You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

108 this lightly snowing morning.

45° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 36° with overnight low of 22°. The snow is out of the forecast now. Sever wind chill warnings for Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Overnights in the single digits.

Interesting article Wally. And yes the product can vary greatly. I get mine from my DIL's mom who gets it from her chiropractor as it is truly medical strength. There is a shop up in Missoula that sells all sorts of CBD products but quality/content can be questionable. What I use does work well, just have to apply a couple of times a day. Fortunately a little goes a long way.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

160 this morning.

CBD oil seems lately to be everywhere and in everything. I had no discernible benefit from it, but am not willing to go on a search to figure out what's the real thing and what's not. The claims for its benefits strike me as way too broad for reality. When it comes to pain relief, I rarely feel like waiting for results.

Wally, since you clearly know your way around this stuff, you might find it fun to use Linux for your OS. It's free and you can customize it to suit (not sure how it'd be with your weather hardware, but expect there's a way).

Haven't yet checked our weather, but the house feels colder this morning. At this point, even if it's warmish by noon, it'll be feeling cold once the sun sets.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

111 this morning.

I managed to lose/misplace my Dexcom G5 receiver yesterday at the Audiologist office.  I have to call there this morning when they open for business.

Weather here is supposed to turn very windy at 60 mph or more followed by copious amounts of rain over Thanksgiving and following days.  Hope it doesn't come to visit anyone else.  Stay safe everyone.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  Our weather looks like it will be rainy for a while.  Starting tomorrow it is supposed to be rainy and Thanksgiving rain/snow with an overnight low of 19° and then another storm starting Saturday and continuing through next Tuesday.
If anyone is interested I thought I would post a link to my weather station that I have broadcasting on Weather Underground.  I think it will work :

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCARIDGE68#history/s20180923/e20180923/mdaily

Tamagno, I tried Linux some time ago and it really doesn't do anything for me.  I have been a Windows user since Windows 3.1 and am so used to it I find it hard to change and the majority of programs I have are Windows only.  I guess it's an Old Dogs/New Tricks thing.

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

96 this cold partly cloudy morning.

High yesterday was 37°. Today's forecast is 33° with overnight prediction of 19°. It is 32° right now so maybe it will be warmer than the forecast.

That is quite an accomplishment Wally. I can barely operate my computer much less build one. I was proud of myself the other day when I figured out how to turn the flashlight on my phone on using Siri! I had trouble getting to the screen to select the flashlight and though why no just ask Siri and lo and behold she turned it on and then off.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

189 this morning.

Looks like a couple of mild days for us with a high today in the mid-50s. Winter returns in a couple of days.

Losing your Dexcom receiver would not be something I'd want to do, Grammabear; hope you get it back today!

Thanks for the link, Wally - a fun project. Since finding my most recent weather app (Dark Skies), I'm finding it sufficiently accurate that I'm just sticking with that for now.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

I guess my Dexcom receiver is gone for good.  I called the audiology office and they looked in their lost and found, no receiver.  I looked all over in the car and under the seats - no receiver.  I am not happy, but I might be able to get another on ebay because sometimes people have extras they don't need.

The wind is 25mph here this morning and forecast to increase to 50-60 mph by days end with a storm that is passing through.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  It started raining about 5:00 AM after a very windy night.  Light rain so far but more to come.  It is supposed to rain tomorrow also with maybe some snow mixed in.  Lots of snow expected in the mountains.
Grammabear, that is a real bummer.  I hope you are able to replace ti.

Barbara, building a computer is really not that hard once you gather all of the parts.  The challenge is selecting all of the items that are compatible with each other and fit your budget.  After it is all assembled there is a bit of expertise needed to install the operating system and set everything up.  I started doing this about 25 years ago and a lot of it was trial and error but nowadays there is a ton of information on youtube that walks someone through the steps.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this cloudy, cold morning.

32° was the high yesterday and it looks like it will be the high today too. The forecast says 33° its overnight of 21°. There is a chance of snow this afternoon plus some wind. The wind is just now starting to pick up and from the looks of the sky, I can believe it could snow.

Sweety

112 fasting today morning. I have a bad and sore throat. Hope it doesn't develop into anything more.

Building a computer from scratch takes technical skill and is beyond my capability.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

178 this morning.

Assembling parts is something fairly daunting, though, Wally. I think it'd be hard to hit the sweet spot between Raspberry Pi and what you've got.

Grammabear, that's a rotten thing to happen! Those receivers have gotten so small, it's easy for them to slip away most anywhere...

No company for us today, which it turns out may be just as well as it appears the kitchen sink may be once again clogged. I've got a good, powered snake to use on it, so hopefully I'll get it going again without too much trouble.

Otherwise, wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Grammabear

253 this morning.

I went to bed last night and blood sugar was 88, so have no clue where the high number came from.  I suspect I have  insulin pump troubles.  I will be doing some eliminating procedures very soon.

The current computer I use was built by my younger son last Christmas.  I figure I am doing good if I can turn it on or reconnect to wifi after a storm.  Kudos to you guys who have technical knowledge.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  We did get rain yesterday, about 1/4 inch, so the predictions were right.  It was a light rain over a few hours but it did a good job of getting things wet.  This morning we are getting a rain/snow mix as predicted but nothing will stick as the temp. is 35° but it could change later if it gets colder.
Happy Thanksgiving to all ! 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

112 this cold morning. Not sure where that came from...

32° was the high yesterday. Right now its is 28° forecast high is 30° with overnight prediction of 9°. There was a light dusting of snow when I got up but most of it is gone now.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tamagno

196 this morning.

Grammabear, got to thinking about your G5 and see there are digital "tags" available you can attach to such things to prevent loss. I'm curious, naturally, but could help in the future.

Back to cold today. I somehow really messed up my planning and need to go to the grocery today. Figure I'll just bite the bullet and run out early to get it over with.