You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on December 18, 2019, 09:00:54 AMA gentleman came to our door yesterday and said he ran out of gas.  Asked if we had a gas can with enough gas in it so he could make it to a nearby gas station about a mile away.  Turns out our gas can had maybe a gallon or a little more.  The gentleman brought the gas can back when he was finished using it and he left the can FULL.  In all the years we are here, there are very few people who bring the can back much less bring it back FULL when it wasn't full to begin with.  It does restore one's faith in your fellow human beings.

That was a nice gesture on your part and he repaid it and then some. There is goodness in people. Sure, we do get a lot of bad examples in day to day life, but when something like that happens, it is reassuring.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

185 this morning.

Saw my oncologist yesterday. Good news is no sign of the cancer returning. Some new things cropped up though that'll have to be addressed, plus the usual warnings about weight (I remain at 110 lbs no matter what). But, I'm still breathing so I'll take it!

Bitter cold here, but I've got to go down to Costco this morning for meds. Hopefully get back before things get nuts out there.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

111 this morning.

Tamagno - I am glad to hear your mostly good news.  Keep up the good work.  We don't have a Costco near us, but I've heard good things about it.  Are their prices fair when it comes to meds?

It is not very warm here at 19 deg F, but weatherman says a warm up is coming and we will not have a white Christmas.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  We were at 24° for an overnight low and at 7:30 AM it is still at 24°.  Our high yesterday was 49° so for here it really does feel like winter. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

116 this partly cloudy morning.

High yesterday was 29°. Forecast for today is 34° with overnight at 29°. It has been consistently colder at night than the forecasts.

Yesterday while I was out running errands I discovered a new Amish run grocery store near me. I had watched the building going up but had no idea what it was going to be. Yesterday as I drove by I saw a new sign on the road, "Farm to Table Heritage Market". On my way home I went in to check it out. Lots of interesting things: tons of veggies and fruit in glass canning jars, items I haven't seen before and some I have. Came home with Amish roll butter, dried vegetable chips, chicken bone broth, a tasty aged asiago cheese spread, and just couldn't resist a small jar of zesty bread and butter pickles! Those will be rationed out, they are sooo good!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

151 this morning.

Grammabear, I only buy one med at Costco because at CVS it's $600 and at Costco $50. Otherwise, for most things Costco is much like the others - some good and some not so good.

Still really cold here...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Tamagno - Wow..That is a big price difference.  It definitely is to your advantage to get that med at Costco. It is not very warm here either at 23 deg F.

bigskygal - It sounds like you found a nice market.  In our part of the country, there are Amish settlements that grow vegetables in a greenhouse year around.  There food offerings are highly sought after.  I hope you enjoy your purchases.

Wally - Isn't your weather a bit unusual for this time of year?  How do people handle such a drop in temperatures?  Here we have seasonal clothing which includes a heavier coat, hat, scarf and gloves in order to stay even a little bit warm.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  It warmed up with an overnight low of 28° and yesterday we got up to 54°.  The chance of rain is increasing for next week so we may see some moisture but it should be too warm for snow so maybe a wet but not white Christmas. 
Grammabear, no the cold is not unusual at all for here.  This is the desert and it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter.  Nearer to the coast the ocean helps to keep temperature a lot milder but we have a mountain range between the coast and here.  Rain and snow are unusual here so we are not used to that.  We have winter clothes here also and because I used to work outside, regardless of the weather, I also have long johns and heavy coats and gloves.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Thank You Wally for teaching me about the weather where you live.  I have not ever been out west so I have no exposure as to how the weather is for you folks.  I have a relative who lives in NM and she says it gets quite warm during the day and can get downright cold at night.  They also have warm clothes at the ready should the weather give them a "surprise".
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

115 this morning.

35° was the high yesterday. It rained overnight and with a temp of 46° already, most of the snow is gone. Won't be a White Christmas here unless something drastically changes. Forecast fir today is 51° with overnight of 31°

Yes Grammabear, it is a great little market and will be a nice addition to the 2 other grocery stores in town. I forgot to look for free range eggs there. I'm hoping they have them.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

106 this morning.

Still single-digit cold here - ten degrees warmer would be enough.

That, plus last-minute shopping means a good day to stay indoors, unless I decide I've got to bring wood in today.

Good day for some cooking...

Grammabear

91 this morning.

Our younger son and grandson arrived for the Christmas holiday.  My son brought his new pup who is a real joy to watch.  If only the pup could give some of his energy to the rest of us.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Warming up with an overnight low of 32° and a high of 56° yesterday so not so bad.  It is looking like we have a pretty good chance of rain Sunday night and Monday and then a lower chance on Christmas day.  Happy Winter Solstice to all of those in the Northern Hemisphere.  Now the days will be getting longer !   ~wut~
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

112 this partly cloudy morning.

49° was the high yesterday. There is a small chance of rain this afternoon. Forecast is for a high of 62° with overnight low of 29°. I don't see it getting that warm as it is only 49° right now.

I really need to get busy packing up the boxes of gifts for the grands. They are used to getting my box after Christmas, so nothing new here... I want to mail Monday.

Tamagno

150 this morning.

I've only just seen my calendar and date and seem suddenly to notice it's only a few days til Christmas. Of course, I also shortly realized there's nothing I have to do.