You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

65 this morning.

Tamagno - Did your Endocrinologist give you Fiasp to try?  Do let us know how you get on with it?  It would be handy to have a bit faster insulin when you are dealing with a hyperglycemic number.

My feathered friends at the bird feeder are squabbling a lot more now than usual.  I don't know if it is because some of the species have returned from their migration sites or just because there are more birds period.  They are funny to watch.  Only a few birds can hang upside down to eat.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

118 this cloudy morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

Temps remain about the same, 50° during the day and mid 20's at night. Had a light dusting of snow yesterday, rain overnight last night. I think I've dodged the bullet flood wise. I think my neighbor dug a trench across the top of the dirt road which diverted the water from coming down the road to my driveway. And then the cold night temps have kept the snow melting slowly, no more rivers down the driveway. Yay!

Oncologist said all my numbers have improved, liver enzymes drastically. Nothing on MRI (big surprise/end sarcasm). Said my problem is alcohol, OK whatever... Scheduled an Ultrasound for Sept to check it out again. Sigh...

I have a small lump under my right ear, noticed it early this month. Gastro said maybe an inflamed lymph node. Oncologist ordered a CT scan of it for next week and another appointment with him after. He says it isn't related to the breast cancer or liver problem. Oh joy, something else to worry about!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

132 this morning.

Yes, Grammabear, it's Flasp. I've been using it just over a day and am liking it so far. Since I don't have a single basal rate schedule but change them as needed (I just have several single-rate entries in my Personal Profile) and don't use a lot of insulin, it's 3-1/2 hour lasting time works well. I wouldn't say it's dramatically better, but seems a good option.

Spent tons of time yesterday figuring out how to get my Contacts from iOS to Android (finally succeeded by using a Contacts duplicate finder - not quite sure how that worked, but it did). Today I'll have to be trying something similar with my password manager (I use 1Password in iOS). If anyone happens to know of Android apps that are compatible across platforms I'd sure like to know.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

107 this morning.

Barbara - I'm glad for the good news you received, and hopefully the 'new' problem you have to sort out will be something simply.

Tamagno - I asked about Fiasp because I haven't heard of many people who have tried it.  I hope it continues to be helpful for you.

You are brave to switch from ios to an android.  I should have done that too, but I was afraid I could not get my photos to switch over as well as my contacts.  As it was I just spent 4+ hrs with Apple and Boost Mobile tech support trying to get my ios to send pictures with a text msg.  Most annoying to waste that much time.

My blood sugars are all out of control the past several days, but at least now I know why as I have another UTI.  Hopefully treatment will begin to set things right.  >:(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  I could not connect to the forum yesterday at all.  My bookmark took me to a "page not found".  I tried to do a google search and the link for diabetic pub came up the same.  Apparently no one else had a problem so I don't know why I did.  This morning it was the same thing but I went to the Facebook page for Diabetic Pub and used the link that was there and it worked.  There doesn't seem to be any activity on the Facebook App for a long time. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

106 this morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

I had that happen Wally, my bookmark didn't work but I got here from History. I guess I should add it to the Bugs thread.

Heading for a high of 50° again today. Overnight low predicted 28°. The sky is a beautiful blue, I think Spring might actually be here!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

160 this morning.

Grammabear, I sure hope you can get glucose under control! You know as well as any of us how that goes. By the way, I've certainly not switched from iOS to Android, but am now using a variety of devices across platforms. I'd have to say my basic setup is Apple, but I've got an Android phone plus an Amazon Fire stick (along with Apple TV and Roku) plus a little Fire HD tablet I've been playing with. I still think Apple is the easiest and most stable for most things, though.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

84 this morning.

On one of our last trips to our local Aldis store, we purchased a pizza made with cauliflower.  We prepared it last night and it was delicious plus my bg was almost a straight line on my Dexcom receiver.  It was nice, at least for one night, to be able to eat and not struggle with bg number afterwards.  I'm hoping the UTI medicine is also working toward that end.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  It sure is getting more Spring like every day.  I'll attach pictures of the Iris in our front yard and a shot from the California Poppy Reserve in Lancaster, CA a few miles down the Highway from here.  I worked for California State Parks and spent a lot of time here during the season. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

First robins appeared a couple of days ago. Spring definitely is here. Actually I had one lost one around in Dec but he disappeared soon after I saw him.

Beautiful photos Wally! My iris don't bloom until early summer...cold climate here.

Spent the morning getting my taxes organized so I can take them to my preparer tomorrow. Ugh!

skb

Lovely pictures Wally.
This is a Magpie Robin that is very common in our house.
You cannot view this attachment.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

273 this morning (an April Fools Day joke from my CGM which read 113).

Great photos, Wally and SKB - yet more reminders of the many good reasons to live in warmer climes.

Between church and a "lunch" invite yesterday (food was served at 3pm) I was beyond exhausted and went to bed at 7. Always much better to stay on schedule...

skb

Now that it is summer the koels have started singing, sometimes very loudly. Left is male, right the female.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  It is supposed to be 80° today !  I think it will probably be a couple of degrees short of that but it was 74° yesterday so it could happen.  Windy and cooler tomorrow.
Cool SKB.  It is interesting to see the variety of birds from other areas.  Here we have a lot of Doves, not too impressive, and a lot of Ravens which are just solid black but quite large.  I saw an Oriole on the hummingbird feeder the other day and it was a brilliant yellow but only here for a blink of the eye then gone. I always have my phone with me so I will try and get some pictures.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

94 this morning.

I also enjoy seeing pictures of birds from other parts of the world.  We saw a male Cardinal yesterday which is a bright red, the female is a buff color.  They are here year around, but in our area we also have a hungry hawk, so most of our songbirds are wary of being the hawk's dinner.  They come to the feeder, grab a few seeds and then fly off to safety somewhere.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021