You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  It was really windy yesterday and it played havoc with our internet and even the cell service.  It is calm today so glad that has passed but it is supposed to be windy again Tuesday and Wednesday.  March in the desert. 
When I lived in the mountains it was on the highway so there was no muddy road to have to deal with, that was a good thing.  My front wheel drive Honda Civic did a good job in the snow but a 4 wheel drive was better.
We installed a drain system with a grate in front of the rear garage and that took care of melting snow and rain. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this partly cloudy morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

Headed for another 50° day 31° overnight, but rain is in the forecast for this evening and overnight. That will be a big problem if it materializes in any great amount. :( 

I have a 4WD Geo Tracker that does great in the snow and pretty good in the deep mud that will be my road soon... It is almost 22 years old so may soon be in the market for newer wheels...

Sunset a couple of days ago. Darn, I don't know how to rotate it... maybe the photo insert is different now?

You cannot view this attachment.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on March 24, 2019, 04:19:54 PMDarn, I don't know how to rotate it... maybe the photo insert is different now?

Done. We never had photo editing capabilities on the forum.

Quote from: Grammabear on March 24, 2019, 09:54:22 AMSilly subject, but how many folks get a new bed pillow on a regular schedule?  My sleep has been not so good, so I'm thinking maybe my pillow needs replacing.  It has been a 'long' time ~ see I told you it was a silly subject.  :)

Once I've gotten used to "my" pillow, I wouldn't want to change it. Change would mean getting used to the new pillow all over again.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Thanks skb!

Grammabear, the last time I bought a new pillow was in 2013 after my double mastectomy. It is a horseshoe shaped pillow that cradles my neck and shoulders and is so comfy. Got it on Amazon. Otherwise all my pillows are older than dirt and still comfy for me...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

155 this morning.

Actually, since I got an adjustable bed, pillows aren't an issue. I've one under my head (just a regular old pillow) and another I set on my legs to get my iPad at a good reading angle. Seems to me the bed is the thing that makes the big difference unless you're a stomach sleeper.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

118 this morning.

I miss my 'older than dirt' pillow we had before we bought these new fangled memory foam pillows.  I tried washing the memory foam pillow and it has been 3 days since I washed it and it still isn't dry. :(  For whatever reason I have an itchy scalp (which I never had before) and even the doctor doesn't know why I have this condition. I'm hoping a new pillow might help. 
I also cannot figure out where the smiley face emoticons are located (if they are here at all).
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  It is supposed to be warming up with a predicted high of 78° today.  I am looking forward to wearing shorts and a T-shirt.
I usually replace my pillows about once a year.  I am always trying something new.  I have had success washing them and then drying in the dryer but they seem to not be as nice as when new.  I do have a 3 inch memory foam top for my mattress and I really like that.  I never tried a memory foam pillow.  I do sleep on my side or my back.  I don't like sleeping on my back.  I hated it when I broke my hip and I had to sleep on my back for about 2 months.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

106 this partly cloudy morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

Again 50° for daytime high but tonight's low is predicted 32°. Not happy about that. It did rain last night, but not much. I was really afraid I would wake up to a flooded garage, but I didn't!!  :) Still slowly melting and going down my little trench. Snow in the forecast for Thursday and Friday...I really hope that goes away. The seasonal creek that runs along the side ion my garage is really running fast with the mountain melt. One thing after another...

Tamagno

196 this morning.

Sort of fun opening diabetic.pub every morning to see the various changes. I'd say that so far, it's continually working better on my iPad as bits and pieces are tinkered with.

We've a few days of below-freezing nights coming our way, but days continue to warm. Actually, I'll be glad to burn the rest of the wood I've got in the house so I don't have to haul it back out to the shed. I'm very eager to get all the wood racks and humidifiers stored for the summer - I'm a great fan of empty spaces...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on March 26, 2019, 04:09:38 AMSort of fun opening diabetic.pub every morning to see the various changes. I'd say that so far, it's continually working better on my iPad as bits and pieces are tinkered with.

Such as ?
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

155 this morning.

Bigskygal - We don't have the same kind of flooding that might be close to you, but there is a lot of it for people who live close to the local rivers.  Many people were displaced from their homes for a time and are anxious to return home.  The damage done by the flooding is yet to be determined.  I'm glad you are safe thus far.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  Really Spring weather here now. High yesterday was 76° and overnight low 54°.  Hope you guys still dealing with snow and low temps are doing OK.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

119 this mostly cloudy morning, 111 at bedtime last night.

It did freeze up last night. I got up early and drove my car out of the garage to a dry area while things were still frozen so I didn't destroy my barriers I have made in the driveway to keep water off the concrete as much as possible. So far so good...

High today was 50° overnight prediction 28°. Yay for freezing nights!!

Had the MRI today. The liver MRI is a bit uncomfortable in that they put pads across my stomach/chest and a cage like cover over them then strap it all down.It takes a long time too once through w/out contrast and again w/contrast. I'd say about 1/2 hour or so to do it. I sure hope this is the last time for a long time!

Tamagno

262 this morning.

Mainly, SKB, I often had problems with (for example) getting the "like" buttons and PMs to open and/or work properly on my iPad. It's also most useful the way in which the various print options and attachments work now plus it's easier to update and revise personal information. This so far is much more stable and accessible and remains so having just installed the latest iOS upgrade last night.

skb

The one thing that I find missing is the likestats. In the earlier version there was the option of seeing that and I usually found most of our members seeing that page.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club