You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

125 this morning.

It is a warm (32 deg F) sunny day here and doesn't the sunshine make a difference in how one feels?

Tamagno - Glad your wifi problems are looking up.  I detest software/firmware updates that create more problems than they were designed to fix.  My phone is still in for repair - going on two weeks now and no word as to when it is coming back to me.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Weather remains consistent here with daytime highs around 80°. 
Tamagno, glad you got your WiFi working OK, it can be frustrating when things just stop working.  I have been lucky and my WiFi router has been working just fine and it covers the whole house. 
Yeah, the installation cost is a big factor in a standby generator and it has to be installed by a professional and permitted for the insurance companies to cover any loss.  That is something some people have found out the hard way.  I wouldn't pay for it here because we are not in danger of having our power shut off but in some areas there is a very real threat of power being shut off for several days.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

84 this blue sky morning.

49° was the high yesterday. Forecast for today 58° overnight 25°. It is 52° now at a bit after 4PM so I kind of doubt it will get to 58°.

Glad you got your wifi fixed Tamagno.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

163 this morning.

I'm with you, Grammabear; no matter how you twist it, cold is just cold. While I've encountered any number of people who say they love it and really savor winter time, I'm definitely not one of that number.

Looks like back to trying to figure out Medicare Supplements today as the commercial insurance I've had is ending. Sorting out options doesn't seem to lend itself to any of the charting schemes I've employed previously, so I'll have to try a different approach in an effort to make good decisions. Working in the insurance industry must be a gigantic headache...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

88 this morning.

Tamagno - You are absolutely right in that picking a Medicare plan is a huge headache.  Maybe you could contact a Senior center if your town has one.  Sometimes they offer options for people who are looking for assistance.  One thing we found when we were choosing a plan is 1)  You either pay upfront in premiums or 2) you pay the deductible.  Either way you pay - sometimes a lot more than you are expecting.  Good Luck.  We have Medicare original and a supplement from Mutual of Omaha.  It is expensive, but usually we have no copays.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  I'm quite happy that it is not cold here yet.  It will be when we get more into winter but for here that is a ways off.
I am fortunate in that my retirement benefit includes a Medicare supplement coverage.  My stay in the hospital with hypercalcemia for 10 days and my surgery for the broken hip came out to a bill to Medicare for $150,000.00 each so the 20% that Medicare doesn't cover would have come out to a hefty sum.  My supplement insurance covered the difference completely to my relief.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

101 this blue sky morning.

52° was the high yesterday. Today was cooler, 42°, overnight prediction is 21°.

Really late to post, had a bunch of errands to run and was wiped out by the time I got home.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

113 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

175 this morning.

Yesterday was another lost day - started feeling lousy about 8am, went back to bed and basically stayed there the rest of the day. No fever, glucose extreme or weirdness with blood pressure or pulse, just felt as though all were way off. Better so far today, thankfully.

You've hit the nail on the head, Grammabear, in the end, you pay.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

101 this morning.

I am having quite a lot of trouble with dry skin this season.  If anyone could share what works for them in dealing with dry skin or dry scalp, it would be most appreciated.

Tamagno - Maybe your body has not yet decided what it will do with the time change and so decided a long nap was in order?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Temp. holding steady at 80° for a high and it looks like that will hold out until next week.
I got the results from blood work I had done last week for my Dr. appointment on Monday.  Cholesterol and trigs look good and my A1c was 5.1 which is kind of what I expected as I have bumped my carb intake up a bit.  Kidney function is still suspect so I'll talk about that at my appointment.
Grammabear, I have Psoriasis and that is like really dry skin.  My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil, the cream not the lotion, and I have used it for a few years.  It works well for me and I like that it is not greasy.  It may need to be applied a couple of times a day.  For my scalp I use Neutrogena T/Sal, not the T/Gel, and it has always worked also.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

93 this cold, clear morning.

High yesterday was 42°. Forecast for today is 50°, it is only 32° now at noon, so I am doubtful it will. Overnight forecast is 30°.

Tamagno

190 this morning.

I'm also finding it an epic year for dry skin, Grammabear. Probably the best lotions are O'Keefe's, but I also use a number of other potions including Gold Bond and Udder Butter (usually at Agway). The liquid bandage products are a great boon where skin gets cracked at hand joints and finger tips. I've also got cotton gloves I wear after putting lotion on my hands at night. Unless you're willing to spend most of your time reapplying these things, they don't last as long as you might hope.

Grammabear

115 this morning.

Thank you Wally and Tamagno for the suggestions on potions for dry skin.  It seems that most people I come into contact with are commenting on their dry skin.  Or maybe I just never noticed how many people are commenting about it.  When it starts interfering with my sleep, I guess that is when I start becoming a bit cross in attitude.

I got notice from Best Buy 'Geek Squad' (whatever that is) that my "device" is ready to be picked up.  When I left it there two weeks ago, the technician said that either it would be repaired or replaced.  It will be interesting to see which I end up with.  At any rate, it will be nice to once again have my phone back and hopefully in working order.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  Still warm here but it looks like some farther East may be in for some very cold weather soon. 
Kathy, the "Geek Squad" is Best Buy's name for their service department.  I have never dealt with them but it is a feature that they advertise as a benefit if you are near one.
The nearest Best Buy to me is 75 miles away. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023