You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

212 this morning.

Looks like it'll be staying on the warm side (albeit rainy) until the weekend. Often, Grammabear, we get your weather some time in the next week. Seems awfully early for snow!

You're right, BigSkyGal, my electronic toys are a little over the top and they all need maintenance, but when everything's working as it should, proves extremely helpful and useful. What a world we live in!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Sweety

116 fasting.
Eating badly due to Diwali. Wish everyone a very happy new year (indian year started monday)
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

156 this morning - after a low of 56 during the night.  :(

We got a 'dusting' of snow last night.  There is more forecast tomorrow and Thursday up to 2-4 inches.  Just not ready for having to bundle up in coat, hat, scarf and gloves every time I want to go outside.  But at least it isn't storming - yet.

Sweety - Seems like your holiday is an important one so I would enjoy the festivities and the sweets.  Our 'Christmas' holiday is a good excuse for enjoying sweets too.  I can remember as a child, my greatest anticipation was the plate of cookies my Grandmother had spent days making.  Ah...memories are good.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  We only got to a high of 63° yesterday and the overnight low was 35° so cool for here but not nearly as cold as many others are seeing.  Winter clothing here is usually just wearing long pants instead of shorts and maybe a heavier shirt.  Sometimes we need to put on a jacket.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this frigid morning.

High yesterday was 35°. When I got up at 9:30 this morning the temp was 5°, it is 11AM now and temp is 12°. High predicted is 25°. Just a light dusting of snow on the ground and the sky is clear blue, it is really pretty and sparkly outside...but cold!! Overnight forecast is 2°. Lots of cold days ahead.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

170 this morning.

Happy new year to all of you in or from the subcontinent. It's fun getting to know about how various cultures observe their holidays. Seems food (and especially sweets) are a constant everywhere. Sugar is the one thing no one needs to learn to like.

Still on the warm side here - a few more days...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  Still on the cool side and they are predicting a hard freeze overnight tonight.  It is supposed to start warming up over the weekend and we will be back in the 70s.
There are red flag warnings for Southern California today with winds already around 40 MPH and gusts as high as 60-70 MPH.  A fire has broken out in Simi Valley near the Reagan Library  at 6:00 AM and it is being driven by those strong winds.  This is a dangerous fire and today is going to be difficult.

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

81 this morning.

We saw the world news last evening and they were doing a short story about the California fires.  It just makes me sad to see the devastation and the sadness of the residents and the fire fighters on the scene.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

108 this really frigid morning.

21° was the high yesterday. When I went to bed at 1AM last night it was 0°, when I got up at 9AM it was 0° don't know where it went in the night. High predicted for today is 35° overnight forecast 17° much warmer!

I hope the people in Ca get some relief from the wind soon so the fires can be brought under control. How frightening but must be for everyone, victims and fire fighters.

Yes, Happy Diwali to all who celebrate it!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on October 30, 2019, 12:37:31 PMWe saw the world news last evening and they were doing a short story about the California fires.  It just makes me sad to see the devastation and the sadness of the residents and the fire fighters on the scene.

Me too. Saw it on the news.Hope this is far away from your location Wally.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

184 this morning.

Wally, you all must hate this time of year, as these fires have become a regular occurrence. Not much we can do to help but to continue prayers to which I add my own.

Gave a bit of thought to my Halloween costume and decided on scrawny old guy thereby saving expense and bother...

Grammabear

89 this morning.

We have our first measurable snowfall on the ground this morning.  Probably 3 inches at present and it is still falling.  The wind is cold from the north and blowing much like a blizzard.  It is a good day to stay home where it is warm.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  Well, they said we would have a hard freeze overnight and at 6:00 AM we were at 25° and heading to a high of 65°.  Starting to warm up tomorrow and we are expecting to be at 80° by Sunday so the cold front is passing by.
I am living in town in the middle of the desert where there is not much to burn.  The fires are not a problem here but in some other areas the danger continues.  They had winds with gusts up to 80 MPH overnight which is hurricane strength and humidity in the single digits so a fire just becomes a monster.  The homes that are threatened are in areas where there is a lot of vegetation around them and it is nice and pretty when it is calm but it can become a real threat.  We were always at risk when living on the mountain but luckily never had to deal with a fire.
Off in a bit for a surgery on a skin cancer on my leg.  The doctor I am seeing now I have a lot more confidence in as he is not doing surgery at any small thing like the other one did.  I am really sure that many of the surgeries i had in the past were not really necessary. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

115 this cloudy morning.

29° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is for 39°, but it is only 21° right now so I kind of doubt it will get that high. Overnight forecast 14° so the cold continues.

The pest people came out this morning to do my Fall spraying but their hose was frozen up so they had to leave. May come back later if it warms up some or they get it thawed out.

Grammabear

132 this morning.

Cold here at 22 deg F (-5.56 C).

Wally - Best wishes on your surgery procedure this morning.  Hope all goes well for you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021