You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

116 this morning.

The weather lady on last evening's newscast said our area got .5 inches of ice everywhere.  It looks pretty on the trees and bushes but it sure is not nice to drive on.  It took my husband a good deal longer to drive home from work as he was only going 25 mph on a 55 mph roadway.  Hopefully we get a break today and will see the sun, and then it starts all over again tomorrow.  Ya just can't win some days.   :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  We may get some rain today but the biggest storm is expected tomorrow.  The Mammoth Mountain Ski area is reporting 210 inches of snow and expecting another 24 inches between today and tomorrow.  Deepest snow for any location in the lower 48 and they expect to be open for skiing through July 4ht. 
I don't envy any of you that have to drive in the ice and snow.  I used to when I lived on the mountain and had to drive to work.  Biggest thing for me was to just take it slow and steady.  I saw a lot of wrecks and people going off the road and it was always from going too fast.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

124 this cloudy morning, 114 at bedtime last night.  Feeling kind of off the last few days, sure don't want to be getting sick!

Mild temps again today, high was 42°F overnight predicted 20°. Light snow on and off, but none of it stuck, the piles of snow are slowly melting.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

111 this morning.

It was fairly nasty out yesterday until the afternoon when there was enough heat and sun to clear things up some. Certainly wouldn't want that 24" you note, Wally!

Yesterday was one of those days when eating at all produced nausea and fatigue. I've no idea why that is, but when that's happening there's nothing for it but to stay close to bed and wait for it to pass. I've a doctors note qualifying me to purchase medical marijuana that definitely helps it, but among the side effects are sleep, so it seems there's little point in going to the trouble and expense. Of course, the other big side effect is marked stupidity...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.

Yesterday we had sunshine and almost above freezing temperatures.  Maybe it will reach that point today and some of this ice will begin to melt.  I drove to town yesterday and the main roads were fine but as soon as I reached the city limits, the ice and ruts were really bad.

Tamagno - when I have nausea and fatigue, I use a product from Walgreen's called "Motion Sickness Relief."  It is called meclizine and do check with your doctor if it would be permissible for you. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  It started raining here about 4:00 Am and so far we have just over 1/4 inch.  It has stopped right now but we are supposed to see more through the day.  Closer to the coast they are seeing much heavier rain and expect some areas to get 4-5 inches which is bad news for some of the burn areas where there will be flooding and mud slides. 
Tamagno, the 24 inches is in the High Sierras and the ski resorts there are enjoying it.  It's really good for business. 
Hope you are feeling better.  Nausea from eating can't be easy to deal with.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

130 this cloudy morning, 117 at bedtime last night. Woke up to a huge bloody nose, it was a bear to get it stopped. That probably didn't help the bg...

Hope you feel better quickly Tamagno.

It got up to 40° today and was melting nicely, then at 2PM it started snowing and hasn't stopped yet. I was hoping for enough melting to be able to get out easily tomorrow to run errands. May have to wait until Saturday, I don't like shopping on the weekend as it is so much busier every where.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on February 14, 2019, 04:10:52 AMOf course, the other big side effect is marked stupidity...

;D you remain your witty self even in your discomfort. Hope you're better today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

184 this morning.

Grammabear, I'll give that a try. I was much better yesterday for reasons that elude me. Hopefully the same today.

Got an e-mail yesterday from Yale Hospital inviting me to participate in an artificial pancreas study. I declined as it's too far away and sounds risky especially assuming it's a double blind study. Besides, it's two hours away.

Warmer today with temperatures approaching 50, but rainy. Any forays to stores, etc. will be short making it I think a quiet day.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on February 15, 2019, 05:53:25 AM
Got an e-mail yesterday from Yale Hospital inviting me to participate in an artificial pancreas study. I declined as it's too far away and sounds risky especially assuming it's a double blind study. Besides, it's two hours away.

That's probably the one that pumps insulin and glucagon alternatively. It was labelled as "Bionic Pancreas". Should be worth a try. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

101 this morning.

Yesterday we hit almost 50 deg F, today it is 6 deg with a high of 20 deg F.  We do have lots of sunshine so far, which makes for a nice day to do errands.

Yesterday also helped melt the inch thick ice on our driveway.  Still treacherous just walking to get the mail.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We ended up with just over 1/2 inch of rain yesterday which is good.  So far we are at 5.5 inches for the year and our average annual rainfall is 4.27 inches.  All of California is getting higher than normal rain and snow which is sure welcome.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

118 this cloudy morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

2" of new snow overnight, but it got up to 42° today so it is melting. My neighbor plowed my driveway so I can get out tomorrow to shop.

Tamagno

127 this morning.

I don't know, SKB, about the specifics of the study. Trying to balance between insulin and glucagon sounds pretty tricky.

Temperatures from 18 to 41 today. These wide ranges look to be every day for the next week or two.

Grammabear

113 this morning.

We are to reach 30 deg F today so hopefully some of the ice will melt.  We, too, have had much more moisture than usual for our area.  Weather lady said something like 32 inches of snow since Jan 1, 2019. 

Barbara - Hope you enjoy your shopping trip.  It is nice to have a neighbor to plow the driveway so you can get out easier.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021