You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

110 this morning fasting.

My BP is improving because for now I am taking the medicines that the doctor has given.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

201 this morning.

Sweety, one thing about blood pressure meds is that there are so many, if one doesn't work, there are always others to try.

As to the crackers, I am going to experiment. I've a batch ready to bake today. I'm something of a neophyte with baking and so far have little feel for it. Pub cheese is another matter and looks fairly easy to throw together. We'll see. For some reason, recipes containing beer or ale are appealing to me.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

107 this morning.

We can barely see across the road today as the fog is very heavy.  Our temperature is 37 deg F.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  There is still a chance of some rain today but so far there is nothing.  Some areas to the South, East and North are seeing rain but if it will get here is a question.
Sweety, glad that you are able to get your blood pressure under control.  It is really important to prevent serious problems. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this partly cloudy morning.

42° was the high yesterday. 41° is the predicted high for today with overnight temp of 21°. Rain overnight last night, thankfully no snow.

Making pub cheese sounds interesting, I'll have to google some recipes.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on November 20, 2019, 09:06:41 AMWe can barely see across the road today as the fog is very heavy.  Our temperature is 37 deg F.

During the winter months the entire North Indian plains are engulfed in thick fog. It puts road, rail and air traffic in a tizzy. The fog is partly due to the pollution but mostly because the farmers have traditionally relied on crop burning (the stems that are left behind after threshing) for soil supplementation.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

188 this morning.

I learned a number of things making crackers and pub cheese, chief among them that making use of a food processor would make the whole thing much easier. (Both crackers and cheese came out with great flavor, but in need of some refinement, especially the cracker dough.)

Can't say we've got a particular fog season here, but when conditions are right for it, our hills and valleys collect and distribute it in ways that make it very dense in places. None is the result of man-made effluvia.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

71 this morning.

skb - How long is your winter season?  Having to deal with fog is definitely a challenge.  In this part of the world, during the autumn season we have a different sort of fog - if you can call it that.  People burn leaves that fall from the trees in their yards and the burning makes a fog of a different nature.  Some counties and states have now made laws against the burning of leaves.  I wish all of the burning would stop as it makes breathing somewhat difficult.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Well, we actually did get rain yesterday, 1/4 inch.  It was a light rain but steady all morning until the afternoon.  It is predicted that we will see rain again next week Wednesday and Thursday so we will have to see how that develops.  Definitely cooler with a low overnight of 34°.
We have fog here sometimes, especially after we have a heavy rain but not often.  Thankfully I don't have to drive in it anymore but used to and it is a real pain.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

104 this frosty morning.

42° was the high yesterday. Forecast for today is 39° with overnight prediction of 22°. When I got up early this morning it was 15° that was 8:15 it is now a bit after 11:30 and it is only 30°.

We occasionally get fog here, not all that often. If it is bad, I just stay home...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

In Mumbai, I wouldn't call it winter, but the temperatures are a bit lower from end October to about February.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

Tamagno, I have been looking at pub cheese recipes and I am going to try it  out! I used to love that cheese in the little tubs, a throw back to my childhood.

Have you ever made Optimist's crackers form the old forum? They are very seedy and would be great with pub cheese plus they are fairly easy to make. If you can still log in there you could get the recipe. If not, I will PM it to you. Posting it here may cause us some problems. Or PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

skb

Would it be a problem, if we gave him the credit for the recipe ?
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

198 this morning.

Never tried the Optimist crackers, but I don't make these things for myself as crunchy things - bread, crackers, etc. - are impossible for me to eat. When I do this it's really for my wife and company so I don't worry about carbs.

Judging by my foray to Costco and Best Buy yesterday I'd say today is pretty much the last one it'll still be "safe" to go out and shop until after the holidays. Never seems to me that many people can possibly live around here...

Grammabear

65 this morning.

Agree with Tamagno about going to the grocery store.  We went last week and the aisles were filled with people buying items for their holiday meal.  You would think that everyone in town had bare shelves in their pantry by the amount of people in the store.  I was glad to get out of there and go home where it was quiet.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021