You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

115 fasting today.

Kathy, I bet the iPhone 5 can still be used. My personal favourite iPhone was the 4S. That is the phone size that I like. From the 5 onwards the size of iPhones has gone up.

My iPhone 5 is at iOS 10.3.3 and what I've been told is that it shouldn't be upgraded beyond that, even with 64MB memory.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

107 today morning.

There is the Diwali holiday here. I am home making some traditional sweets. Hope everyone is fine.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

1766 this morning.

Sweety, many of the cooking blogs I watch are featuring for the first time Diwali recipes, especially sweets. It'd be hard to resist!

Wally, the clean up following those fires is its own sort of nightmare. I sure hope California can come up with some working solutions.

I'm so glad about your new ophthalmologist, Grammabear! While not entirely without headaches, cataract surgery has become something that's done quickly, easily and well. You'll certainly notice improvements once it's all healed.

Mild weather here for the weekend which at this time of year is something to be savored.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

119 this morning.

Sweety - I can only imagine the delicious sweets that you enjoy during your holidays.  Have you always made these sweets since you were a child?

skb - I would still be using the iphone 5s if I had not run out of storage space.  I liked that model a lot, but really needed more storage.  This iphone 7 has lots more storage but I guess I didn't pick a very good model.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We are looking for a high of 87° here today and then starting tomorrow a big drop to 70° and on Monday 65° with overnight lows below the freezing mark so the first cold weather we have had since the start of Fall.
High winds expected to start up again tomorrow and Monday and the power companies are saying that as many as 4.5 million people may be without power due to safety shut downs. 
Grammabear, the cause of the fires are still under investigation but no arson expected right now.  One was started when a trash truck caught on fire and the driver dumped the load and winds took the embers and spread them and another was started from a car that struck a pole and caught fire.  The thing is that it is so dry with humidity in the single digits and the winds are so strong any fire spreads so fast there is no way to stop it.  These are not forest fires they are brush and grass fires and everything is so dry it just explodes.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this cold cloudy morning.

66° was the high yesterday. Today is much colder with snow in the forecast. And as I glance out the window, it is lightly snowing.

So far I have only minimal signs of glaucoma and that makes me happy. I don't know if I could do eye surgery. I can barely stand eye drops when I have my exams.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

200 this morning.

I ate the very last of this years tomato crop last night. Only canned or cherry tomatoes until next year. Sigh...

Still fairly mild here today. A treat!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

133 this morning.

Tamagno - You were lucky to have tomatoes last this long.  Ours have been gone for several weeks.  Hubby is already planning which variety he might plant next year.

Our garden is almost done for this year as well.  Hubby has to dig the last of the potatoes he planted.  Although I don't eat them often, it is still interesting to see the different sizes and shapes that come from the plants.

Wally - Thank you for the explanation about how easily fires can start where you live.  I have never had the privilege of visiting CA and I guess I always expected everything to be always green and lush.  I hope things quiet down soon and the fires are done for now.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  Kind of slept in this morning so a bit late.  Our high today is supposed to only get to 69° but at 5:00 AM it was 75° but the temp. has been dropping since and at 8:00 Am it is only 59° so the cold front is apparently here.  It is also supposed to be windy but so far it is not.
Grammabear, California is a big state and the Northern and Southern parts of the state are quite different. Southern California is mostly desert and not green and lush, especially in the Fall after the Summer has dried everything out.  Northern California is much greener but drought conditions have had a big effect on there also. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this cold morning.

High yesterday was 39°.When I got up today at 9:45, it was 22°. It is 34° right now with high predicted of 37° One sit says overnight 18° my phone app and another site say 24°, I'll take the 24°!

I saw some photos of the noCA fires un Sonoma County, scary blowing flames. I hope AuntieKris is OK.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 27, 2019, 03:19:25 PMI saw some photos of the noCA fires un Sonoma County, scary blowing flames. I hope AuntieKris is OK.

Hope so too. She hasn't posted in a long time.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

159 this morning.

The California blackouts could be causing difficulties with with communications of all sorts. Hopefully, Auntiekris is okay.

Speaking of which today I've got to spend time doing maintenance on my own home network - I've got 23 devices using it that need updating.

Grammabear

83 this morning.

It is a bit too cool today at 49 deg F.  The forecast tomorrow is for the white stuff.  Got to find our warm outside clothes and replace Summer clothes with warm stuff.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  Only 40° at 7:00 AM and expecting a high of 65° today.  It looks like we will be in the 60s for the rest of the week and then getting back to the 70s on the weekend.  Fires continue to lead the news with another one starting last night in the Bel Air area near the Getty Museum and an area of very expensive homes.  Right now it is over 500 acres with at least 5 homes destroyed.
I also hope Auntie Kris is OK.  She is near to the region in the Northern California Kincade fire.  Like you said Tamagno the power blackouts are going to cause a problem with communication.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

101 this cold, cloudy morning.

35° was the high yesterday. It is 32° now, high forecast 34° with snow, not sure it will get even that high. Overnight tonight forecast is 3° with snow and wind, tomorrow night -3°. I just hope I don't freeze up. I shouldn't, but you never know. Grammabear, I got out my Winter clothes the end of September this year!

Holy smoke Tamagno! 23 devices!! Wow!