You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

267 this morning.

Likes are here this morning, SKB; thanks!

I'm still playing with settings to see what's possible. Sometimes different color schemes/fonts, etc. are tucked away in different places.

Finally had to replace my trusty old Apple Airport routers. While they're pricey, I went with Netgear Orbi mesh routers. Easy to install and appear to be working especially well. It'll be interesting to see how my coverage out on the deck is once the weather is warmer.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

89 this morning.

I'm glad the 'likes' are back, and thank you skb for adjusting the font color.  I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  It is definitely looking more like spring here.  I have had at least a couple of humming birds around all winter but I took one feeder down that was in front of my bedroom window around last November.  I guess the little guys have a good memory as I have had a couple hovering outside my bedroom window looking for it so I put the second one back yesterday. 
Holi, the festival of colours really sounds appropriate for Spring.
This is happening here right now :
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/swarms-of-painted-lady-butterflies-fill-the-california-sky-during-extra-bountiful-annual-migration/ar-BBUYLZv?ocid=spartandhp
Thanks SKB, the like thumb is there now.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on March 21, 2019, 09:57:40 AMI'm glad the 'likes' are back, and thank you skb for adjusting the font color.  I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you.

Not at all. Just had to insert a line of code. But things have changed between the versions, so I had some trouble finding where to insert it.

From here, I'll build the forum, one step at a time, so that it is a replica of the old one, or even better. For those who had to give up the Blue Piece Theme, hang on, in time there'll be other themes for this one as well.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

119 this clear morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 50° maybe a bit higher. (Nights still below freezing but it is later and later when it freezes.) I went out for a quick shop, to go to the Post Office, and to get a couple of sand bags. Trying to deflect the water running down the driveway. I'm hoping I don't have to do all across the front of my garage. The guy I talked to yesterday said I should use 30 bags to do that. These babies cost $8/ea and weigh about 65#! I'm praying I don't have to do that...not sure I am able to do that!

The butterflies are beautiful Wally, I saw on the news the other night that the wild flowers in the desert are amazing this year.Those photos were gorgeous too!

Also glad the Likes are back.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

234 this morning.

Seem to be having trouble getting on schedule and getting glucose to behave lately which is disturbing and making me uncharacteristically difficult and irascible.

Would absolutely love to get out of here...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 at bedtime last night and 138 this morning. Good grief, you think I was up all night eating truffles which I was not.  :(

This time change problems lingers on, will be glad when things settle down.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  Yeah, the butterflies are pretty, except when driving on the highway, but the migration only lasts for a few days.  The wild flowers are something worth seeing but only last until it gets too hot.  So far it looks like it will be nice for at least a few days.  I'll have to get out and take some pictures. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this blue sky morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

It is heading for 54° today with overnight of 31°(another app says 34°) that is too warm in my book for overnight. My outdoor thermometer says it is 42°right now, I'm really hoping not to get up to 54°. It is slowly melting and the sand bag I put out has helped divert the water off the concrete mostly. I'm waiting to see what happens as the temps warm up to decide where to put the other bag.

Tamagno, I am trying to not go anywhere as the ruts in the dirt driveway become little rivers to my garage as the snow melts. Yesterday I had to go up to the road to get my test strips out of the mailbox so did a small shopping and got the sand bags that I was going to do today. I'm staying put now until next Tues. when I have my next MRI.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

110 this morning.

Sure do understand that, BigSkyGal, it's just been way too many years since I've gotten away on my own and I do like a good road trip. While it'd be easier now that I've no pets in the house, I still doubt it'll be happening, sadly. Would love to travel to the Deep South - haven't been there since the 70s...

Grammabear

79 this morning.

Would also like to get away from the roar of motorcycles, the jake braking of semi trucks and the screeching of brakes from a car trying to stop when the light changes from green to red because car was going too fast.  On the other hand, I'm loving the early morning song of the American Robin which just migrated back from wherever he/she spends the winter.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  It is supposed to be windy today but so far it is nice.  It should be getting a bit warmer the next couple of days.
Barbara, sure hope you are able to deal with the snow melt without too much hassle.  I know it can be a mess.  In So. Cal. the sandbags are free in most areas and fire stations have piles of sand and sand bags so people can fill their own and take them as needed.  It seems like $8 is a lot for a lousy sand bag.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

104 this cloudy morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

Weather remains about the same except it is getting a bit warmer each day and freezing up later in the wee hours of the morning. The melt is still slow thank goodness. So far I am managing it OK, but there is still a ton of snow around and if it really warms up, I am going to be in trouble.

Wally, they do provide free sand and bags when there is widespread flooding, but I don't think I could fill and lift very many bags. Right now my flood danger is just my location as the low point on my road so the sand is up to me for now.

Tamagno, great avatar! I understand why the change...I'm not quite ready yet. I actually am planning on taking some road trips this year since I am pet free too right now. I'm going to CA end of May, beginning of June to meet my newest grand baby who is going to be born next week. I'm flying, so that doesn't count as a road trip.  :)

Tamagno

98 this morning.

Hoped no one would notice the extensive plastic surgery I had done...

One of the many things I use Alexa for is sleeping sounds, my current favorite being "Forest Birds." Still early for the real thing, but I find it cheery.

Sand is "free" here as well, but you'd need someone with a good truck and equally strong body. Our main problem is the couple of miles of dirt that have to be traversed to get to my house. While the town makes a decent effort at maintaining it, it's often a mess of muddy ruts and puddles. Sometimes a beaver dam upstream will burst making an incredible wreck of everything. It's the reason my ride has two differentials with plenty of height; you'd never get anywhere with a sedan or often even all-wheel drive.

Grammabear

109 this morning.

Silly subject, but how many folks get a new bed pillow on a regular schedule?  My sleep has been not so good, so I'm thinking maybe my pillow needs replacing.  It has been a 'long' time ~ see I told you it was a silly subject.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021