You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Yeah, I am late today.  I woke up at 4:00 AM and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and started doing things and just realized that I forgot to post today.  All is good.
Grammabear, bummer about your phone.  I also have an iPhone 7 but lucky for me it works fine after the latest update.  Hope you get it back soon.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Oh good point Wally, my iPhone7 is fine too after the last update. Sorry yours didn't fare as well Grammabear.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on October 23, 2019, 03:05:57 PM101 this partly cloudy more Ning.

55° was the high yesterday. Lots of leaves down from all the wind yesterday. When the last come down, I'll get my yard guy out to clean it up.

Oh dear Grammabear, I have an iPhone7! Model MN9L2LL/A, what model is yours?

I wonder where Wally is, he is usually always here before me. Hope all is well.

Barbara - My iphone 7 is a model A1660 which is one of those listed on Apple website as those phone being affected by the latest software bug.  Here is the link that Apple 'chat' sent to me to verify my phone was affected.  https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

118 fasting today.

I'm still on the iPhone 6 and will think of a replacement only next year. We got free battery replacements some time ago
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on October 23, 2019, 09:50:04 PMBarbara - My iphone 7 is a model A1660 which is one of those listed on Apple website as those phone being affected by the latest software bug.  Here is the link that Apple 'chat' sent to me to verify my phone was affected.  https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service

Thanks Grammabear for the link. I seem to be fine since the last upgrade so I guess all is OK.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

260 this morning.

Looks like I've delayed changing my insertion set and CGM sensor as long as I can. Best get that done today.

It's only in the mid-30s this morning, but warming later and looking like it'll stay that way until sometime next week. Good deal!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Barbara - I always thought one had to do the updates provided ASAP and I always have.  But after this last fiasco NOT anymore.  I removed the part on my phone that 'automatically' updates and put it to 'manually'.  That way I can give it a few days or a week before I try updating.  I don't do a lot with my phone except keep in touch with family and friends.  I never make purchases online with it, but still I will miss it while it is gone.

I'm off today to see the eye doctor to see if I can get cataracts fixed or if I have something else wrong with my eyes.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  Fires are again in the news with wind gusts recorded at 70 MPH in some areas.  Two major fires are burning right now and evacuations are affecting many.  Just another fire season in California.
The iPhone model number can be confusing because the model number that is listed under settings, about, is not the same as the model number that is on the back of the phone.  Apple is referring to the model number on the back of the phone.  My iPhone 7 is also an  A1660 but I was not affected by the update.  Apparently this was a hardware failure on some phones that needs repair.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

100 this cold cloudy morning. 26° when I got up at 9:30AM.

50° was the high yesterday. They are saying 54° for a high today but not sure it will get there.

Ah, I checked the model # on the phone and it is an A1778 so for this round of upgrades I guess I am OK. Phew! That is my only phone no land line in the house, I'd be up $hit creek without it.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on October 24, 2019, 08:52:36 AMBarbara - I always thought one had to do the updates provided ASAP and I always have.

Actually, the older phones have slower chip sets and lesser memory, so the newer s/w versions tend to choke the phones. I have an old Apple iPhone 5, for which the technician specifically advised us, not to upgrade the s/w any further. And that was a year ago.

120 fasting this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

182 this morning.

At this point, I install updates as they arrive and so far haven't had problems. iOS 13x is considerably more extensive than usual, though, so I can see it causing trouble with older hardware (I can't install it on older iPod I've got).

Not entirely sure how useful it is, but I've a morning routine of clearing memory caches and cleaning junk files from CPUs. Seems to help keep things running smoothly.

Good luck with the ophthalmologist, Grammabear; hope it goes well!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

153 this morning (after a night time low of 52)

skb - I had a iphone 5s model before my current phone and I loved it.  It had only 16gb of memory and was my first cell phone.  I still have it and I bet it would work if I charged it up as I never did any updates of a recent nature to it.  Trying to update the older model phones does seem pointless now that you all mention it.  It seems a bit like trying to stuff 10 pounds of sugar into a 5 pound sack.   ::)

Tamagno - Your morning routine of cleaning the cache from CPUs and such seems really smart.  I might try doing that myself and try to keep my things running better.

Barbara - I'm glad your phone is free of problems.  We had considered dropping our landline phone also.  But it is a part of the satellite tv 'package' so not sure if it possible to ditch it or not.  At any rate, we all seem to rely heavily on our cell phones more than the landline phones in this part of the country.

My trip to the opthamologist was interesting.  The doctor explained far more than any other doctor has ever explained.  The good part was that he did not see any diabetic retinopathy or macular degeneration.  He commented that it is evident that I try to keep good control of my blood glucose numbers.  He did find that I have rather dense cataracts that could have been done several years ago, had I gone to a smart doctor.  He also found extensive scarring on the cornea and he is puzzled as to why that is there.  He feels that he can remove some of that scarring at the time of cataract surgery.  He was surprised I see as well as I do considering what I have to work with.  So, bottom line is I will have surgery on both eyes although not at the same time.  His schedule is full and the soonest appointment I could get was January 2020.  He has already said I will not have 20/20 vision afterwards because of the scarring, but he is hopeful that I will be able to read more comfortably and perhaps be able to do craft work like knitting or crocheting once again.  So, all in all, it was a good appointment.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  Sad to see the damage being done by the latest fires.  One area is made up of small "mini" ranches with 5-10 acres and most have horses so a major effort to get the horses loaded into trailers and moved.  Several of those homes burned to the ground and trying to fight the fires was hampered by winds that had gusts up to 70 MPH.  Still going on and winds will not abate for a few more hours and then it is expected that winds will pick up gain over the weekend.
Grammabear, glad your news was good.  It sounds like you have found a good doctor. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 25, 2019, 11:03:21 AM100 this morning.  Sad to see the damage being done by the latest fires.  One area is made up of small "mini" ranches with 5-10 acres and most have horses so a major effort to get the horses loaded into trailers and moved.  Several of those homes burned to the ground and trying to fight the fires was hampered by winds that had gusts up to 70 MPH.  Still going on and winds will not abate for a few more hours and then it is expected that winds will pick up gain over the weekend.
Grammabear, glad your news was good.  It sounds like you have found a good doctor. 

It is so very sad to see the homes burn to the ground.  Is it known how these most recent fires started?  Not that it makes any difference now, but if it was arson - they should put them in jail and throw away the key.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

103 this cloudy morning.

49° was the high yesterday. Today is warmer and windy again.

Grammabear, glad you got good news at the dr and will regain some of your vision. I have my eye check mid Dec. I think I am going to need new glasses this time...or else they are printing everything smaller these days! LOL

Wally, having lived through some big fires in Northern CA and here in MT too, it is always sad to see the damage after.