You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

117 this partly cloudy morning.

36° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast 33° with maybe snow in the afternoon. Overnight 19°.

My first husband was Chinese so I became quite proficient using chopsticks. My first cooking lessons were from my MIL. Over the years, I have lost some of the skill but when needed, it seems to mostly come back. Second DH was Hungarian, whole different set of cooking skills required!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 15, 2019, 11:50:38 AMI tried to post earlier and kept getting an error saying the server was down so I waited for a while.  All seems good now.

Yes Wally, there is some problem with tons of bots, mostly from MSN, crawling the site, generating 1000s of errors. There is some issue with the current s/w and these bots trying to surf through the Smileys. It's something the devs are aware of and working on. Things might be a bit slow for sometime.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on December 15, 2019, 01:32:26 PMMy first husband was Chinese so I became quite proficient using chopsticks. My first cooking lessons were from my MIL. Over the years, I have lost some of the skill but when needed, it seems to mostly come back. Second DH was Hungarian, whole different set of cooking skills required!

Both of these countries have lovely cuisine. I love the Hungarian goulash.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

185 this morning.

Hmm, Sino-Serb fusion cuisine - lots of possibilities.

My wife made lasagna yesterday and used the recipe she always uses from an old Betty Crocker cook book. It was really good and got dinner guests talking about how everyone has a favorite lasagna they make and think is the best. These ranged everywhere from no seasoning at all, to ketchup for tomato sauce to putting raisins in the sauce. This all contained in what would be considered northeast U.S. traditional Italian cooking, while I'd consider any I mentioned basically inedible. Doubtless regional cooking everywhere is similar.

Growing up, garlic was taboo as were most all spices beyond salt and pepper. These things sure do change and I guess we adapt (or, in some cases, not).

No reason, I suppose, you couldn't make deconstructed lasagna, throw it in a bowl and eat it with chopsticks or your hand.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

157 this morning.

Definitely not happy with having to take steroid ear drops for my ear infection.  The PA (physician's assistant) insisted that the steroids would not both my glucose control.  However she forgets that I have a perforated eardrum and the drops go beyond the spot where they were intended to be.  Hopefully the infection will respond favorably.

I love lasagna and whatever version would be welcome at my house.  I would have to pre bolus however.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  High winds South West of here but sunny and calm here.  It looks like we will be in the mid to low 50s for the week.
Grammabear, hope you are able to get over the infection.  An ear infection doesn't sound like fun.
I still avoid any kind of pasta but I do like Zoodles once in a while.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this crisp mostly clear morning.

35° was the high yesterday. Woke up to another inch of new snow. Today's forecast is 36° with overnight 16°.

Mmmm lasagna.... one year when I was visiting my DD for my birthday she made a yummy lasagna using eggplant slices instead of pasta. Once in a blue moon when they have lasagna in the hot bar at the grocery store, I will cut a slim slice of it for dinner. Maybe twice a year...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

159 this morning.

I find little to no taste difference substituting pasta with zoodles, eggplant or nothing. When eating my wife's with real pasta, I just eat around it - it's just the other flavors I want.

Ear infections are nasty, painful things Grammabear. I'd think they'd have you on antibiotics, but then that opens another whole can of worms.

Cold here, but there's just a little snow so far...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Tamagno - I agree, ear infections are not fun.  I am on a combination steroid and antibiotic called Ciprodex.  Today is my last day on it I hope.  A little bottle of the stuff cost me $65 as a copay.

A very light dusting of snow here and not likely to be a white Christmas here.  Doesn't seem right somehow.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  We were at 25° for our overnight low.   ~shvr~   I didn't see that coming and neither did the forecasters.  It now looks like that will be the same for at least the next couple of days.  There is still a chance of rain on Christmas and if this keeps up it could even be some of the white stuff.  That would be a hoot !
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

106 this chilly morning.

The high yesterday was 31°. Todays forecast is 35° with overnight of 15°. No snow anywhere in the forecast for 10 days out. Still enough on the ground to be whiter outside.

Just got the call that my new glasses are ready so I am going to make a quick run up to town to pick them up. Not what I had planned for today, but I will be glad to have  the new glasses.

Tamagno

145 this morning.

The last couple of years, UPS/FedEx/USPS delivery have decided that braving the dirt roads to my place is too scary. They simply say that they attempted delivery, but gosh-darn it, something came up. A frustrating turn of events for which I've not yet found a solution.

Nothing but cold today likely not even rising to freezing.

Grammabear

87 this morning.

A gentleman came to our door yesterday and said he ran out of gas.  Asked if we had a gas can with enough gas in it so he could make it to a nearby gas station about a mile away.  Turns out our gas can had maybe a gallon or a little more.  The gentleman brought the gas can back when he was finished using it and he left the can FULL.  In all the years we are here, there are very few people who bring the can back much less bring it back FULL when it wasn't full to begin with.  It does restore one's faith in your fellow human beings.

Tamagno - Perhaps you could have a video doorbell installed to monitor these "attempts" by the delivery services.  That way you could know if they even tried to deliver packages.  People in this part of the country are using these types of doorbells to monitor the type of people that go around stealing packages from other people's porches.  It sure helps law enforcement catch some of these thieves.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  A bit warmer this morning at 27° !  The chance of rain Christmas is getting less here but it still looks like there will be snow in the mountains and passes which will snarl holiday traffic for sure.
Tamagno, I used to have the same experience with deliveries in winter weather and I lived right on a state highway, no dirt road.  We were about 15 miles from the nearest group of homes in the direction they came from and "attempted delivery" was the code for I just didn't want to go that far out of my way.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

110 this morning.

The high yesterday was 30° It looks like 29° is going to be the high for today.

I do live on a dirt road and have no problems with UPS or FedEx making deliveries. However every once in a while one of the substituted mail people will refuse to drive down it when it is muddy.