You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

103 this morning.

Very cold here today, but not so frigid as the upper Midwest.

So yesterday I lost my main glucometer somehow and had to go out and buy a new one. Later, when I got in bed, there it was. I suppose there's a lesson in there somewhere, but I don't know what...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  It may rain here today.  Right now it is raining to the West but whether it makes it this far is an unknown.  If we do get anything it will be later this afternoon.  I really feel for the people having to deal with the extreme cold.  I would not like that at all.
Tamagno, LOL, not laughing at you but I have to chuckle because that sounds so much like me ! 
Missed Grammabear yesterday, hope all is OK with her.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

A storm is predicted for this weekend with a fair amount of snow. Next week looks like some very cold nights...single digits. But that can change...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

132 this morning.

Still cold today, but it'll be warmer by Sunday I believe.

I don't know, Wally; seems I spend much of my days just tidying up and making sure everything is where it ought to be, but it appears a losing battle...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We did get a bit of rain yesterday but only a light sprinkle, less than 1/10 inch.  There is a bigger storm due late tonight through Saturday and we are supposed to get a lot more rain.  They are expecting up to 2 feet of snow in the mountains.
Tamagno, tidying up seems to be a never ending project.  I have been trying to find "a place for everything since moving here 1 1/2 years ago.   
Starting to worry about Grammabear.  I hope it is only a computer problem.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

122 this morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

Hoping all is well with Grammabear.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

198 this morning.

I'm wondering about Grammabear as well. Hopefully, nothing beyond computer woes.

We're still cold up here with overnight temps in single digits, but I think we're headed toward more warmth. No new snow at least.

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  It started raining around 11:00 PM last night.  A light rain and right now it has stopped at a 1/4 inch total.  The heavier rain is due here later this morning through the day.  Snow pack in the Sierras in now at 98 % of normal with 12 inches expected today and 16 inches expected tomorrow. 
Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow this morning so that is supposed to mean an early spring.  I'm sure there are a lot of people who hope he is right.  The down side is that his accuracy is 32% over the last 100 years so not exactly great.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

116 this morning.

Sorry to have been absent from the forum...however Mother Nature was not kind to us.  On Wednesday, Jan 30th at 5:20 a.m. the power to our house was lost.  On top of that, we had the coldest day ever for this area since records were kept and our temperature wind chill was -60 deg F.  Our house depends on electricity for heat, so we had nothing.  Thank goodness my hubby had enough 'dry' wood in the basement and we have a working wood burning fireplace.  He put a fire in the fireplace so we had a source of heat.  We were without power for most of the day.

Our phone service is tied into our internet, tv and cable.  When one of those goes out, it affects the other two.  We also had no phone except for my cell phone.  I called the ISP and they sent someone out this morning with a new router.  The man that came was super nice and fixed our problem, connected us to the internet once again.  We had a rough week.  I am grateful more than ever for electricity and a warm house.  Looking forward to next week and warmer temperatures.

Hope you all are doing ok too.  Whew.............:)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Grammabear, sorry that you had to deal with this but happy that all is OK now.  Missed you and hoped it was an internet problem. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

132 this drizzly morning, 98 at bedtime last night. Had part of a baked potato for dinner last night...guess I paid for it today.

Sorry you had to go through that, but glad you are all fixed up now.

Tamagno

223 this morning.

I'm so glad your okay, Kathy, and that everything's back up and running! Not at all a good place to find yourself - I'm sure glad you at least have the fireplace. Once this winter is done, you might want to consider a wood burning insert for that fireplace, if only for such emergencies. They're a lot more efficient for heat production than a normal fireplace, and ours has saved us in similar situations many times over. If you do it, get the biggest wood burning one that'll fit, you're not likely to regret it.

Wally, I can think of lots I could say about relying on ground hogs versus science for weather prediction, but none are especially either kind or accurate, so I'll refrain, however doubtless you can imagine the directions such commentary might take.

Grammabear

87 this morning.

Weather here is about 40 deg warmer than just four days ago.  The fog that has moved in makes visibility very bad.  But I will gladly take 35 deg above zero over minus 50 deg below zero wind chill.

The ISP man came to install a new router yesterday and he was absolutely superb in doing his job.  Our new router works 10 times better than the old one.  So happy to have a computer that works again.

Thank you John for the suggestion.  Hubby had to clean the fireplace yesterday as he doesn't like to leave wood ash sitting for a long while.  We do have glass doors on the fireplace but it is not the same as the insert.  We have plenty of wood stacked on the property so we might enjoy having a fire more often.

Barbara we had potatoes for dinner last night.  I looked longingly at hubby's plate so he shared a few pieces of boiled potato with me.  Potatoes are so yummy, but I don't have them too often.  Sweet potatoes seem to be a bit kinder to me than the white potatoes.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

106 this morning.  Well, we ended up with 3/4 inch of rain yesterday.  That may not sound like a lot but for here it is quite good.  Not heavy rain bit light and steady all day.  That is good because this area is not famous for it's flood control.  If it rains heavy the streets will flood and driving gets touchy.  Now they are saying there is a 70% chance of rain tomorrow and snow level down to 2000 feet Tuesday night.  We are at 2400 feet so we could see a dusting.
I still retrograde potatoes and keep a baked one in the fridge.  I can get by with 1/2 of a potato pretty well. 
Yeah Tamagno, with all of the satellites, radar and computers the NOAA has, the groundhog may not be doing such a bad job after all.   :D
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

117 this ❄️ snowing morning, 118 at bedtime last night.

20°F outside with wind chill, feels like 8°. It has been snowing and blowing all day. Heading for several single digit days and nights. I ventured out to put out bird seed in the few sheltered places left. The poor quails are all huddled together under a bush where I tossed a lot of seed.