You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

114 this Christmas morning.

37° was the high yesterday. Forecast for today is 34° with overnight of 18°. No snow in forecast until Sunday.

It is 32° right now, Merry Christmas from a cold Montana! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

180 this morning.

It was pretty quiet here for us on Christmas Day. A few years ago we began requesting (demanding, really) no gifts. It's taken awhile, but it appears we've succeeded. (No reason, after all, for people with children and grandchildren to be spending their money buying us stuff we really don't need).

I'm constantly reminded, however, of the many people struggling with disease, whether diabetes, cancer or endless others. Daily I offer prayers that they can receive healing, peace and rest - I pray the same for you all and recognize that healing as the best possible gift.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

126 this morning.

Thank you Tamagno for the healing prayers.  I believe many of us can use them.

We had our family home for Christmas which is rare given that they live in far different locations.  It was good to see them again.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Well, it started to rain around 1:30 AM and so far we have just a little over 3/4 of an inch.  No snow here but quite a lot surrounding us.  Some areas that are nearby and at the same altitude have received over a foot of snow so far.  The mountains are going to see a lot more.
Yeah Tamagno, healing, peace and rest are a blessing for sure.  It is a shame we can't package that and gift it but praying for others to be better is a great gift.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this blue sky morning.

34° was the high yesterday. It is 28° right now, high forecast is 33° with overnight low of 16°.

Finally got the last 3 boxes off in the mail. Yay! I too request no gifts. My kids usually send photos of their kids done up really nice and framed. I do appreciate that.

Thanks Tamagno prayers are always gratefully accepted.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 26, 2019, 05:23:53 AMI'm constantly reminded, however, of the many people struggling with disease, whether diabetes, cancer or endless others. Daily I offer prayers that they can receive healing, peace and rest - I pray the same for you all and recognize that healing as the best possible gift.

Thank you John for your beautiful thoughts and wishes. I wish you, and all members of DP the same.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

168 this morning.

Looks like it'll be warmer here today. I think I really need to get out of the house - somehow I was convinced today was Thursday, but, of course it's Friday.

Well, at least some of the crowds down in the shopping district should have dissipated. If I stay in too much, it seems I easily lose track of the days. Seems no point in using up gas if I've nowhere in particular to go.

Anyway, I've got both venison liver and calf liver that's wanting to be cooked and I need a couple of things to give it a good marinade, so I'm off to the grocery this morning.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

163 this morning.

Losing track of days is something I wonder about too as my husband just retired before Christmas.  We don't do a lot of errands and usually go to the grocery once or maybe twice a week.

Good Luck John with cooking the liver.  What ingredients do you use for the marinade?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  Well, we ended up with 1.65 inches of rain for a total yesterday which is a lot for here.  There was a little bit of snow mixed in with the rain part of the time but nothing stuck.  Next storm is expected on Monday.  I have been retired for almost 10 years and surprisingly I don't seem to have a problem keeping track of which day of the week it is but I keep notes on my calendar so maybe that helps.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this mostly cloudy morning.

29° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 30° with overnight of 19°. Snow in forecast for Sunday, then again for Wed, Thur, and Fri. But of course that could change...

When I first retired I did have times when I lost what day it was, but as I settled in and created new routines it pretty much went away. Though I do still cross off each day on the calendar on the kitchen wall!  ;D

Tamagno

268 this morning.

Obviously, first thing out of bed this morning, I changed my insertion set...

Grammabear, for liver (especially venison), I give it a good wash and trim and then soak it in buttermilk overnight. That gets dried with paper towels well - you really want the blood out - and then I put it in another marinade of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Marsala wine, cayenne, salt and pepper, some Dijon mustard and a little pure sucralose. After that, it gets dried off again and usually sautéed in butter with onion, garlic and salt, etc.

I don't often lose track of days since I retired, but might well miss the year (don't you just love Ike?)...

Grammabear

131 this morning.

It has only been one week since my husband retired and already we have both forgotten what day it is.  We had company for the Christmas holiday so we were busy cooking and visiting with them.  But last night after they left, we tidied up a little and then sat down to some reading time.  We looked at each other and wonder "what day is it?"  Do you all have a specific day for grocery shopping?  When hubby was working, we were forced to go on the weekends, which neither of us really liked.  Our routine now seems a bit unsettled at the moment.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  Bright and sunny today but the snow level from Thursdays storm was only about 200 feet higher than where I am. I went out to do some errands yesterday and we are surrounded by snow covered hills and mountains, really pretty.  We are supposed to have another storm with rain and possibly snow starting Sunday night through Monday.  I know these storms can get nasty as they move to the East but we sure can use them here. 
Grammabear, I think it takes a little time to get used to not having a routine you are required to follow when working after you retire.  I have learned to enjoy the freedom to do things when it is convenient instead of when I have to.  I think forgetting what day it is really is not a problem.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

113 this mostly clear morning.

29° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 31° with overnight of 21° Snow still in the forecast for Sunday, and Wed, Thur, Fri. Think I'm going to make a grocery store run today just in case it gets bad.

Grammabear, as Wally said it takes a bit to get used to not having to go to work every day. You'll settle into new routines soon enough. I usually grocery shop on Mondays only because I have to go out to take my garbage up to the road so since I am out that is when I do errands. Or if I have a dr appt, I'll do errands that day. I am basically a hermit I don't go out much.

Tamagno

119 this morning.

New routines are definitely a quality of retirement that takes getting used to. I'm not sure, for example, my wife always appreciates my ideas on organization of things. It can be a whole new challenge for marriages any number of ways.

By the way, my wife (having observed my daily vacuuming) gave me a Roomba for my birthday. I'd looked into these recently plus, having had one, um, 30 years ago, had dismissed them. I was amazed on unboxing how heavy and sturdy it is. Set up was extremely easy, and I'm very pleasantly surprised how well it works. It goes over area rugs onto hardwood easily and even seems to negotiate door saddles well. Of course, I no longer have pet fur/dander, but it even got under a lot of furniture I often miss. When it's battery gets low, it takes itself back to its charging station. Pretty amazing in the right house - it even responds to Alexa commands.

One less daily chore...