You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

119 this morning.

Not such a good night last evening.  My iphone had a major melt down during the 3+ hour chat I spent with 'Apple' tech support.  I am not tech savvy and in the chat process, the phone ended up being erased to factory settings and now I cannot use it at all.  The screen says it needs to be updated but Apple said to activate it as a 'new' phone which means it can't be updated yet.  Something went terribly wrong so today at 11:00 a.m. Apple will call here and make arrangements for me to take it to a local repair shop where they will likely charge me more than I paid for the phone to begin with.  Plus this repair shop has a reputation for keeping people's phone for a month or more.  Aargh.........
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  Still nice here and it is great to be able to open the house up and get some air movement through.  Neither too hot or too cold and that is rare.
Yeah SKB, I think homemade is always better than packaged stuff but these work for me an it is nice to once in a while get a treat that does not cause a major bg problem.
Grammabear, sorry you are having such a problem with the phone.  I never had anything like that happen.  I hope you can get it fixed soon.  It shouldn't be too hard to restore the phone to where it was before the glitch.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this partly cloudy morning.

48° was the high yesterday. Today looks to be about the same.

Grammabear, sorry that happened to your phone, I've never heard of that before. I hope you can get it resolved quickly.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Kathy,

If your iPhone has reverted to factory settings, Apple has backups of your phone on the iCloud and you can restore it to your old settings with all contacts, pictures, messages etc.

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204184
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on October 21, 2019, 04:05:22 AMAn interesting day's food, Shottlebop. Is Louisiana Hot a hot sauce, or something else?

ShottleBop's post was moved to his Food/BS Stats thread. I think it was posted in this thread by mistake.

https://www.diabetic.pub/index.php/topic,35.msg21971.html#msg21971

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

113 fasting today morning.

We ate out last night with our son and his fiance. Having not eaten out in a long time, I find my digestive system in all sorts of protesting moods.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

180 this morning.

It's a big annoyance, Grammabear, but unless there's a hardware issue getting your phone back to where it was shouldn't be too much headache.

Today will be busy with a run to Costco, CVS and the grocery plus the chimney sweep this afternoon. Best to just get it all over and done.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

124 this morning.

My phone was purchased originally from my carrier which is Boost Mobile.  It was listed as a refurbished Apple Certified, and up until the last several days I haven't had one moment of trouble with it.  However for the past two nights, I've noticed two things:  I get the 'No Service' on screen message around the time when the phone battery is down to 20% or less.  Yesterday I also carried just the phone and not the case I normally carry it in and the phone worked fine.  Last night when I put the phone back into the case, there comes the No Service msg again.  So took off the case, plugged the phone in for recharging and the msg disappeared, phone works fine this morning.  It is a mystery.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  It looks like a good part of the country is going to see a big drop in the temp. for the end of October but not here.  West coast is going to be on the warm side and here we will be in the mid 80s.  The bad thing is that along the coast the fire danger will remain high.  Two fires yesterday, one in the Pacific Palisades that didn't get to any of the multi million dollar homes and one in San Bernardino that did destroy three homes.
One of the backup options for the iPhone is the cloud but then you re limited to the 5 GB of free space or paying for larger space.  I have mine backed up to my desktop computer with iTunes and have it encrypted so any passwords or financial information is protected.  It's a bit more work but it is nice to know that if anything goes wrong i have a full backup available.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

91 this windy morning.

50° was the high yesterday. It is a bit warmer today but very windy.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

132 today.

Kathy,

Glad that your phone is sorted. It appears that your phone case is somehow blocking your signal. Maybe it's time to replace the case.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

220 this morning.

Grammabear, I wonder if that particular phone allows you to automatically switch to wifi calling? It'd be somewhere in settings and might also be a solution.

After yesterday's marathon of shopping, the chimney sweep came so I'm all set to use my wood stoves. Should be much quieter around this joint today, thankfully!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Jerri

Hi folks,

Just checking in. I recorded a 130 today.

Grammabear

113 this morning.

skb - I spoke TOO soon.  My iphone7 crashed last night and now there is no service.  Then I learned quite by accident that certain models of this phone are afflicted with a bug from the latest software update that Apple provided recently.  Now Apple is 'kindly' having to repair all those phones for free.  So the customers like me are SOL until the phone comes back from repair IF it does.  I have no service now and obviously no phone.

Going tomorrow to an eye doctor to find out what is going on with my fading vision.  I suspect cataracts but I don't know yet.  As a result of this upcoming appointment my eczema is flaring up something fierce.  I just want to scratch it raw.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

101 this partly cloudy more Ning.

55° was the high yesterday. Lots of leaves down from all the wind yesterday. When the last come down, I'll get my yard guy out to clean it up.

Oh dear Grammabear, I have an iPhone7! Model MN9L2LL/A, what model is yours?

I wonder where Wally is, he is usually always here before me. Hope all is well.