You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

106 this morning.  I had a couple of onion rings last night and it shows this morning.  Not bad but it does show.
I'm going over to my sister in laws for Thanksgiving so shopping will not be a problem for me.  I really don't like it when there are crowds. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

99 this mostly clear but cold morning.

32° was the high yesterday. 42°is the forecast high for today 22° for overnight low.

I hate shopping this time of year too. Yesterday I tried to get it done for a while and of all things for my grocery to not have ...no turkey thighs!! I can't use a whole bird so I usually do a thigh. Ended up with a Cornish game hen.

skb, I believe Optimist is a woman. She lives either in Sweden or Norway if I recall correctly. Even giving her credit, and DF too as that is where it is from, I don't feel comfortable putting it out in the open. I'm not sure what the powers that be at DF would do. I don't want us to get in any trouble with them...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

200 this morning.

We'd had a couple days of warmer weather, but it looks like back to cold.

I'm going to try another batch of crackers today, this time using a food processor. I think the whole thing should be easier that way and hopefully, with good results.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Sweety

Quote from: Tamagno on November 20, 2019, 03:59:17 AMSweety, one thing about blood pressure meds is that there are so many, if one doesn't work, there are always others to try.

Doctor has given me Prinivil 10 mg. My BP is now in better numbers. But I want to stop taking it if possible.

113 today's fasting.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

117 this morning.

I am not much for taking medicines either and I take 3 blood pressure meds.  However the medicine does its job and it sure beats the alternative.

We have another shopping trip today and then we're done.  Just hope we finish ahead of the winter storm that is predicted for our area.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  It looks like most of the US is in for storms over Thanksgiving.  Here we are probably going to get rain Wednesday through Friday.  The mountains are going to see snow with several feet expected in the Sierras.  That would be good news for Southern California.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this partly cloudy morning.

35° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 43° with overnight low 33°. The overnight temps have been much lower than the predictions...down in the teens. We have snow in the forecast for next Mon, Tues, & Fri but that is a long way out and anything can change.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

197 this morning.

According to my weather app, this time last year was six degrees. A high today of 40 should be easy.

Using my antique Cuisinart food processor made preparing cracker crust vastly easier and resulted in much more uniform results; remembering how to put its various bits together to engage its safety lock out was another matter altogether.

Managing chronic pain gets more serious all the time. Usually, I can just sort of ignore it, but not so much lately. While I do make use of various remedies, it's getting so they don't really touch it. I wish the few pharmaceuticals that work weren't so nasty and intrusive.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

177 this morning.

Tamagno - Managing chronic pain is a challenge even using various remedies.  Do you have a remedy that works sometimes and not other times?  I was reading about chronic pain on FB and there was a short article about carbs, sugar and chronic pain.  Most of what they said made sense, but following low carb eliminates most sources of sugar anyway.  I find that barometric pressure seems to have a big influence on my pain level, but how to manage that seems most difficult.  What does the rest of our group do for chronic pain?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  The weather gurus are backing off a bit on the rain prediction next week.  Now it is supposed to be light showers Wednesday morning and late Thursday evening and nothing on Friday.  I'm sure that will change some in the next few days also. 

I must be getting bored as I am thinking of building another desktop computer.  The on I have now I built about 4 years ago and it is a monster, far more than I need and it is huge with a fast intel I7 processor, liquid cooled, a big graphics card with 4 gig of memory and a giant case with many fans to provide cooling.  I would like to replace it with a smaller version that would fit my needs.  Also it is a fun project.

I am fortunate that I don't really have what I would call chronic pain.  My knees would qualify but the injections have taken care of that.  I do have pain here and there that comes and goes but it is not constant.  I know that if it is constant it is a real problem and I don't have an answer except for medication of some kind but there are also other methods depending on what is causing it.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

99 this partly cloudy morning.

45° was the high yesterday, a bit warmer than predicted. Today's forecast is 49° with overnight low of 26°. There is a possibility of snow today and tomorrow, but they have dropped the snow for the end of the week.

The only place I have chronic pain is the arthritis in my left hand. It is getting worse, andI really need to get in fir a shot. In the interim, I have been using CBD cream and it works OK, just doesn't last all day. I do also have periodic pain in my low back and my knees but OTC drugs seem to manage it fine.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 24, 2019, 10:53:01 AMI must be getting bored as I am thinking of building another desktop computer.  The on I have now I built about 4 years ago and it is a monster, far more than I need and it is huge with a fast intel I7 processor, liquid cooled, a big graphics card with 4 gig of memory and a giant case with many fans to provide cooling.  I would like to replace it with a smaller version that would fit my needs.  Also it is a fun project.

That sounds like an interesting project.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

196 this morning.

Wally, that computer of yours sounds like a beast (liquid cooling? Wow!) just the sound of it all implies serious gaming or maybe you're just heavy into bitcoin. You might enjoy Neal Stephenson's books, especially Cryptonomicon and Reamde.

Clearly pain is a big issue especially among those over 60 or so. Everyone seems to have and use a variety of management methods, but mostly I just want it to go away enough that it's not always first in my thoughts. Thus far, the only things totally reliable are opiates and medical marijuana. Both have so many terrible side effects, however, that using them daily seems really a last ditch effort and inadvisable.

Grammabear

100 this morning.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is CBD cream?  Is it available over the counter or is it a prescription medication?  I have eczema that is currently in a major flare and other than steroids from the dermatologist, I have no treatment that works.  I suspect the eczema is flaring because of the anticipated cataract surgery, but first I have to get that over with before I see if the eczema will settle down.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  The weather outlook is getting increasingly positive that we will be looking at storms starting tomorrow evening through Thursday and now we may even get some snow !  They are saying the snow level could be as low as 2000 feet and we are at 2500 so it is possible.  Up higher in the Sierras they are expecting 2-3 feet of snow.
Tamagno, no I'm not a gamer and I have no interest in bitcoin.  I just wanted to build a computer that was more capable than most of the store bought computers and kind of got carried away.  The main reason I am thinking of building a new computer is to scale it down to something that is more in line of what i use it for.  My problem is that as I look at components I get the "Tim the Tool Man" view that leads me to look at the more expensive items because everyone knows that "Bigger is Better".

Grammabear. Google is your friend but here is an article that explains about CBD oil :

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20180507/cbd-oil-all-the-rage-but-is-it-safe-effective#1

I have no experience with it but the main worry I have is that there is no regulation so what you get from someone can be very different from one seller to another.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023