You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

120 this morning.

Grammabear, my latest phone is a Samsung I got from Tracfone refurbished for $25 and it's been working great and solid; you can't beat the price for a smart phone, I think.

Still cold this morning at 18 with a high at least getting above freezing today.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

110 this morning.

Getting my refurbished phone was a real challenge.  I had backed up the apps, info and pictures from the old phone to the icloud.  So that part of transferring information was quite easy.  However getting the Dexcom app to work on the new phone was a bummer.  I called Dexcom and she told me to do a hard reset on my phone which would have erased all the pertinent information I had just worked so hard to put on there.  I later figured out my problems and now I'm wondering why that young woman is working in the 'tech support' department.  Anyway, you got an exceptionally good deal.  Another place that is interesting to visit is woot.com.  They have all kinds of good deals on various products so I am told.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

108 this morning.  Surprised to see the temp at 41° this morning and it is crystal clear.  Certainly not complaining and feeling for those of you dealing with really low temps. 
I was with Verizon and got my iPhone through them but it was expensive.  With the monthly payment on the phone and the service my bill was $105 a month, just for me.  I finally purchased my phone and went with Consumer Cellular and my monthly bill is now $23 a month with unlimited text and calling and 1 GB of data a month.  I am quite happy with that.  Smart phones are amazing with the amount of computer capabilities they have but gosh they are expensive.  Tamagno, I think you did good !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

It was -3°F when I went to bed last night, it hasn't gotten over 12° so far today. Overnight tonight predicted to be 10° so a bit warmer...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 10, 2019, 09:44:56 AM
I finally purchased my phone and went with Consumer Cellular and my monthly bill is now $23 a month with unlimited text and calling and 1 GB of data a month.  I am quite happy with that.  Smart phones are amazing with the amount of computer capabilities they have but gosh they are expensive.  Tamagno, I think you did good !

I've purchased a group scheme from Vodafone and pay around $ 7/- each. We all get 500 calls, 500 SMS & 1 GB data free, every month. Whatever is not used accrues to the others, so we hardly ever pay anything extra.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

128 this morning.

Smart phones are so expensive! It never ceases to amaze me how ubiquitous they are and the monthly fees that are usual with iPhones connected via Verizon or AT&T. Lots of people with huge monthly bills out there for all their tech.

I've been using a new weather app called Dark Sky that seems good. Among other things, it allows you to look at prior years and dates to settle all those talks about how much better/worse/colder/hotter/drier/wetter it was last year or whenever.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

127 this morning.

My cell phone service bill is reasonable through Boost Mobile.  I used to have a 'pay as you go' plan but that was eliminated, so I chose the next cheapest one.  I don't make a lot of calls, so don't need all those bells and whistles.

I got a phone call bright and early this morning from my diabetic supplier.  She told me that I had not been seen by my doctor since last September and Medicare rules require you are seen every 3 months in order to have insurance coverage on pump supplies, insulin etc.  Now I have to call the Dr office and ask WHY they told them I had not been seen in December.  My calendar says I was seen 12-11-18 at 1:00 p.m.  Makes me really annoyed when I have to pay for supplies because of someone else's mistake.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Well, 30° at 7:00 AM but it should be warming up.  Now a prediction of rain Wednesday at 90%.
Tamagno, I am going to have to check out that weather app.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

126 this snowy morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

About 2" of new snow overnight, and it has been very lightly snowing all day. About another inch. Warmer today 24°F high and overnight predicted 20°.

I'm going to check out that app too Tamagno!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on February 11, 2019, 09:57:29 AM
I got a phone call bright and early this morning from my diabetic supplier.  She told me that I had not been seen by my doctor since last September and Medicare rules require you are seen every 3 months in order to have insurance coverage on pump supplies, insulin etc.  Now I have to call the Dr office and ask WHY they told them I had not been seen in December.  My calendar says I was seen 12-11-18 at 1:00 p.m.  Makes me really annoyed when I have to pay for supplies because of someone else's mistake.

Won't they correct the mistake in the record ? You are actually going to have to pay?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

144 this morning.

That's really lousy, Grammabear! I don't know if there's a way for your doc to correct their error or not (Medicare does "surprise" visits to doctors to go through records and they're very picky and love big fines for providers). Once again, it looks like you'll have to stay on top of that schedule to make sure it's all done correctly. I'll be curious to hear if you'll be able to get some sort of redress.

We're due for some heavy snow starting around noon. It turns to rain later and I guess we'll see whether or not that turns to ice. Either way, it's sounding fairly nasty. I need to make a run to Costco to pick up some meds, but may have to delay that.

Grammabear

92 this morning.

I was on the phone for a long time both with the supplier and the doctor's office.  As a end result, I was told the mistake was fixed, but past experience tells me that only time will tell.  I will wait and see if I get a bill or the supplies in the mail.

We got an ice storm, not sure how much we got, but roads, trees, and vehicles are covered.  Hazardous driving conditions causing many very bad accidents.  Be careful Tamagno when you go out.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  A bit on the cool side with an overnight low of 24° but heading to 51° later.  It now is looking like a 70% chance of rain here tomorrow and Thursday but it is also supposed to be windy.  When we get wind, a lot of the time it doesn't rain.
Grammabear, what a pain trying to fix others mistakes.  I hope it works out.
Tamagno, I know sometimes you don't have a choice but be careful. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

119 this cloudy morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear so sorry you had to deal with that, I hope it is sorted out now.

It got up to 42°F today so there was some melting. Snow is in the forecast for the next three days. I'm kind of hoping that doesn't come true... The wind is picking up right now, that never makes me happy!

Tamagno

140 this morning.

Hopefully, Grammabear, that is, indeed fixed! A pity Medicare EOBs are completely incomprehensible...

Weather here pretty much as predicted yesterday with snow covered in ice. I didn't make it to Costco, but did get to the grocery before it all started around 10am. I'm supposed to see my oncologist this morning, but I may have to postpone it as predictions are for sleet continuing this morning with temperatures below freezing all day. Costco will have to wait until Thursday.