy on carb-laden nuts, grains and sugars, but if I find something that looks adaptable for us, I'll pass it along.

Grammabear

138 this morning.

It certainly looks like protein bars have joined the "no-no" list for me, but who knows, maybe someday I'll find an acceptable one.

Yesterday it just poured for over an hour straight.  Cars on the highway were forced to slow down because visibility was so poor.  Then maybe 3-4 hours later the sun started peeking through and traffic increased including motorcycles who wanted to get yet another 'ride' in before cold weather comes.

Speaking of cold weather, do any of you have a favorite cold weather food that you usually enjoy during the colder months?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Our high yesterday was 89° and it is supposed to get to 90° today but yesterday at this time it was 53° and today it is 70° so not sure where we are going.
When I first started paying attention to what I was eating and how it affected my bg I learned to read the label and see just what was in the item.  Carbs, sugar and added sugar are all listed and a lot of things I didn't realize had a lot of what i didn't want.  I was surprised when I read the label on an Atkins Bar that it was high in sugar.  So many things are surprising in how much sugar and carbs they have. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

103 this cloudy morning, 91 at bedtime last night.

68° was the high yesterday. It is 66° now, one site says high of 78° another says 67°, I think that is closer to the truth.

I make crack slaw a lot in the winter time. I use lots of peppers/hot sauce that warms me up.

Tamagno

187 this morning.

Not only are there lots of hidden carbs out there, but prepared foods recipes have a way of changing, as do my own sensitivities.

Grammabear, my winter foods are certainly different. In the summer, I'm fond of various salads of chopped vegetables with sweet and spicy dressings while in cold weather my vegetables most always get roasted. My meats also find their way to the oven switching from the summer charcoal grill.

Yesterday I made a sort of interim fall casserole using beautiful fresh tomatoes in a casserole with cheese and eggs.

Otherwise, I'm not sure I have an actual favorite any time of year...