You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

114 this morning.

Hmmm, the weather seems to be 'off-balanced' as well here.  Today it is 59 deg and pouring rain with a high predicted of only 61 deg F.  No disrespect meant to the weather forecasters, but I think the weather is unpredictable so their chances of getting the forecast right are about 50-50.

Barbara - I also hope you don't end up having to use those shovels you have at the ready.  My husband tells me that the shovels with the strange looking crooked handle are much better on the back in case you were not aware.

We tried mowing our grass yesterday even though it was 'misting' outside.  Got about 1/4 of the way done when the riding mower absolutely quit right on the spot.  Of course it quit at the far end of our acre size property.  We ended up having to push it all the way to the house and into the garage.  Hubby will call the repair shop tomorrow for them to come and get it.  He ended up mowing some of the rest of the lawn with the mulching mower which really struggled as the grass was long and damp - not an ideal condition for mowing.

Auntiekris - Sometimes it is hard dealing with all the things one has to do for diabetes health.  Is there anything that bothers you in particular that one of us might help you with? 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  It's definitely cooler here, 80° for a high yesterday and only 54° at 7:20 AM this morning.  Our high today is supposed to be 74° so cool for here in September but then it is almost October.  Not nearly as cold as it is in other places and it looks like a real blizzard coming to Montana, Barbara, hope you don't get too much of it.
I don't have a schedule but I do have a routine and getting up later than usual did seem to throw me off.  I was up at 5:30 AM this morning and all seems normal.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

69 (after a bedtime high of 258)

Thanks Grammabear, I think it's just a mental thing for me.  All my life I've struggled with my weight, been yo-yo-ing on and off diets for as long as I can remember.  Just when I thought I had come to peace with it all, I found out I was diabetic and would be on a life long diet...bummer. 

But I know what I need to do if I want to stick around this place for awhile longer. Thank you for asking.

So enough of my sob story, it's a breezy 64 degrees here, but looks like back to the 80's next week.

Now back to those taxes!

bigskygal

107 this snowy morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

High yesterday was 45° the first snow started at 5:30PM. Only had a bit over an inch of snow here. Thank goodness. Further north and east they are getting feet. Glad I live in the "banana belt" part of the state. It is ever so lightly snowing/rain now but most of the morning snow has melted. Temp is 37° high predicted to be 38°, overnight low predicted 28°.

I bought one of those ergonomic snow shovels last winter and really like it!

Crack slaw for dinner tonight. Yum! 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on September 29, 2019, 04:29:54 PM107 this snowy morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

High yesterday was 45° the first snow started at 5:30PM. Only had a bit over an inch of snow here. Thank goodness. Further north and east they are getting feet. Glad I live in the "banana belt" part of the state. It is ever so lightly snowing/rain now but most of the morning snow has melted. Temp is 37° high predicted to be 38°, overnight low predicted 28°.

I bought one of those ergonomic snow shovels last winter and really like it!

Crack slaw for dinner tonight. Yum! 

Crack Slaw for dinner?  I could just cry, I love crack slaw.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

209 this morning.

Grammabear, having your riding mower quit like that is so frustrating. Hopefully, the shop fixes it quickly. (Reminding me that my snowblower needs its fall maintenance - best get that done today.)

Auntie Kris, ditto Grammabear's offer of assistance if you need it - with the diabetes, not the taxes of course.

Seems some aspect of my sleeping is growing worse, vis, the degree to which I wake disoriented. A common complaint I'm sure, but has become disturbing as I find myself terribly confused as to time and place, etc. A new phenomenon for me.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on September 30, 2019, 05:40:49 AMSeems some aspect of my sleeping is growing worse, vis, the degree to which I wake disoriented. A common complaint I'm sure, but has become disturbing as I find myself terribly confused as to time and place, etc. A new phenomenon for me.

Does this have anything to do with your BG numbers. Because, I know it for a fact that higher BG during sleep does generate nightmares. It's the brain trying to forcefully wake up the person. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

114 this morning.

skb - I never knew that higher BG numbers generate nightmares.  I also have sleep apnea and it seems that what you say is true.  When my BG number spikes during the night for whatever reason, my sleep apnea numbers also spike and a nightmare often follows.  I plan on revamping my pump's nighttime basal rates to see if that might help.

Our daytime temperature so far is just 69 deg and very foggy.  Hope that clears soon as we have appointment to see about getting my hearing aid fixed.  Never mind it is less than one year old and already needs repair.   :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Much cooler with a high of 74° yesterday and an overnight low of 52°.  Actually had to fire up the heater to take the chill of in the morning.  Nice during the day though but still windy. 
I guess I am pretty lucky as I tend to sleep well and I dream but no nightmares.  My bg is pretty good at night though so maybe that helps.
Barbara, glad you aren't getting the feet of snow like some are.  Pretty early for a blizzard though. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

88 this morning after waking up to a 33.  Need to lower the insulin as my carb count comes down.

Waking up disoriented does not sound like fun.  I hope it's a temporary thing for you Tamagno.

And fog, I love it, but not to drive in it, one of the more stressful things to do for sure.

The MT blizzards are making the news here, hooray for a banana belt!

One more day of mid 60's and then the warm up will start.

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 95 here this morning too, 92 at bedtime last night.

37° was the high yesterday. Today looks to be 48° the temp is already starting to go down. Low for tonight predicted to be 24°. Some of the snow totals are 52" North of me, many in the 40's and 30's mostly to the East of me. No snow left on the ground here but the mountains around me have a bunch!

Sorry to hear about your disorientation Tamagno. I too hope it passes quickly.

skb I had never heard about high bg causing nightmares. I do have them occasionly, though I generally sleep very well.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: skb on September 30, 2019, 07:29:30 AMDoes this have anything to do with your BG numbers. Because, I know it for a fact that higher BG during sleep does generate nightmares. It's the brain trying to forcefully wake up the person. 

I'm really sorry, what I meant to say was, lower numbers cause nightmares. Don't know what I was thinking when making that post. Apologies, one and all. Higher numbers must be causing brain fog.

~ins~
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

195 this morning.

Interesting point, SKB, and one I'll pay attention to. I'm rarely conscious of dreaming or having dreamt.

Breakfast this morning is a home grown tomato sliced with a bit of Duke's mayonnaise and a sprinkling of Maldon's salt - delicious!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

104 this morning.

Tamagno - your breakfast does sound delicious.  Isn't that Duke's mayonnaise good?  Our store just recently started selling it.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We had a high of 74° yesterday and it was 44° at 5:30 AM so on the cool side.  It is supposed to be warming up and looks like we will be in the mid 80s for the next few days.  No rain in sight for at least the next 10 days.
I do like a tomato and mayonnaise but I have always been partial to Best Foods or, East of the Rockies, Hellmann's.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023