You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

111 today morning.

My BP has started troubling me. It is high again today 92/157. I have taken another day off. As much as I hate medication, I think I will be forced to go that way. 
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

167 this morning.

Mostly okay visit with my endocrinologist yesterday, vis, I finally have understood how to sort out which insurer to use so that Medicare will pay for pumps, CGMs and supplies. The status of Medicare and these devices remains shadowy, but promises from manufacturers for resolution continue to abound. We'll see...

Sweety, if you wind up with meds, likely it won't be too onerous, but you may still avoid it. Remember you're still coming off a major eating holiday. It'd be worth it to track BG and diet to see what changes you could make plus ensure you're getting some exercise.

Still plenty of cold weather to whine about here, but I'm not at all sure how I'd do in the heat of Mumbai.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

129 this morning.

It is 21 deg F and sunny so that makes the cold weather tolerable I think.  Hope you all have a good weekend.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on November 14, 2019, 11:58:09 PM
Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 14, 2019, 10:33:57 AMI feel kind of guilty comparing the temp. here to all of you dealing with the cold.

What about me ?

Yeah, I don't know if it ever gets cold in India.  I was just thinking about the people here in the USA that are dealing with record low temps.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  It looks like we will remain around 80° for the rest of the week.  Next week we are going to see a drop to around 60° highs and the chance of rain Wednesday and Thursday has gone up to 40% but then that is still a ways away.
Sweety, I have had to deal with very high blood pressure for several years and the only way I have been able to control it is with medication.  I am taking 3 different medications to manage my BP now.  I understand your reluctancy to take meds but it is also really important to keep your BP controled and if it takes meds. to do it it may be something to consider.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this cloudy morning.

42° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 51° with overnight forecast of 36°. It is only 35° now, a bit after noon, so I kind of doubt the 51°.

Sweety, I too take high blood pressure meds. I only take one pill but it is important to take it to stay healthy. I have the added problem of "white coat" high bp. It always goes up when I go to the dr., but I take it at home and it is fine.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on November 15, 2019, 05:06:08 AMRemember you're still coming off a major eating holiday.

I am for sure, and it is showing. 130 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 15, 2019, 10:17:33 AMYeah, I don't know if it ever gets cold in India.  I was just thinking about the people here in the USA that are dealing with record low temps.

Not in the part that I live in. The lowest that it will get is around 15oC
But in the northern parts it does get cold, though it snows only in the higher altitudes of the Himalayas.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

Not sure what FBG is this morning. CGM has failed in a way I've not seen before and pump is only sporadically delivering insulin. This all started late last night and I didn't want to getting into changing things then. I'll get to it here soon as I'm fully awake...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

185 this morning.

Tamagno - If you have any sort of pump failure, call Tandem's help line so they can send a replacement if necessary.

We had a meal 'out' at a nice Italian restaurant last night with friends.  As these are new friends, it was refreshing to find that they also eat lower carb and that one of them is a Type 2 diabetic who believes in taking care of himself.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We are supposed to be around 80° through Tuesday and then the cold front comes in and the high is supposed to be 60° on Wednesday with now a 50% chance of rain.  The rain would be welcome.

Tamagno, that sounds like a real problem.  Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Grammabear, as many people that have diabetes it seems strange that I haven't come across more.  I think that some people just keep it hidden.  My nieces husband was told he is "pre-diabetic" which to me is just diabetic and he just goes about like nothing is different.  Glad you found some friends that you can share with.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

92 this partly cloudy morning.

The high yesterday was 42°. Forecast for today is 49° with overnight of 36°.

I hope you can get things sorted out easily Tamagno.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 16, 2019, 10:54:00 AM86 this morning.  We are supposed to be around 80° through Tuesday and then the cold front comes in and the high is supposed to be 60° on Wednesday with now a 50% chance of rain.  The rain would be welcome.

Tamagno, that sounds like a real problem.  Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Grammabear, as many people that have diabetes it seems strange that I haven't come across more.  I think that some people just keep it hidden.  My nieces husband was told he is "pre-diabetic" which to me is just diabetic and he just goes about like nothing is different.  Glad you found some friends that you can share with.

Wally - It is strange that most people don't find 'other diabetics' in their town.  As long as I've had diabetes, I have found very few that actually say "I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes".  I have seen just two people in almost 17 yrs of diabetes that have an insulin pump.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

The only other diabetics I know is you guys here...and on the old forum. I have been diabetic now for 7+ years and granted, I am a hermit, have never run across another one here locally.

I have come across others who have had breast cancer locally and talked with them. I wonder if people feel some sort of embarrassment/disbelief with diabetes? I don't understand it, I'd gladly share what little I know with anyone that would listen.

Tamagno

160 this morning.

Got my pump and CGM problems sorted out early yesterday. It's rare they go out simultaneously.

I do meet other diabetics occasionally. Often with type 1s, it happens one or the other of us notice looking at our CGM and ask. Lots more type 2s, but you'd never know it to watch them eat. Often as not, I find that they're taking care of it by taking cinnamon capsules or some such plus eating lots of fruit and grains. In hospital, if I've got a roommate, they are very frequently type 2. Virtually no one listens to advice...