You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 11, 2019, 10:41:22 AMThe weather channel is talking about an Arctic Blast moving from the Rockies to the East Coast in the next few days may bring record lows to a huge area.   

Heard about that courtesy CNN Weather Channel. Stay warm everyone.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

217 this morning.

Can't say I care much for snow and cold headed east - nothing to be done but hunker in, I guess.

My HP printer is suddenly objecting strenuously to being fed non-HP ink cartridges and won't do a thing until I rectify the matter. I'll play with it today and likely either buy new cartridges or a new printer. Don't know why after a couple of years of knock-offs it's now doing this...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.

Tamagno - My HP printer did the same thing yours is doing, and I grew tired of coaxing it to work SO I replaced it with a Brother all in one printer.  Much prefer the Brother to the HP.  I just refused to be held hostage by HP any longer.

It is 5 deg F here at present.  Put an extra warm cover on the bed last night and my feet were nice and toasty warm.  However, later today I have a podiatrist appointment, so must face the cold and blustery weather.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  We are not seeing cold weather yet.  It is supposed to cool down a bit starting tomorrow but just a bit and still in the 60s so not cold.
I never cared for HP printers but that's just my opinion.  I got very good use from a Canon printer for a few years until it finally quit.  My latest printer is an Epson all in one because it has a document feeder so making a copy of several documents is easy.  I tend to print a lot so using compatible ink cartridges is a must for me. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

101 this partly cloudy morning.

31° was the high yesterday. Forecast high is 45° overnight forecast 33°. It is 34° right now so I'm not sure about the 454°. I'm on the western side of the Rockies and the western side of MT so hope it doesn't get too cold here.

There must be something in the air, my printer is starting to act wonky and may need to be replaced. It is that Cannon you recommended a few years ago Wally. I don't use it much anymore since I don't do eBay any longer. I'm hoping it will limp along for as long as I need it.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I now use an Epson color printer. The color prints for pictures are not as good as HP but the printer uses Ink Tanks and not cartridges so the cost per print is pretty low.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

133 this morning.

I swapped my HP printer out yesterday for an Epson. I do occasionally use it for faxing, duplex scanning and copying and have reason to use different paper for different things and this one fills the bill. Seemed pretty easy to set up and works well over my network, so it looks pretty good so far. I'll spend some time today getting the old HP utilities off the computer and replaced with equivalent Epson files and then it should be all set. I see that it's somehow Alexa compatible, so I'll also have to play with that some.

Another cold day today...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

155 this morning.

It is only 16 deg F today and that feels really cold.  This winter weather came very early this year.  Bah - humbug.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  It looks like a large part of the USA is under some really cold weather.  I feel sorry for anyone having to deal with record low temps.  Here it is going to be a bit cooler but still in the 70s so not cold.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

104 this drizzly morning.

38° was the high yesterday, with some rain in the evening. Today's forecast is 48°, it is 42° right now so maybe. Overnight forecast 26°. It is cold but not as bad as the eastern part of the country.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

173 this morning.

Cold here as well. You know it's cold when you have to add air to your car's tires because the air has "shrunk."

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Tamagno - my husband has been adding air to his car tires for over a week.  Today he is taking it into the repair shop to see if the tires need replacing.  His car sits out all the time, so it does indeed get cold.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  I feel kind of guilty comparing the temp. here to all of you dealing with the cold.  We were at 77° yesterday for a high and it is supposed to get to 80° today.  Still shorts and T-shirt weather outside.  Right now it looks like a possibility of some rain next week Wednesday through Friday.  That would be very welcome here.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

105 this foggy morning.

46° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 48° with overnight of 32°. It is 42° right now and I think that will be it for today.

Sadly, another school shooting. In So CA at a high school, 2 teens dead, 3 injured. It was the shooter's birthday! He tried to kill himself but is in hospital in "grave condition". Kids killing kids, it is all so sad.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 14, 2019, 10:33:57 AMI feel kind of guilty comparing the temp. here to all of you dealing with the cold.

What about me ?
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club