You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

186 this morning.

Nice to see you back, Kris; hope all is well!

Following cataract surgery, I can get by without prescription glasses but I now really have to use reading glasses.

I don't generally consider things like iOS updates a big deal, but this latest is a fairly big one with quite a few changes that are significant. Not to be outdone, the next day Amazon announced no fewer than 15 new Echo devices. Besides the sheer number, they're also surprisingly cheap. Can't say I see myself using an Echo ring, though...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

123 this morning after a low of 62 several hours ago.

I received the call from the Eye Center for an introductory appointment toward the middle of October.  So now I have a few weeks to think about it.  I guess the thing that surprises me is not only that the technology exists to help those of us with cataracts, but that many people have a significant improvement in their vision.  I thought my poor vision in not being able to read things I used to see was simply 'old age' catching up to me.  Because I have worn "coke-bottle" glasses all of my life, I'm sort of hopeful things really will be better afterwards.

Tamagno - What changes, if any, did you need to make to your insulin regime for the cataract surgery you had?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  We had a high of 88° yesterday down from a high of 96° the day before.  It is supposed to cool down even more and be in the low 80s next week.  It is supposed to be windy over the weekend though.
Barbara, I used to have a mini-2 iPad but when we moved here the dog ate it !  ???
I replaced it with a mini-4 because I like the size better than the larger model.  The update is nice but your iPad will work just fine without it.  Sadly electronics become obsolete in such a short time.  At least Apple sends updates several times during the lifetime of it's products.  I used to have an Android tabled made by Acer and there was only one update after I bought it and then no more.  You depend on the manufacture to send updates and the makers of Android products are really bad about doing it.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

81 (after a bedtime high of 203)

Thanks everyone.  Things have been pretty sketchy, in particular the blood sugar. I formed a new partnership which was supposed to create less stress in my life, but quite the opposite has happened especially with the complexity of the new tax law.  But I think we are finally through the worst of it though, hopefully.

So pretty much my health has taken a back seat to the tune of a recent A1c of over 11.  Yeah I know. Anyways, moving forward!

Weather report from Sonoma is lovely lovely fog after a couple of 100 degree days.  I'm definitely ready for fall. 

bigskygal

96 this partly cloudy morning, 90 at bedtime last night.

The high yesterday was 58°.  It is 57° right now, predicted high 61°, overnight prediction 42°. Now they are talking blizzard over the Rockies. I don't think, it will be that bad here, I hope! Think I will make a quick grocery run tomorrow, just in case.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on September 27, 2019, 04:38:36 PM96 this partly cloudy morning, 90 at bedtime last night.

The high yesterday was 58°.  It is 57° right now, predicted high 61°, overnight prediction 42°. Now they are talking blizzard over the Rockies. I don't think, it will be that bad here, I hope! Think I will make a quick grocery run tomorrow, just in case.

Blizzards already??  It's too early ~ somebody forgot to tell Mother Nature.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on September 27, 2019, 04:52:30 PMBlizzards already??  It's too early ~ somebody forgot to tell Mother Nature.

Yeah, they say the last time there was this bad a storm in September was something like 70 years ago.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: auntiekris on September 27, 2019, 11:52:13 AMSo pretty much my health has taken a back seat to the tune of a recent A1c of over 11.  Yeah I know. Anyways, moving forward!

Health does take a back seat once other stresses set in. But you've been around diabetic forums for a while and you know the drill. I'm sure you'll take charge and be back into better numbers soon enough. Take care.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

190 this morning.

Grammabear, I don't recall cataract surgery impacting glucose, at least not significantly. You'll have lots of eye drops to contend with both before and after, though, and I guess it's possible they could raise glucose along the line. The other big thing is deciding on your lens implants; there are many options. Mostly, my anecdotal experience has been that people find the less fancy versions better.

Wally, in the past I've often found Windows updates sketchy and occasionally the same for Mac. Lately though, Mac updates seem to have been pretty reliable. Portable device OS's are another matter, although  I think a virtue of Apple's new phone is supposed to be the ability to maintain unlimited years of updates.

Kris, I think dealing with taxes professionally would drive me to drink - the results to glucose would be, um, interesting.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

It looks very much like rain this day and we really need to get our lawn mowed. 

It is only 61 deg though and a 'high' of 63.  I wonder if we will get an early winter?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Cooler this weekend for sure but windy.  So far winds have been 25-30 MPH and could gust as high ad 40 MPH.  Not unusual for the desert.
I slept in today and it seems like I am off schedule a lot but that's strange because I don't have a schedule.  Just feel like I am late for something !  ???
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 28, 2019, 11:01:59 AM104 this morning.  Cooler this weekend for sure but windy.  So far winds have been 25-30 MPH and could gust as high ad 40 MPH.  Not unusual for the desert.
I slept in today and it seems like I am off schedule a lot but that's strange because I don't have a schedule.  Just feel like I am late for something !  ???

Same here Wally.  I woke today and thought it was Sunday.  When my husband retires, I'm afraid I will lose track of what day it really is.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

auntiekris

76 (after a high of 170 last night)

Thanks SKB, yes I know the drill.  Just need to mentally accept this is what I have to do.  Appreciate this forum so much.

Ha Tamagno, that explains my fondness for champagne.  ;D

Barb, blows my mind to think of blizzards right now. 

We have unusually cool weather at 67, which I'm loving.

Ahhh retirement?  Yes please!

bigskygal

93 this morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

High yesterday was 62°. The high today was 45° it is cooling down kind now is 41° now with overnight forecast of 30°. Snow predicted to start in the evening and throughout tomorrow then chances for Mon-Tue. I got out the snow shovels and put them on the front and side porches so I am set to shovel...not looking forward to it though. I just hope the power stays on.

The weather forecasters on TV are calling it Arctic Autumn and Septembrrr.

Tamagno

214 this morning.

Sounds like being off schedule is popular around here today and I've joined the crowd - somehow not getting my morning routine done on time or in the right order.

Grammabear, the rumors of an early and cold winter abound up here as well. Just now, it seems a bit unseasonably warm, but you never know. Most often I don't feel compelled to start burning wood until late October which would be just fine with me this year as well.