You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auntiekris

105 this morning after a high of 233 last night.

Definitely copying Tamagno's breakfast tomorrow.

The sunrise was beautiful this morning.  Made me think of an article I read a few weeks ago about how a volcano erupting in Russia has caused sunrises and sunsets to be more purple in color due to the particles being emitted.  Interesting.

Chilly here this morning, for us, at 46°, high of 71°.

bigskygal

108 this partly cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

48° was the high yesterday, forecast for today is 47° and that is what it is right now. Overnight prediction is 27°. Temps are forecast to gradually rise which is nice!

Tamagno, that breakfast sounds yummy. Wally, while we don't have Duke's here to choose, I'm a Best Foods/Hellman's girl all the way. And we have both here! Maybe I'll check and see if Amazon has Duke's just to try it. I just ordered Wild Garlic Salt Flakes from Amazon, that would be really good on that tomato!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

114 this morning.

There's a difference in flavor between Dukes and Hellman's, both good, honest mayonnaise, but for me Dukes seems richer and closer to homemade. While you're on Amazon (or wherever) get a small container of Maldon's salt, just as a finishing salt. Oddly enough, part of its charm is that it's in flakes and adds a tiny crunch. Haven't tried it yet, but I suspect "chicken salt" would also be good.

It's actually going to be hot here today, so I'll grill later.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

77 this morning.

It is so humid here, almost like a tropical jungle and then to top it all off it is still raining.  The temperature reached 82 deg F yesterday and the humidity was 96%.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

auntiekris

46 after a high of 176 last night

I tried homemade mayo once, but I don't think I was patient enough.  Never had Dukes or Hellmans, will have to do a taste test.

42° right now with a high of 75°, gorgeous fall weather. 

walkerwally1

106 this morning.  Warming up a bit and supposed to get to 80° today but not having to deal with humidity do quite nice.
I tried homemade mayonnaise also and I was not too happy with how it came out. 
 Wild Garlic Salt Flakes sounds really good.  I think I will have to try that.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Anyone tried MCT creamer for your coffee?  Supposedly it is a non-dairy plant based creamer.  I'm just wondering if it is worth the money?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

107 this mostly clear morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

49° was the high yesterday. It is 46° now, high forecast 53° overnight forecast 31°. It is slowly warming up some.

Wally, the Wild Garlic Salt flakes are awesome!! The brand is FALKSALT. So tasty and big flakes. I have to thaw out a rib eye for dinner, can't wait to try the salt on it. I have to go look again, I think they have other flavors. Amazon does carry Dukes, but it didn't get very good reviews. I added it to may List, but will have to think about it.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

Grammabear, If I want  MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides) I just add Coconut oil to my coffee and sometimes HWC to make it a bullet proof coffee.  I stay away from non-dairy creamers because typically the ingredients are like this :

Ingredients: Corn Syrup Solids, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono- And Diglycerides, Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavor, Artificial Color.

Unless someone has an allergy to dairy I would avoid the "plant based" creamers.
Just my thoughts.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 02, 2019, 04:54:40 PMGrammabear, If I want  MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides) I just add Coconut oil to my coffee and sometimes HWC to make it a bullet proof coffee.

I'm also not aware of any plant based sources of MCT other than coconuts.

The ingredients Wally has listed do not sound very encouraging.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

88 this morning.

Sounds like I also need to try those garlic flakes. My Amazon cart generally has a half dozen such things waiting, so I'll add that one.

Also think I'll stay away from that coffee creamer - my favorite remains good old heavy cream.

Unusually small range of temperature here today going only from the upper 40s to the low 50s. Good day for me to stay in.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

123 this morning.

I guess the reason I looked at the MCT creamer is that it was made from coconuts and powdered so it would be easier to have on hand should I run out of HWC.

About a week ago I decided to cut way back on my carbs thinking if I could lower my total daily dose of insulin I could also lose weight.  The lowering of carbs is ok, not hard actually, but lowering the insulin via basal/bolus rates is a lot more challenging.  Been having lots of lows multiple times a day. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

auntiekris

100 after bedtime high of 153.

I feeling like I'm getting there slowly, less ups and downs during the day.  And daily exercise is definitely helping too.

Grammabear, I've just stopped taking the fast acting Humlin R because I've been getting so low as I've reduced carbs.  I can't imagine as a Type 1 the amount of calculating that must go into figuring the right amounts.  As least for taxes, I have a special program for that.  :)

I do like heavy whipping cream, but not in my coffee.  I keep trying, but I just love plain ol' black coffee. 

Two more days of beautiful mid 70's and then a warming trend unfortunately.

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  We have had a few days in the 70s also but it is supposed to be in the low 80s today and through the weekend.
Yeah, when you are taking a medication for lowering your blood sugar or insulin it is a challenge to cut carbs and hit the right dose. I remember when I used to rely on Glipizide because that was  what I was taught and I cut carbs I had to stop the Glipizide completely to prevent lows.  It took a few weeks to normalize but it did.But I am still making insulin, just not enough to cover high carb meals.  It seems to me that a T-1 is having to hit a moving target and has a bigger challenge.  I do thing Dr. Bernstein's advice that the rule of small numbers helps.  The less carbs you take in the less insulin you need but it takes work.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

auntiekris - When I was doing multiple daily injections before I got my insulin pump, I also used HumulinR.  I had some horrible lows middle of the afternoon - one was 39 which left me not feeling well at all. 

Wally - Your description of a T1 is spot on and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.  I'm sure Tamagno would agree that getting doses right sometimes IS like hitting a moving target.  A most annoying target too.   ;)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021