You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

117 this morning.

Tamagno - I also saw an advertisement for those 'digital tags' that help you find things if they are lost or misplaced.  If I ever am able to get another receiver, I will most definitely secure one for myself.  I had my receiver in a zippered ID on a lanyard and I still lost it.  Not very proud of myself at the moment.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  I did not pig out for Thanksgiving but had a good meal and enjoyed the day.  Hope every ones day was also good.  Well, it started out as a rain snow mix in the morning yesterday but around 8:00 AM it became all snow and it snowed for most of the day.  We ended up with about 3 inches on the ground.  The last time that it snowed in town was 2001 so it has been a while.  It turned to rain in the evening but this morning there is still snow on the ground.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

119 this frigid morning. Probably stress induced since my pump froze up last night and I had no water this morning. Fortunately my pump guy is a gem and he has already come out and thawed me out and I have water again! He is out buying me more insulation for the pipes. Did I say he is a gem?

High yesterday was 28°, when I went to bed at 1AM it was 10°. It is 18° right now, forecast is high of 22° overnight 14°. It is lightly snowing right now.

As soon as the pump guy is finished, I need to make a run to the PO to see if my bill finally came. It is my property tax bill and it is due 12/2. I get 2 bills as a sliver of my land is in another school district and this year I didn't get the smaller bill. grrr

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I have a cousin sister from Philly who is visiting and yesterday I learnt the history and tradition behind Thanksgiving.

I typed this post yesterday and then lost internet connection so it wasn't posted here.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

207 this morning.

It's amazing to hear you reporting snow, Wally; for once you've gotten it before the east coast.

Here, it's pretty cold today and I'm not sure we'll even get into the 30s. Snow is forecast sometime the first of the week.

Of course, SKB, the question is, which story of Thanksgiving you were told - I notice it seems to change over time...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

72 this morning.

Wow, I didn't know it snowed in California.  I wonder if the children were excited to see it?

We had a nice Thanksgiving meal with our family last night as schedules didn't permit it on Thanksgiving Day. 

Barbara - It is miserable without water, and I'm glad your pump guy is available to help you out. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  Oh yeah Grammabear, it does snow in California, especially in the higher elevations.  Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort got 4 feet and some of the other ski areas also got around 4 feet from this storm.  The difference with this storm is that the snow level got down to 2000 feet elevation.  We are at 2500  feet.  Also this is quite early for snow. 
Barbara, glad you have a good pump man.  It's miserable to have no water. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this lightly snowing morning.

It snowed very lightly all day yesterday the high was 20° This morning there was a bit over an inch of snow on the ground. Forecast for today is 30° with overnight of 11°. It is 25° now at about 12:30, maybe I'll see 30 but kind doubt it.

Yes Wally, this guy is a treasure. I knew I was frozen when I went to bed, so I forced myself to get up early (for me). I called him at 8:30, he was here about 9:30 and by 10:30 I had water again! He put that foam tube insulation on the pipes over the heat tape and put in a second heater. It was an expensive venture, but worth it!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on November 30, 2019, 03:43:38 AMOf course, SKB, the question is, which story of Thanksgiving you were told - I notice it seems to change over time...

What I gathered was that the imperial colonists who came to America were having a hard time settling down. They were battling disease and hunger as their methods of cultivation were not working in the new environment.

The native Indians came to their rescue, teaching them how to cultivate the lands. So after a good harvest, they were invited to a grand celebration by the settlers and thanked for having guided them through the crisis. That was the first Thanksgiving meal and is now celebrated every year on the last Thursday of November.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

174 this morning.

SKB, that's pretty much what our history classes used to teach. In recent times it's been adapted to meet various political demands.

BigSkyGal, it's great you got your water fixed. Thankfully, now you can start the winter with that worry off your list.

As to winter, it's 20 out this morning and not predicted to get much warmer today. But then, my various weather sources are predicting snow anywhere from 3-21." I suppose that pretty much covers the bases. So far, nothing.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

116 this morning.

Our weather has been rainy and around 39 deg F this weekend.  The forecast is for snow today, but so far we have nothing and if it stays that way, I'll be happy.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

109 this morning.  I probably could have done without the couple of french fries I had with my burger last night but it looks like it's not too bad.
We are not seeing the low temps that were predicted before Thanksgiving.  It was supposed to get down to 17-18° but thankfully it has been in the high 30s.  Our overnight low for last night was 38° so not near as bad as it could be.  They are saying we have a 90% chance of rain on Wednesday.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

119 this foggy morning. The trees are covered with hoar frost and it looks very Christmasy outside.

High yesterday was 26°, when I went to bed at 1AM it was 5°! All pipes secure!  :) When I got up it was 10°, forecast is high 26°, low 21°. It is 18° right now somehow I don't think it will hit 26°. Small chance light snow in the evening. Next prediction for snow is next Saturday.

Tamagno

217 this morning.

So far, it looks as though we had an inch or so of snow yesterday and are promised another similar snowfall today.

Today is my day for reordering pump and CGM supplies. Hopefully, all goes well!

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 01, 2019, 06:37:59 AMSKB, that's pretty much what our history classes used to teach. In recent times it's been adapted to meet various political demands.

My sister is married to a Pastor and is a very active member of their church. She is also a professor at Temple University (her area of study is DNA). I believed what she had to say, but would love to hear other versions as well, just to enrich my ageing mind.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club