You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

106 this mostly clear morning, 116 at bedtime last night.

Yes, skb, I think the Chrome download just got hung up. I am fine with Safari so probably won't try again.

Tamagno, thanks for the input re TimeMachine. I am happy with Carbonite, so will probably just stick with it. I do need to call to find out how to transfer the subscription to this computer.

Grammabear, you are so lucky the snow is gone! I still have huge piles of it all over and a couple of feet still on the front deck. It is 40° again today so melting is going on, but nights are still well below freezing so that helps it not melt too fast. If the nights were warmer, I will really be facing flooding.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

172 this morning.

It's been getting warm enough here to melt most of our snow as well. Of course, I'm hoping this is the end of winter, but we have snow in April with some regularity. I remain hopeful, however...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

131 this morning.

Yesterday we reached 60 deg and today we start out at 36 deg F.  I guess winter is not 'done' after all.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Snap Barbara, 106 this morning for me.  It is really looking more like Spring here.  Starting tomorrow we are supposed to be in the 70s and by next Tuesday it is supposed to be 81° but then cooling down a bit but still in the high 60s.
Glad to get the Holter monitor off and the ultrasound was easy, just 20 min from the time I got there until I left.  I see my Cardiologist on the 27th but I don't expect to hear that there is any problem.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

127 this blue sky morning, 108 at bedtime last night. Not sure where the 127 came from, but it is what it is.

It continues to gradually warm up during the day but nights remain very cold. This is a good thing, so far the snow is slowly going away.

I called the Gastro yesterday to get the results of the blood tests he did but he was out of the office so I have to wait for them to call me on Monday. 

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

139 this morning.

It got just over 60 here yesterday as well. Not quite so warm today, but not bad at all. Actually heard thunder last night.

I've been using Alexa to play sleep sounds through the night which is something of a blessing. There are many different ambience types available, but lately I find the "Forest Birds" one especially soothing and seems to bring with warmer weather the hope of spring and the return of our usual early morning bird sounds.

By the way, I'm increasingly enjoying these smart home devices (I've now got three Echo devices plus Hue lighting). In my bedroom I've also put in lighting (including lighting in my study closet) which I can control from my bed and change colors and brightness with voice commands. I also use it in my kitchen (I use it for shopping lists and recipes) and basement and can use it for TV, radio, music and various podcasts I enjoy. Especially when mobility is problematic, it can be a real God-send. Soon I'll be setting it up for phone use that could be great for medical emergencies. Even now I can use it for messaging, keeping track of appointments.and e-mail. It's taking a while to learn how best to use it, but I'm finding it increasingly beneficial. I can even check things like Fitbit readings and glucose which amazes me. Never thought I'd be enamored of this tech, but I'm now really enjoying it. Heavens, I can actually play Jeopardy with it...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

102 this morning.

Tamagno - I have none of this sort of technology except my phone, but if it is benefitting you I am glad for you.  I could definitely use help in remembering to write items on my grocery list.  That feature I would most definitely use and enjoy.  Have a good day.

Spring is coming!!!  Yesterday we saw our first American Robin.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Well, it is going to feel like spring the next few days here.  Heading to 74° today and 79° Monday and Tuesday.  I'm looking forward to shorts and T-shirt weather.
Tamagno, glad you are finding the new tech so helpful.  You are way ahead of me. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

106 this clear morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

It is 42° right now heading for a high of 45°. Prediction for overnight is 19° so the melting is still going slowly. Thank goodness.

Tamagno, wow, that is quite the collection of gadgets! I'm glad you are finding them so helpful. They just aren't for me.

Grammabear, I keep a grocery list in the Notes app on my iPhone. When I run out of something I immediately add it to the list and since my phone is always in my pocket, I always have my list!

Tamagno

178 this morning.

Actually, my wife is terribly un-tech friendly, so I've got to be careful where and how I install this stuff. In fact, in any household with more than one person it could be a problem.

Spent the night messing with highs and lows so I'm up very uncharacteristically late and will have to hustle some. Hate when that happens!

Grammabear

96 this morning.

Bigskygal - Wow, what a great idea to have a grocery list on your phone.  Thank you for the idea.  I usually carry my phone in my pocket as well.  In fact, with my new hearing aid I can have music streaming straight to my aid at a very low volume, and still be able to hear the world around me. No one else is bothered by my music, but I can enjoy it.  This comes in very handy while waiting in the doctor's reception area.  That can get rather boring at times. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  Temp yesterday not quite as high as predicted but still 71° so pretty nice.  Should be even warmer today.
Thanks Barbara for the reminder to use the notes app.  I am just an old dog and can't seem to remember the some of the things I have at my disposal.  I always have my phone with me also and still am always looking for a pad of paper to write things down.   ~tnk~
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

112 this clear morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 45° today and the melting is getting worse. Looks like I will be buying sandbags in the next couple of days. :( At least it is still below freezing overnight, but that isn't going to last much longer. There is so much snow here still...

Tamagno

54 this morning.

Lots of melting snow here as well making our dirt roads quite a challenge. Heavy mud/water is actually more challenging to drive on than snow.

We're having warmish daytime temps followed by below freezing nights, so things are constantly in flux. Just now, I'm looking to use up the firewood I've got in the house to avoid having to move it again once I'm no longer using the wood stoves. Looks like for once I'll have wood to spare.

Also trying to use up the various roasts, etc. in my freezer that I mostly cook during cold weather. Won't be long, I think, before it's grilling season again and I'll be rethinking menus.

It's going to be great to move the racks for wood storage and humidifiers back to basement storage and get all that tidied up. Always seems easier to put those things away than to get them out.

Grammabear

115 this morning.

Tamagno - Your bg of 54 is a bit low and I can't imagine that feels very good.  Do take care. 

Speaking of seasonal menu changes, we seem to be stuck on the same old things at our house.  What does everyone else like to prepare during the warmer months?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021