You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

121 Fasting BG.

Wally, hope everything goes fine. Sending good wishes your way.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Quote from: skb on October 10, 2019, 10:31:59 PM121 Fasting BG.

Wally, hope everything goes fine. Sending good wishes your way.

Me too Wally, sending good thoughts your way.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

187 this morning.

Wally, I hope your tests go well!

I wonder how many people in California will be connecting generators during the rolling blackouts? I'd sure be looking for some means of powering my house during all that. There's just never a "free ride" when it comes to energy sources - I heard yesterday that new Tesla batteries cost $30,000!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

149 this morning.

We have "freeze" warnings out for tonight ~ so that white stuff can't be far behind.  Hubby has a bunch of plants that have to come inside today and I have to be the one who finds 'room' for them.  :)

If a Tesla battery costs 30 grand, I for sure could not afford one of them.  We did see one this past summer go by our place.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  California is on fire for sure.  Nine different fires started yesterday and the high winds are driving them with a fury they just can't get ahead of them.  Power companies cutting off power to over a million people didn't keep fires from starting, there is always some other cause.  Glad I don't live on the mountain anymore but so far that area is OK.
I have the Echo cardiogram this morning and then I will see the cardiologist next Wednesday.  Thanks for the well wishes, right now I am not too worried about it but I'll know more Wednesday.
Generator sales have been booming lately and more people are installing solar for their homes.  On the mountain there was no power available from the grid so we depended on solar with a back-up generator and it was about a $40,000 investment.  I think the Tesla battery that is $30K is for powering a home and while it sounds high the lead-acid batteries we had needed to be replaced about every 5 years and cost about $14K so hte Tesla battery may not be that bad.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

Hello All,

88 this morning.

I've been without power for a couple of days.  They shut off power to Sonoma around midnight on Tuesday, and it was like armageddon at the stores and at the gas pumps that day before.  Thankfully I'm not on a well, so still had water, but have a freezer full of food to chuck out. 

Just 25 minute drive to Petaluma and 35 minute drive to Marin, and the power stayed on the entire time.  One of the upsides of working in the cloud, my work was relatively uninterrupted.

People are SO upset and I get it (mismanagement with PG&E, etc.), but at the same time, I wonder if this inconvenience and loss of money staved off an even worse catastrophe?  I guess we will never know. 

bigskygal

103 this mostly clear cold morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

High yesterday was 40°. It is 40° now supposed high of 50° but I doubt it will get there. Overnight forecast 25°.

Those fires in CA sound terrible. I had a couple mentions with photos on my Twitter feed. Hope they can get control of them quickly.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

161 this morning.

I see quite a few Tesla's here lately and am always curious who's bought them - expensive cars not noted for fit, finish or reliability. So far, no charging stations around.

Highs here in the mid-60s today. So far the weather's pretty normal for fall in the northeast.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Sweety

105 today morning.

Power companies shutting off power to avoid fires is something that we may not be able to understand here. It must be a real threat for that to happen.

In mumbai it is very hot and sultry. Too much sweating.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

103 this morning.

Being without power is definitely inconvenient, but I guess it might beat having your home go up in flames and having to rebuild again.  I feel sorry for all involved as it cannot be easy to have to dispose of food from the freezer.

Our temperature this morning was 34 deg and it is definitely cold in the house.  Time to turn on the heat and make the power company happy.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  A cool 36° this morning but it is supposed to be heading to 79° today so warming up a bit. 
Yeah, these fires are a normal occurrence in California and when we get the high winds it is almost impossible to stop until the winds calm down which is happening today.  Still 23,000 homes evacuated in the Saddleridge fire in the North East area of Los Angeles county.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

107 this morning

Yes, I'll take the inconvenience of some lost food any day if it means my home is safe.  I do feel for the small businesses around my place that did not have generators and lost not only earnings but their inventory. 

I'm bummed to see Southern CA dealing with this now.

Back into the low to mid 70's this upcoming week. 

bigskygal

Snap auntiekris! 107 here too this morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

Yesterday's high was 45°. This morning when I got up (9:30ish) it was 25° outside. Now at almost 5PM it is 50° the predicted high was 57° but 50 was as high as it got. Overnight low forecast 29°. Ever so gradually warming up.

skb

105 fasting today morning.

I started to check a couple of days ago. I thought my BG would be really out of whack, but I'm quite surprised that the numbers are behaving in a such a short time. That means that my liver didn't have much to dump. Besides, my strips are almost at expiry and I am certain that today's number is in the mid 90s.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

123 or 186 (CGM vs. finger stick)...

California's fires are definitely in the news I see. Auntiekriss, I've a cousin up in Marin county where they never seem affected by these states of affairs. The more cynical and conspiratorial side of me lays this at the hands of his wife who's a very hot-shot attorney in San Francisco.

Our area remains fairly moderate the next couple of days. We'll get our own share of nasty winter weather before too terribly long.