You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Hello Paulomi,

Nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.
Belated happy birthday to your daughter.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

119 this morning.

Good to hear from you, Paulomi; Happy Birtyday to your daughter!

Colder here the next few days with highs in the 20s. Thankfully, the sun rises higher and earlier, so it doesn't feel so bitter. Amazingly, I believe daylight savings ends this weekend...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

127 this morning.

I have to see the GP for a diabetic check which happens every 3 months whether I need it or not.  Definitely not looking forward to this appointment.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  It is supposed to start raining here after noon and through tonight and tomorrow.  Never get tired of rain here in the desert.
Actually daylight saving time starts this Sunday and we all will have to start the day an hour earlier.  It will be light longer but it will be dark in the morning again for a while. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

93 this partly cloudy morning, 91 at bedtime last night.

It continues to be very cold, -10° when I went to bed last night, -5° when I got up today. High was 20°, overnight prediction 15° so that is a great improvement! Once again there is snow in the forecast for Thursday, I just hope that is wrong!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

199 this morning.

Still very cold here and will be until the weekend (not quite so bad as Montana, though, BigSkyGal). Surely can't last much longer...

Since the discussion about cracked skin treatment, I've taken to using a stylus most all the time. Actually, I like the way they work while avoiding so much smudging of screens.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

104 this morning.

Our temperature so far today is just 11 deg F which combined with a northwest wind makes it very cold here.  I am longing for warmer weather where I can go outside without many winter clothes. 

Tamagno - Thanks for the stylus reminder.  I ordered something from Amazon yesterday and of course forgot the stylus.  Have to put it on my next order.  My phone screen does get smeared up a lot.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  It started raining around 5 PM last night and it is still raining this morning.  So far we have received 1.45 inches and I think that is the most we have had in a 24 hour period this season.  It should be out of here this morning.  We may see a little bit over the week end. 
I don't use the stylus on my iPad because it is large enough my fingers work just fine but I do use it on my phone if I need to enter text.  I have a hard time hitting the right keys on the small keyboard.  I don't text.  If I need to say something to someone using my phone I talk to them, never got into texting and I really don't know how people do it with their thumbs !   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

122 this cloudy morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Have a small swelling under my right ear, not sure what is  with that, but will have gastro look at it tomorrow.

Woke to over an inch of unwanted new snow! There is an advisory for more snow overnight! Not happy about that at all! I don't usually mind the snow, but this Winter has been way too much!

Heard from DD today, new grandson will probably be another c-section as he is breach at this point. Looks like her wife will deliver 3-21. First boy, I have 5 granddaughters!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

207 this morning.

Congratulations, BigSkyGal; praying for a healthy birth!

Still very cold here today. We had a brief power outage this morning, but thankfully it didn't last. Unfortunately, everything was off just long enough to cause some problems getting back online - the price of all these electronics, I suppose.

In looking at my various modem/phone connections, I realized I've got to go through and revisit my set up. Well, at least I've a project for the day.

Grammabear

96 this morning.

bigskygal - You will enjoy being a grandmother again to a little boy.  Hopefully everything will go well and mother and child will be ok.  When do you get to see the new little guy?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Well, we ended up with 1.5 inches of rain yesterday which is a lot for here.  Then the wind picked up and it was really windy all day.  It looks like may/may not have any moisture over the week end.  it just depends on who you want to believe. 
Congratulations Barbara, I know you will enjoy a new grandson.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

110 this partly clear morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

Thanks everyone, I am really excited to have a grandson! I am going to CA to meet him at the end of May.

About an inch of new snow overnight, I am so ready for this winter to be over! At least it is warming up a little.

Gastro appointment today, hope he can come up with something for all the symptoms I don't have! /end sarcasm

skb

Congratulations Barbara. My grandson turned one on the 1st of March and I have yet to see him.

John, How did the project go ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

High this morning (insertion set failed during the night).

I did manage to rewire my modem yesterday, getting rid of an old VoIP modem that'd found itself still in use along with a rats nest of what seems the inevitable collection of useless connectors, etc. I hardwire as many of my devices as possible via Ethernet, and find I'm one port shy. Today I'll be wanting to decide on a solution for that. Shouldn't be a major problem.

Still cold this morning, but warming later with considerably higher temperatures this weekend.