You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

105 this morning.

Today is the Indian Dusshera festival so it is a holiday. This day Lord Ram attained victory over Ravan. Apart from mythology, Dusshera is celebrated as victory of good over evil or light over darkness.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

191 this morning.

What I often wonder is the true extent to which diseases (or various other physical traits) are genuinely genetic predispositions; as in Wally's case, he appears to be the first diabetic and it's true in all families and every disease that someone along the way was the first. Similarly, in my family red hair did not occur until my sister and the children of two cousins.

Cooler here today with rain continuing.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

94 this morning.

It is heading toward winter temperatures here as it was 45 deg this morning.  Definitely time to help DH bring in our plants from outside and to put the garden to bed.  I've enjoyed having fresh green beans this Summer.  They really help keep food intake on low carb side.

They are mentioning "frost" toward the end of next week.  Too soon for me.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  No frost in sight here with an overnight low of 57° and heading to 93° today.  It is supposed to start cooling down a bit after today but still should stay above the low 70s.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this cloudy morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

60° was the high yesterday. It is 54° now, forecast is high of 55°  could happen. Overnight forecast 26° and maybe snow. Snow is back in forecast for Wed and overnight low of 13°. I really need to go out and get a new heater for my pump house but I have 9 gorgeous pheasants eating bird seed in my side yard by the garage. I don't want to scare them away. The darn Pileated woodpecker is back. Last time he was here he did some damage to my porch railing.

I'm honestly not thrilled about opening the pump house again as there is a snake living in there and he popped out when I tried to plug in the old heater.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 08, 2019, 04:28:38 PMI'm honestly not thrilled about opening the pump house again as there is a snake living in there and he popped out when I tried to plug in the old heater.

Oh, be careful please. Do you know what type of snake that is. We had 2 resident rat snakes in our garden for quite some time, but they haven't been seen for around a year now. Rat snakes are large, about 6 to 10 feet, but not poisonous. They were male and female as we've seen them mate on our lawns.

I checked yesterday after a long time. Was 132 random. But my strips are less than a month away from expiry. I would guess that the actual reading should be around 110.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

250 this morning.

Spent much of yesterday driving to and from the neurologist. Most everything remains status quo. This is a new guy; as much as anything, he wants to talk about philosophy of music. Interesting as he's Russian and well-versed in post-Stalin era Russian musicians.

BigSkyGal, I wouldn't like a pileated woodpecker (or any variety) going at my house. They're after bugs, of course, which means some exterminating.

Still cooler here today - chimney sweep's coming on the 22nd so I don't want to be firing up the wood stoves until then.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

112 this morning.

bigskygal - I would not be thrilled either to see a snake of any size in the pump house.  However do people get rid of them once they have taken up residence?

Tamagno - In a way you are fortunate to have the services of a chimney sweep.  In our area they are basically not to be found.  There was one gentleman who had a good business for many years and then he retired.  It is very hard to find someone, although there are many people who have a working fireplace as we do.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  High winds today across most of the state.  Because of high winds, high temp. and dryness the power companies have started to turn off power in areas.  Because they were held responsible for fires started by power lines in high windy conditions they decided to cut power in areas affected by the winds.  Thousands of people will be affected and it may last for at least one day or more.  People were warned ahead of time but it is still going to be a major hardship.  Thankfully we are not subject to this here.
Up on the mountain we had gopher snakes, harmless, and rattle snakes, dangerous, and they looked quite similar.  There was a difference if you knew what to look for and I could tell but many people did not know the difference.  I liked gopher snakes because their diet was rodents.  Rattle snakes ate rodents also but I didn't like them on the property. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this cold morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

55° was the high yesterday. Had an inch of snow overnight, looks like that will be it this time around. It is 35° now, high forecast is 36° with overnight forecast of 14°.

I got the heater set up yesterday, just in time! The snake is a harmless ne, but I don't like it anyway! He did not make an appearance yesterday which was fine by me. Maybe he has gone into hibernation?  Don't know much about snakes, don't care to. Apparently there isn't any way to get rid of them until they decide to go away. I asked my pest guy once, nothing he could do.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

128 Fasting BG today.

Weather wise, it's getting a little bit hotter day by day as the monsoon has gradually withdrawn. We had thundershowers for the last two evenings though.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

193 this morning.

Yesterday was far too busy and by dinner time I was just exhausted. Today it should be possible to take it easy and recoup some.

Wally, I can't imagine those planned, rolling blackouts finding much favor among Californians, but I guess it's an improvement if it cuts down on fires.

Grammabear

93 this morning.

Power companies do some unusual things to avoid problems.  In our area this past Summer, they had a program you could sign up for.  They would send you a text msg on your cell that they anticipated peak energy usage and if you cut back on your energy usage during that time, they gave you credit on your electricity bill.  We signed up for it and each time they sent out these text msgs, we managed to save $20 or more.  Maybe not a ton of money but after a while, during all Summer, it adds up.

We did a lot of errands yesterday and we were tired last night.  Today is a new day and hopefully not quite as busy.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  Yeah it can't be very nice to have the power shut off for extended time and that means businesses can't operate, gas cant't be pumped and a lot of things we take for granted.  It could last for up to 7 days for some.  We are under red flag warning for severe fire danger through the weekend.  You can't blame the power companies though.  They were held responsible for two of the devastating wild fires last year due to power lines sparking in the high winds to the tune of millions of $. 
I had an appointment with my cardiologist yesterday and he heard something in my carotid artery he wants checked so i am scheduled to have an ultrasound today.  Bummer is that I have to fast and drink nothing until the test.  NO COFFEE ! UGH.
Well it will be over a couple of hours from now.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

113 this cold morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

The high yesterday was 35°. It is 35° now with a supposed high of 41°. Overnight prediction 15°. It is supposed to start warming up over the weekend. I hope so, it is too early for these temps.

Those rolling blackouts really sound bad. I would be out of water too if it happened here as my well needs electricity to run the pump. There was a long thread on my Twitter yesterday with lots of angry comments. People seem to be really upset over it. Can't say I don't blame them.