You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

95 this clear cold morning.

40° ended up being the high yesterday. Forecast for today is 54° and overnight forecast 32°. It is 40° now so I doubt it will get up to 54°.

I use O'Keeffe's Skin Repair, it works pretty well. I get it on Amazon. I also use Triple Lanolin Aloe Vera Lotion which I also get on Amazon. They both work well, just have to apply a couple times a day like other lotions.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

120 fasting today.

We use coconut oil and ghee extensively.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

244 this morning.

Last night I discovered (again) that this house is woefully lacking insulation and has poor heating ducts. Last night I could actually feel a cold draft coming through the walls in my bedroom. Reminds me once more that all those window replacement deals you see around are useless if the house itself is badly insulated.

I plugged in a space heater in the worst area, got some heat in there and slept soundly the rest of the night.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

194 this morning after a low of 51 at 2 a.m. 

Bigskygal - The O'Keefe's Skin repair I just ordered from Amazon, but I will look up the other one you mentioned.  I have found that most of the time Amazon has a better price than the grocery store where we shop weekly.

skb - It is cooler in our house than in yours probably, so I have a problem keeping coconut oil in a semi liquid state.  Especially now that the winter season for us is here.  I never knew ghee could be used like lotion.

Tamagno - Perhaps you would benefit from having a heated mattress pad on your bed?  Truthfully when I go for a bi-monthly therapeutic massage, the massage therapist has a heated pad on her massage table and it feels wonderful.  I think that if your sleeping area is not warm enough for you that a heated mattress pad might be comfy and warm enough for you to sleep well.  I am thinking of getting one for our bed because although I like a cool air temperature, I do like a warmer bed.

I now have my phone back.  Apple replaced my former phone because their last software update fried my phone.  It was a good thing I had backed everything up to the icloud, but even then it was a pain in the backside to contact my carrier to give them the 18 digit number from the new SIM card. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  Still nice at 81° yesterday and should be the same today.  It looks like we will start to cool down next Wednesday but still in the low 70s. 
Yeah Tamagno, insulation makes a really big difference.  The house in the mountains was built with concrete block and just painted on the outside and inside.  That passed through heat or cold like you wouldn't believe.  We added a 2X4 wall around the outside filled with insulation and then covered with siding then we added 2X4 firing on the inside filled with insulation and then drywall.  Our walls ended up being about 15 inches thick !  It was also a flat roof and we added a peaked roof and insulated that.  Then dual pane windows really made a difference.  It was a big project but my BIL is a contractor and did the work.
Here in the house in town we have upgraded the insulation and changed out the windows to dual pane and it has made a difference also.  Being able to do the work yourself makes a big difference in how much it costs. 
Grammabear, glad you got the replacement iPhone.  Yeah, it can be a bit of a chore to get all back to where it was but hopefully all is OK now.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this cloudy morning.

48° was the high yesterday. Forecast for today is 52° or 56° depending on where you look. Overnight forecast is 36°. It is only 40° now so really doubt it will get to 56° possibly not even 52°.

I live in a double wide and the people before me really upped the insulation and of course here in MT I have double paned windows. So I am quite toasty in cold weather. I do sleep with my bedroom window open all year...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

164 this morning.

I'm impressed Wally! You put a huge amount of work in insulating your houses - hanging drywall is an awful job! I put in all new Windows a couple of years ago, but have never really addressed insulation except in a couple of places. This older house was built on the cheap and you just never know what surprises you'll find when you start taking it apart.

Or, Grammabear, you can just get an electric blanket and put it over your mattress cover with sheets and blankets over it which is what I've done. Works pretty good.

Meanwhile, I've gotten out my serious winter clothes which do help as well.

This morning is warmer at 27 instead of the previous mornings 17.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

202 this morning.

My husband worked outside most of the day yesterday cleaning off flower beds and such getting ready for winter.  A small white dog came to visit him and started barking furiously when he ignored the dog.  Pup wanted to play and hubby didn't see him.  Then when we looked at the pup we could see he had chewed his leash in two and had escaped from his owner down the road.  Then a small boy came looking for the pup and the pup ran circles around him but never stopping so the boy could attach a new leash.  Such is the excitement at our house on nice days.  This pup has escaped before, so something tells me he resents being tied up.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  We are in a very steady weather pattern here for at least a few days more.  Can't complain as it is quite nice outside right now. 
Yeah Tamagno, the house on the mountain really needed the upgrade to be easier to keep warm in the winter.  Summer months were not as large of a problem but it helped there also.  My BIL is the contractor and good at all of this, I am just the helper.
The house we live in now was built in 1974 so it needed some work also.  It was built by a local builder for his own house so he didn't skimp on anything but things were different then.  All we did here was to have another 6 inches of insulation blown into the attic which helped and replace the windows with dual pane which was not too hard to do as there are now retrofit windows that just fit exactly when the old window is removed. 
Grammabear, I just hate it when people have to tie a dog up to let it go outside.  I have always had a fenced yard that the dogs could run around in.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this partly cloudy morning.

It did end up at 52° yesterday. It rained overnight. Forecast fir today 52° with possible rain. Overnight forecast 17° with possible rain or snow.

I need to call my yard guy to get the leaves up before they get snowed on a lot. They clean my gutters too. My Norwegian Dogwood is just not letting go of the leaves...they will have to wait for kSprong clean up I guess.

Sweety

110 fasting today.

My BP is 90/150 I am taking the day off.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

193 this morning.

I'm going to experiment with my diet some today in an effort to be rid of post-prandial fatigue, nausea and headache. I know that eating less (is that possible?) helps, but I also need to consider what. I'll just eliminate one food at a time and see what happens.

I just hate seeing wandering dogs. While some breeds are more prone to it than others, a great deal has to do with training which I suspect lots of people neglect out of ignorance or laziness. You've got to spend a lot of time with puppies to get them civilized.

Grammabear

99 this morning.

My younger son who lives alone has just adopted his first puppy.  Pup was born July 27, so this winter will be his first.  His first exposure to the white stuff was a pleasure to watch.  He just ran and ran some more through the snow for the sheer joy of running.  He is so far a good pup and is catching on very quickly that he needs to 'go outside' to do his 'business'.  Today he gets his first haircut and bath at the groomers.

We got 3-4 inches of the white stuff last night and it is still coming down.  Temperature is 19 degrees F and wind is out of the north at 20 mph.  Very good day to stay inside.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  The weather channel is talking about an Arctic Blast moving from the Rockies to the East Coast in the next few days may bring record lows to a huge area.  It's times like this I enjoy living here.  We get cold but not much below freezing most of the time.
I picked up our "Pound Puppy" right after we moved to this house and was always worried about what she would do if she got out of the yard.  A couple of months ago there was a board that had come loose on the fence and she got out but I guess she didn't like it as I saw her at the gate trying to get back into the yard.  She apparently doesn't have a roaming desire and for that I am thankful. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

98 this cloudy morning.

50° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is for 42° with overnight forecast of 26°. Had a dusting of snow last evening, but most of it is gone now. Right now at almost noon it is 28° outside, 42 seems a long way away.