You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

Quote from: bigskygal on March 01, 2019, 04:54:43 PM
111 this morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

It was -5°F when I got up this morning! It got up to 30° with some sun! Unfortunately my plow guy is not responding to my calls so I am still snowed in.  :(

~shvr~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  We got about 1/3 inch of rain overnight and may get a bit more today.  It's not cold, right now 50°, and we can use the rain.  Another storm system is shaping up for Tuesday. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

125 this clear cold morning. Didn't take a bedtime reading, just went to bed early.

I found a terrific snow plow guy! My neighbor gave me a name but he didn't have a big enough plow so he sent me to another guy that came within an hour and did a great job! He ended up doing two of my neighbor's driveways too. I'm free at last!

Grammabear, I did call my guy twice and on the third try his mailbox was full. I think he may be on vacation...

We are under a Wind Chill warning for overnight with temps down to -30°! Today the high was 20°. May be some snow overnight but I hope not!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

bigskygal - So pleased to learn you are no longer snowed in and get out if you desire.  It is frustrating to not be able to get out of one's driveway even if you don't have any errands or such.  Stay warm and safe in that cold weather.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

100 this morning.

BigSkyGal, -30 is just too cold! Good deal you found a new plow guy.

I'm definitely a convert to the liquid bandage and cotton gloves ideas.I'd gotten something called "New Skin" that also contains neosporin. The stuff effectively fills deeper cracks and when covered with lotion and gloves has made a huge improvement very quickly. Thanks all!

Snow's still in the forecast for today, but I think less than the original 11" that was forecast.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

125 this morning.

It is cold here also at 12 deg.F with wind chills of -25 deg F predicted.  Very good day to stay inside and do household chores.

My husband donated his 10th gal of whole blood last Friday.  He received a lovely blue fleece lap blanket in observance of that milestone.  My Father had donated his 8th gal when their rules decided that 70 yrs old was the 'cut-off' date for donating.  My brother also donates but I'm not sure of the amount.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  Rain is gone for now and clear skies with mild temps.  Kind of slept in this morning so running late.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

115 this blue sky morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

No more snow in forecast until next Friday, but it is cold! It was 5° when I got up this morning, high was 19° with overnight prediction of -10°.

Grammabear, congrats to your DH for the donations! I was a regular donor until I got cancer, now they don't seem to want my blood even though I am over 5.5 years cancer free.  I'll be 70 in J use, don't know if there is an age cutoff here.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

79 this morning.

Good for your husband, Grammabear! Ten gallons seems like a great deal of blood.

Can't see how much yet, but it definitely snowed quite a bit last night; looks to be around 8" from what I can tell until there's more light. Still below freezing all day, but I think no more snow for a couple of days.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Grammabear  ~klp~ for your husband.

Considering that at a time only about 1/3 of a litre can be drawn, that's some consistent blood donation.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

71 this morning.

It is -2 deg F so far today with a wind chill of -22 deg F.  It just 'feels' cold inside the house.  Very tempting to stay in the nice warm bed a while longer today.

My husband donates about every 58 days I think, which is the guidelines for regular donations.  He sometimes takes the summer off but begins again in the Fall season.  He is blessed with good health and a strong body, so he feels he should give back to others who may not be so fortunate.

Thank you all for your kind comments about his donations.  He would like to think that if he needed the blood, that someone would step up and do the same for him.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  Bright and sunny today but we should see rain tomorrow and Wednesday. This should be a great year for wild flowers and they have already started in the desert areas further south.  It is a bit early for here but we should see something soon. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Carbcrazydog

To everyone who has been a part of my journey....my daughter turned 4 on 24th. I remember counting days with many of you here on the other group and have always maintained that my daughter has been lucky for people around the world waiting for her to be born. I remember 4 years back, everyone would post asking "is the baby here yet?" And all this was just because i had GD with my first born and found all of you.

No one enjoys diabetes but you all remain my silver lining.

Thanks for all the love and blessings and i am going to try and be more of a regular once my meter is up and running- batteries died.

walkerwally1

Hi CCD, good to hear from you.  Hope all is well. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

109 this clear morning, 112 at bedtime last night.

High today was 20°, but it dropped to 18° by early afternoon. Overnight prediction 2°. Snow in forecast for Thursday and Friday. Hope not Thur as I have my gastro appointment in the afternoon.

Ran errands today and really stocked up again, just in case.

My late DH had 26 units of blood transfused the last 6 months of his life that is whyI started donating. From 1998 to 2013, I donated regularly. I have no idea how much because about half was in CA and the rest here in MT.

CCD so good to hear from you!