You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

132 this morning.

If you watched the World News last night with David Muir, you heard him mention a story about Rockford, Il.  It is here that a 'suspect' shot and killed a U.S. Marshall trying to serve an arrest warrant on him.  The Marshall leaves behind a wife and two little children.  Rockford, IL is super close to my town and our whole area is mourning the loss of this veteran Marshall. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  There is a slight chance we may get a bit of rain over the weekend but I doubt it.
Tamagno, it is surprising how things get out of hand when you have added a couple of things here and there.  I recently re-did my nest of ugly wires and stuff and found some going nowhere.  A hub can add ports to your ethernet if needed.  I have an 8 port hub and only use two of those right now but it is there if I want.
Grammabear, it is sad but serving a warrant seems to be a very dangerous job. 
Barbara, hope your gastro appointment went OK and you got some answers.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 97 here too this morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

Warmer today, just under 40° overnight lows are still in the teens so not too much melting happening yet. They are predicting bad flooding as the feet of snow on the hills really starts to melt. I am the low point on my road and was badly flooded in 2014 last time it flooded. I am not looking forward to that again. I have to find someone to sandbag my place to try to keep my garage dry this time.

Well, not much from the gastro, he took 3 vials of blood to run some tests to see if there is scarring on my liver. I have to call him next week for the results. He doesn't understand why my onc wants another MRI so soon. He poked and prodded my belly with no resulting pain, I just don't know what to think any more.

My phone is acting up today. It was very hot when I unplugged it from the charger this morning, and the charge seems to be dropping quickly. I have put it on the charger a couple of times so far and it seems to be holding better. Sheesh, this phone is maybe only 6 months old!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

202 this morning.

Grammabear, I don't why anyone would go into law enforcement of any kind these days. My prayers for the Marshall's family...

Wally, I managed to get everything tidied up yesterday. Along the way, I discovered that the Ethernet cable from one computer was busted and swapped it out. I've got two Ethernet boxes I use, so was able to find the open ports I needed. Everything's working now...

BigSkyGal, I'm with you on the MRI; at this point I'm always opting out if I've a choice. Doesn't seem like that phone battery should be so hard to charge; you might try it from a different outlet and/or different charging cable to see if it helps.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

111 this morning.

During the approaching Spring months, I usually have to change my basal rates from Winter to Spring numbers.  The 'change over' is somewhat frustrating.  This is a yearly thing with me.

Yesterday our temperatures reached 39 and it was such a nice feeling to see the sun shinning without below zero weather.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  It looks like the rain has passed for now and nothing on the horizon.  It is supposed to be windy again today but so far it is calm.  Hopefully we will have a decent Spring before we get into the 100° days.
Tamagno, it is a bit of work but nice to get things sorted out.
Barbara, I don't know why you are having a problem with your phone but at least it is still under warranty.  Hope it straightens out.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this clear morning, 107 at bedtime last night!

It got up to 35º today some melting going on. Overnight prediction is 8°.

Went up to town to the AT&T store to get my phone looked at. Nothing wrong with the battery, it is at 100%. Apparently I had around 10,000 pages open in the background...didn't know just closing them didn't fully close them! Not the least tech savvy here! He deleted the flashlight app I was using saying it was really bad for the phone. There is a built in flashlight that I didn't know I had...(see not tech savvy above). He showed me how to totally close pages and cleaned the charging plug. He called it a lint trap and darned if there wasn't a little plug of lint in it! Probably because I carry my phone in my pocket at all times! Now I know to carefully clean it once in a while. He had a nifty tool but I suppose a carefully used toothpick would work too.

Typing this on my brand spanking new MackBook Air!! It has some quirks with DP that I have to try to figure out but I am really liking having a larger screen and being able to actually type!! Having trouble setting up the mail so may just keep using my phone for that but otherwise LOVE it!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

High this morning.

Seem to be having trouble getting a good insertion set in place this time around. Best thing for me today is to stay close to/in bed until I get things under control...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

106 this morning.  Since I am retired and I can get up and go to bed any time I want it is strange that daylight saving time would have any effect on me but it does.   I guess I am just a slave to the clock.  It is kind of neat though that my phone, computer and the clocks in my bedroom and office all set themselves.  The wall clocks are designed to use the radio signal from the atomic clock in Colorado and do it automatically.  Even my blood sugar meter which connects to my phone by Bluetooth reset this morning. 
Barbara, I knew that the phone kept apps open, helps to have them start quicker, but I didn't know that it would have any effect on the phone.  As a matter of housekeeping I shut my phone down once a day and restart it.  it takes a couple of minutes but it clears stuff out.  Same with my computer.  Shutting down and restarting can often fix problems. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

85 this morning.

Tamagno - I also have issues with inserting infusion sets every now and again.  It can be very frustrating to say the least.

Bigskygal - Happy to hear you got your phone issues sorted out.  Congratulations on the new Macbook Air.  A friend of mine has one and really likes it.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

96 this blue sky morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Yeah Wally, same here, retired and march to my own time clock, but the time change gets to me too! I really hate it and wish they would just do away with it.

Phone is back to normal, no heating or fast battery discharge, thank goodness! Only thing bugging me is that since the upgrade, the Stepz app crashes a lot. No biggy I guess, just annoying. Loving my new computer! Getting used to it's little quirks as I go, it is nice to actually be able to type again in the regular manner.

High today is supposed to be 35°, but it is only 30° right now so I doubt it will get that high. Overnight prediction is 10°. I'd rather it stay cold and let the snow melt slowly vs warming up and flooding...

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on March 09, 2019, 07:55:49 PM
It has some quirks with DP that I have to try to figure out but I am really liking having a larger screen and being able to actually type!! Having trouble setting up the mail so may just keep using my phone for that but otherwise LOVE it!!

Anything that I can help with? I'd suggest you browse with Chrome and not Safari.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

High again this morning.

Well, I replaced my insertion set yesterday, blah, blah, etc. At 279 the middle of the night, I finally injected myself with a pen, but now have to make sure that's okay. Oh well...

I also restart my devices daily, Wally closing open apps and so forth. Don't know for sure if it helps, but it just seems like good housekeeping. I hear terrific things about the new Mac Airs, BigSkyGal, and hope you like yours as well.

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Tamagno - My Tandem trainer suggested to me that anytime my blood glucose was 250 or over, I should take an injection by syringe instead of relying on the pump to do it.  It works better for me.

We have 'snow' forecast for today.  Hope they are wrong and all we get is flurries.  So done with snow!!!

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  It looks like rain is out of here for now and nothing in sight for at least 10 days. 
Grammabear, I don't blame you, I would be tired of snow also.  Spring is around the corner !
Tamagno, hope you get that sorted out.  The pump sounds like a great thing when it is working but must be frustrating when it is not. 
Shutting down the computer cleans out the cache and that helps.  If not shut down the cache can get huge and becomes a problem.  Like the phone having so many apps open.  A few is normal but as the number grows bad things can happen.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023