You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

87 this morning.

Tired after a weekend of houseguests.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  It hasn't been as cold as it was previously expected and lows are in the mid 30s.  We are looking at a 100% chance of rain Wednesday and it should not be cold enough to snow again.  The rain is quite good for all of Southern California and so far there doesn't seem to be any problem with mud slides from the fire burn areas.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this partly cloudy morning.

21° was the high yesterday, when I went to bed after 1, it was 19°. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground this morning. Today's forecast is 41° with overnight 31°. Right now it is 30° but with the cloud cover, I doubt 41° is going to happen.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

193 this morning.

That combination of Pastor, professor and geneticist is potently interesting, SKB. The differences mentioned revolve around the reasons for Thanksgiving (whether or not it was related to dramatic changes in political organization) and the extent of the involvement of natives and their relationship to the settlers. More often a picture of natives behaving in a supererogatory fashion in the face of callous behavior on the part of settlers is presented. In others, settlers starve due primarily to a collective political/social organization which, when abandoned results in sufficient bounty for them to share with natives. (That summation required more thought than the amount of caffeine I've ingested so far today generally produces, so hopefully it's coherent.)

Anyway, it remains quite cold here. Thankfully, snowfall has been very limited with likely no more than about 2" so far.
Lots of doctors to see this week so I'm hoping at least roads stay clear.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

233 this morning.

I'm disappointed in healthcare in general.  I have been having trouble with insulin and diabetes resulting in really high numbers.  I called the Endo's office for an appointment and they refused to give me one because it had been two years since I last saw him.  He is no longer in that office, but they still refused to give me an appt with the new doctor.  I'll be darned if I beg for the appointment.  I will try somewhere else.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Still looking at a 100% chance of rain starting late tonight and through tomorrow.  These storms we see on the West coast all head East and become some of the snow storms those of you that live East of California have to deal with.

I did browse looking for a good deal on any of the parts I want for my computer build from Black Friday through yesterday but I didn't find any really good deals so I will wait until I make my final decision on just what I want to use.  I probably won't start until after the first of the year.

Grammabear, that sounds insane.  I would not waste any time finding another doctor.  Here there is no Endo practicing and we have to go for a 75 mile drive to get to one.  On the good side there are several available there.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this partly cloudy morning.

Yesterday's high was 32°, when I went to bed at 1PM it was 30°. LOL, near tropical temp! Todays forecast is 50° with overnight of 30°. It is 45° right now and fairly sunny so it could happen.

That is just wrong Grammabear! You'd think they would welcome new patients. I have never seen an Endo. When I was dx'd my pcp didn't think I needed one and now that I am "cured" (lol) he would never refer me to one.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

172 this morning.

I'll join the chorus shouting "crazy" over that endo. I know good ones around here are scarce (I mean, one), but there's got to be someone out there you can see. Among other things, you need someone prescribing your pump and CGM - also, if you're solely on Medicare I think you have to see them on a set schedule to maintain benefits (type 1s only). If you've got a good primary care doc, he ought to be able to recommend and/or refer. Heavens!

Wally, keep us posted on the PC build. There's a lot out there and I'll be curious to hear what/why you've chosen the various bits.

Still real cold here...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Well, the weather guys were right and it started raining around 2:00 AM according to my weather station.  It's just a light rain but steady and it may get a bit harder later but we may see around 1/2 inch total.  It's a warmer storm coming from the South East and not out of Alaska like the last one so snow levels will be over 6000 feet.

Tamagno, I'll let you know when I get into it but like I said I think it will be after the first of the year.  My interest is not for playing computer games but I like to play around with video editing and using a 3D CAD program where the load is placed on the processor and not the video card.  The more cores/threads the CPU has the better so I am looking at the processors from AMD and the other components that are compatible.  Serious gamers can pay from $400 to $1200 just for the video card alone !  I plan on using the card I have which is no slouch with 4 GB of ram.  I'll use the same power supply also and sell the rest of the parts.  I want to get everything on hand before I start so it will only take 1-2 days to complete it.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

107 this mostly cloudy morning.

Yesterday's high was 46°. Today's prediction was for 47° but it only got to 42°. Overnight forecast is 29°.

I don't see a post from Grammabear, I hope she is OK.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 04, 2019, 06:03:56 AMWally, keep us posted on the PC build. There's a lot out there and I'll be curious to hear what/why you've chosen the various bits.

Me too.

And talking of weather, it's drizzling here. Some low pressure depression in the Arabian Sea, is what we're hearing. But it's just a drizzle, not rain.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on December 04, 2019, 06:27:31 PMI don't see a post from Grammabear, I hope she is OK.

I hope so too.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

147 this morning.

Wally, I can see video editing wanting power in many components. You know, you could skip the build and for mere thousands extra just get a new Mac Pro...

Ditto about Grammabear!

Grammabear

91 this morning.

This week has been one of 'those' weeks where either my husband or I have appointments every day.  Dentist, doctor or haircut for one or the other of us.  Yesterday was my turn at the Doctor and since Medicare requires it for those of us who use a pump every 3 months, you best keep the appointment.

My GP is the one who prescribes my insulin, pump supplies and cgm supplies.  At the appointment yesterday she told me that one of her advance practice nurses also has a Certified Diabetes Educator title.  She asked this nurse, Tracy, to sit in on my appointment.  She took a look at my CGM and my pump and made several suggestions which I appreciated.  So, now I do have access to someone who may be able to help when I have a pump or cgm question.

Today is an appointment with the ear Doctor which is a yearly thing and tomorrow is a haircut.  I will be glad when this week is finished.

Hope all are staying warm, dry and healthy.  It is just 21 deg F here.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  We actually got a good rain and it ended up being 0.6 inches which is good for here.  It was a light rain but steady from about 2:00 AM until around noon.  It looks like that will be all for a while.
Grammabear, glad you are OK and I sure know how it is with appointments.  I have a dentist appointment this morning but it is just for a cleaning.  Next week two doctors appointments.  I am glad your PCP can take care of your needs.  I don't know why an Endo is seen as a better choice for Diabetes.  They are not really trained to treat Diabetes but it seems that there is a tendency for people to seek them out for that.  Of course some are better than others
Tamagno, yeah, if money was no problem a Mac may be a choice but then I also like to custom build my own just to see what I end up with.  Truthfully I don't really need a new computer but I enjoy the challenge.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023