You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

112 this drizzly morning. Doesn't look like snow until possibly late at night.

High yesterday was 39°. Today's forecast is 43° with overnight 31°.

I have always worn sunglasses when outside, that is probably why I don't have as much cataract problems. I love the transition lenses! I don't have a problem with the sun when driving unless it is straight on in my face. I'm excited to get my new glasses!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

158 this morning.

Grammabear, I really know very little when it comes to tea. I just read ingredients on what my wife chooses, and tried to head in that direction, as there are a great many herbs available. I can say that slippery elm is great for the throat, but beyond that it's the drinkers preference.

The last two nights we've the sort of full moon and clear skies that make for fantastical light. With snow in the trees, it's something to see.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 (meter) 103 (G6) this morning.

Wally - I read an article once about the price markup on eyeglass frames and it was something like 200% from that article.  So, Yes, they do make a definite profit on frames probably even the ones at WalMart.

bigskygal - I am excited for you to have new glasses, and now you will be able to see better too.

Tamagno - The view you have from the moonlight shining on the snow must be exquisite.  You are lucky in a way.  We have no snow but we do have cold north wind that blows hard, so I guess that is our winter for now.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Grammabear

skb - Please forgive my ignorance, but can you explain perhaps the way that your country suggests to eat Naan bread?  I bought a package of Naan bread, simply because it looked and smelled delicious.  There were only 5 pieces in the package and each piece was 53 carbs, so obviously I cut only a small piece off the larger piece.  I toasted the small piece and it was delicious.  I do miss bread sometimes.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  I remember when living up on the mountain on a clear night after it had snowed the full moon created a really magical scene.  One of the things I miss about living there.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this lightly snowing morning.

43° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 39° for a high with overnight of 25°.Every now and then there is a small snowfall hardly anything sticks.

Even though I am in the valley when there is snow on the ground and the trees and there is a full moon it is magical here too. When there is sun and the snow sparkles like glitter it is magical too.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on December 13, 2019, 09:22:14 AMskb - Please forgive my ignorance, but can you explain perhaps the way that your country suggests to eat Naan bread?  I bought a package of Naan bread, simply because it looked and smelled delicious.  There were only 5 pieces in the package and each piece was 53 carbs, so obviously I cut only a small piece off the larger piece.  I toasted the small piece and it was delicious.  I do miss bread sometimes.

I found this in answer to your question. Personally, I haven't eaten naan, paratha, roti or any other carby breads for over a decade now. We make our own keto bread in loaf like configurations, which is then cut into slices and used for sandwiches.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

168 this morning.

Thanks for that link on eating naan and Indian food in general, SKB. I used to love some of  New York city's better Indian restaurants and, while I always used utensils, had many a fine meal scooping things up with pieces of naan and drinking too much ice cold ale. Once I was dining with a friend who complained the air conditioning was leaking water on his face only to discover it was his vindaloo causing him to sweat from it's fiery heat. Fun times!

Nearly 50 this morning which promises to stay throughout the day (albeit with rain) until tomorrow morning when cold returns.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 14, 2019, 04:25:19 AMThanks for that link on eating naan and Indian food in general, SKB. I used to love some of  New York city's better Indian restaurants and, while I always used utensils, had many a fine meal scooping things up with pieces of naan and drinking too much ice cold ale. Once I was dining with a friend who complained the air conditioning was leaking water on his face only to discover it was his vindaloo causing him to sweat from it's fiery heat. Fun times!
;D Yes, the Vindaloo is a very spicy Goan dish. India has so many sub-cultures and each has their own cuisine which is cooked and eaten a bit differently. But yes, by and large almost all Indians eat with their hands, with the probable exception of my son who is educated in Europe and the US.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

132 this morning.

I enjoy the history of naan bread and the Indian cultures.  My Dad used to enjoy using bread when he ate - much to my mother's dismay.  She was always worried about 'what other people would think'.  Thanks to skb and Tamagno for a very interesting read.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Weather Channel is talking about a winter storm starting on the West Coast this weekend and going across the US to the East Coast by Tuesday.  Cold weather and rain/snow apparently in the future.  It is too far North to affect here except we will get wind. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

120 this snowy morning.

High yesterday was 40°. Woke up to about an inch of new snow and it is ever so lightly snowing again now. Forecast for today is 36° with overnight of 22°. No snow in the forecast for here until next Fri., Sat., and Sunday.

Thanks for the article skb, I really enjoyed it. I do love Indian food, I enjoyed every minute of eating when I was there in 2000 for a month.

Tamagno

149 this morning.

The constantly changing habits of food and etiquette we find ourselves surrounded by are fascinating. Currently, it appears the "hip" thing is "bowls." Evidently, you can put most anything in your bowl (far preferably vegan) and that's your meal. If you also can not only eat but prepare it using reusable chop sticks you're at the head of the class. The scheme has a certain appeal of economy and ease, but somehow leaves me thinking I'm being sold something I don't especially want.

Grammabear

115 this morning.

It fascinates me the way different countries and their people have different ways of eating.  For example, I don't see how people from the Orient are so proficient at eating with chop sticks.  When ever I try it, I seem to end up wearing the food item down the front of my shirt. 

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  I tried to post earlier and kept getting an error saying the server was down so I waited for a while.  All seems good now.  Cooler here and still quite windy but no rain/snow. 
I never was able to use chopsticks worth a darn but a meal in a bowl is something I make from time to time.  For me it is just what sounds good and what is on hand.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023