You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

125 fasting today.

Oh Wally, That looks like a bad fall. I'm very glad that there is no damage. When your leg went off to sleep, why did you continue to remain in that position ? Hope you are feeling better now.

Kathy, Hope you are feeling better too.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

110 today morning.

@Wally, @Grammabear,
Hope you improve and get well soon.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

145 this morning.

Not a good thing to do, Wally; hope you're okay! (I guess everyone will assume you've gotten vain and had a nose job...)

My place is downright cold this morning. I'll be wanting to start up my woodstoves shortly, I'm afraid.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

149 this morning.

Temperature today is 45 deg F which is cold in my opinion.  Definitely going to crank up the heat inside today.

Wally - I'm surprised your eyeglasses didn't get broken.  They must be quite durable.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  Today is supposed to get to 87° and then cool down a bit over the weekend but it looks like we will be around 80° through the rest of the month.
SKB, I have had this happen before but always had something to grab for support.  This time I thought it would be OK and just go away when I stood up.  Instead my leg just gave out.  I hit pretty hard but apparently no real damage.  My nose has some abrasions and a cut on the bridge from my glasses but not bad.  I have the frames for my glasses that you can twist and bend and they will return to normal and that seemed to work here.  I was surprised that the lenses were not scratched.  I did use Tylenol yesterday but seem to be doing OK today.
Off in a bit to see my Cardiologist and get the results from the tests I had last week.  I'm kind of anxious to hear what the results are.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this mostly clear morning, 93 at bedtime last night. I guess I'll start putting the bedtime reading in the other thread. I don't do too many random tests as I know pretty well what my food will do to me.

53° was n the high yesterday. High predicted for today is 71°, but it is only 53° now so I doubt it will go that high. Overnight predicted 40°.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

126 this morning.

This after a couple of cookies last evening. These cookies are from a bakery from Poona and hard to resist.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

110 this morning.

A busy day today with the oncologist this morning and then a visit to the senior center to get Medicare information. Hopefully, both will have good news!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Jerri

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 16, 2019, 10:24:01 AMInstead my leg just gave out.  I hit pretty hard but apparently no real damage.  My nose has some abrasions and a cut on the bridge from my glasses but not bad.

Looks like you got saved from a nasty one. Cheers.

Just checking in, 132 today.

Grammabear

139 this morning.

Its just 37 deg F today but no wind to speak of, so grateful for that.

All of my diabetic life I have avoided red grapes which I dearly love.  Recently hubby bought a bunch of them and I tried them once again in very measured amounts of just 9-10 grapes.  They are so good, I had forgotten how delicious.  Just an occasional treat but still a treat.

skb - Those delicious cookies you enjoyed, how big are they?  I ask because I learned recently that different parts of the world have different standards for cookies.  I used to indulge in homemade oatmeal cookies that were small but mighty in terms of damage to my blood sugar.  I suppose I should have made them smaller in diameter :).
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  It did make it to the 87° predicted high yesterday and it will probably be around the same today but windy with gusts as high as 50 MPH. Southern California is under another Red Flag warning because of high winds and dry and hot conditions.  There may be power interruptions in some areas again also.  Times like this I am glad to be on this side of the mountains.
I saw my Cardiologist yesterday and I was kind of anxious as he had indicated that he heard something he didn't like when listening to my Carotid Artery and had me do the ultrasound tests right away.  Well, all turned out good !  Carotid in my neck and abdomen is clear and the heart valve is working very nicely.  I really did feel better after getting this news. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this cloudy morning.

65° was the high yesterday. Today is much cooler it is only 51° now with predicted high of 53°. Overnight forecast 39°.

Glad it was good news at the dr Wally!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Great news Wally. Happy to hear that.

Kathy, those cookies are about 2.5 inches round and a little less than 1/2 inch thick. But they are very fluffy and not very dense.

134 Fasting today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

131 this morning.

That's great news, Wally! I share your relief as I got a similar report from my oncologist yesterday.

Grammabear, fruits are the one thing there's no replacement for and grapes are my favorite. After seeing your post, I may try a few myself.

Cookies, on the other hand...

skb

For us diabetics both are no-no, but I slipped for this;

You cannot view this attachment.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club