You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

121 this morning.

Tamagno -- The red grapes that are offered for sale at my Aldis store are plump and delicious, so I try to restrain myself to only 12 depending on the size of the grape.  I do take insulin for them.  They also make a good remedy for a blood sugar "low".

skb -- I would find it hard to resist those cookies you posted too.  In the U.S. it is indeed hard to find a 'bakery' because everything is sold by the box stores and you know it isn't homemade when WalMart sells it.  However if I get better eyesight after seeing the cataract doctor, I might resume baking on occasion.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  We had a high of 78° yesterday so cooler but it was quite windy with winds in the afternoon at 30-35 MPH and gusts of 40-45 MPH.  Temp. should be around the same today but no wind here.  In Southern California on the coastal side of the mountains it is going to be quite windy and fire conditions extremely dangerous through the weekend.
Yeah Tamagno, it is always nice to get good news from the doctor. Glad yours is good also.   ~chr~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this drizzly morning.

53° was the high yesterday. It is 43° now with high forecast to be 49°, overnight prediction 33°.

I can get away with a few grapes at a time, 3 or 4. I sometimes buy them loose from the salad bar at the store.

My single quail that was running with the pheasants showed up yesterday with about 15 of his own buddies. Wow! Time to get more bird seed!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

134 fasting.

Yup these cookies are irresistible. The bakery is very popular and has for years refused to open any branches. Poona is Mumbai's neighbor city, a 160 kms away. A business contact met me early this week with a gift box containing these. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

106 today morning.

My sister lives very close to Kayani's. I've had those cookies. They are yummy.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

151 this morning.

Grammabear, I've baked cookies a couple of times for my wife. Funny, the ingredients are minimal, but always messy. You'd think more of the large groceries could easily make good ones, but only a few seem able to. Still, if my wife wants sweets, I'm more inclined to buy ready made rather than spend the time on my own.

For quite a while there was a French chocolatiere in a neighboring town who made exceptional artisan sweets and baked goods - really good, but terribly expensive.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

124 this morning.

Speaking of chocolate, yesterday at our weekly grocery shopping expedition, I found 'Mackinac Fudge'.  Mackinac Fudge comes from Mackinac Island, Michigan and although it is a tourist attraction - they are famous for the handmade fudge.  It was a little piece of chocolate but oh so delicious.  Did I need it - No!  But like skb I did enjoy it.

skb - Your cookies sound delicious and your business associate was very thoughtful in my  opinion.

Tamagno - When my kids were small, I used to make cookies weekly along with homemade bread.  They enjoyed it, I enjoyed making it - but now they are grown and gone and I rarely make cookies anymore.  I have found recently recipes using almond or coconut flour which are reputed to be more carb friendly.  I might just try a small recipe.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  We had a high of 78° yesterday and only a light breeze so quite nice. 
I used to bake a little bit thinking that it was OK as long as I made my own and used Splenda, not really knowing what the carb load was but when I learned what it was doing to my bg I stopped.  I do like the cookies, chocolate etc. but it is just more than I can handle.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this gray drizzly morning.

High was 43° yesterday. It got up to 47° earlier but now temp is going back down, that was the predicted high. Overnight 33°, may have snow later in the night, but I'd guess only up in the mountains.

Every once in a blue moon, I'll have a piece of chocolate, but man, it is not my friend!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 19, 2019, 06:11:53 PMEvery once in a blue moon, I'll have a piece of chocolate, but man, it is not my friend!

Reminds me of the adage; A friend in need is no friend of mine.

132 fasting today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

230 this morning.

The trouble with cookies made with Splenda is that they develop no browned bottoms or crunch. Hardly seems worth it.

Fudge sounds intriguing until you look at the ingredients - maybe as a glucose raising snack during hypos...

Interestingly, I had a few spoonfuls of chocolate gelato the other day to raise glucose and just plain didn't like it. First time I've ever had ice cream I didn't like.

I think I'll always remember fondly my many years of really disciplined working out with weights (six days a week, two hours each time). During that time I could and did eat absolutely anything I wanted and as much as I wanted. While the price for that was high, it sure was fun!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  They are bracing for another Red Flag day to the west along the coast as winds are going to be strong again and fire danger high.  Here it is in the high 70s and calm winds.
I found a cookie on Amazon that I can indulge in once in a while.  They are small but six of them have a carb level of 11g so if you can limit yourself to six it is a doable treat for me.  They are from High Key and the cookies are Chocolate Chip or Snickerdoodle. I'll post an image of the nutrient data :
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

91 this cloudy morning.

47° was the high yesterday. Today looks ti be about the same.

Those cookies look interesting Wally. I think I will go look them up.

skb

132 again fasting. The cookies are still acting up.

The cookies look good Wally. I stay away from packaged stuff as far as possible. Our low carb cookies are home-made by the Mrs.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

230 this morning.

An interesting day's food, Shottlebop. Is Louisiana Hot a hot sauce, or something else?

During the dark days of my wife's insistence on a gluten-free, dairy-free diet, SKB, she'd make all manner of baked goods including cookies. Unlike what I'm sure your wife bakes, without gluten or dairy you're left with mouthfuls of sawdust. I put a stop to that once I took over the cooking.