You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

115 this morning, 94f at bedtime last night.

Got up to 52° today, overnight prediction is 26°.

Took my taxes in around noon today and they just called me that they are done so will pick them up tomorrow.

I have lots of doves too. Lots of little birds I don't know what they are. Then the pheasants, quails, flickers, black birds, heron, hawks, eagles, and others I am probably forgetting..

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

107 this morning.

Birds can be interesting including their geographical distribution. We've a great many doves also as well as great numbers of crows (I think we've also got ravens, but don't think I can tell them apart from crows without watching awhile). For reasons I don't quite understand, we also see huge flocks of seagulls in warm weather despite being at least 100 miles from the ocean.

One time many years ago in Manhattan, a pigeon got into a friends apartment through an open window. Turns out that they immediately stop flapping and pecking the moment you grab them which was surprisingly easy to do.

The birds here haven't yet returned for their spring activities, notably robins, humming birds, etc. It shouldn't be long now...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

100 this morning.

Many years ago when my Dad was a young child, he had a pet crow.  The crow was free to roam, but every morning when my Dad stepped out onto the back porch, the crow would fly from wherever he was at and land at Dad's feet.  He clearly expected a treat of some kind whether it was corn or a piece of bread or anything at all.  Dad often enjoyed telling us how intelligent the crow was and he even taught him several tricks.  I guess animals are more intelligent than we suspect.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  Not quite as warm as predicted yesterday.  it was supposed to get to 80° but it only got to 74°, not complaining as it is still quite nice.  Today a bit cooler and WINDY
A lot of the birds around here are year around but there are some that show up in the summer.  We have hummingbirds here all year but more when it warms up.  I have two humming bird feeders that each hold a quart of nectar and during the winter I only have one out.  About two weeks ago I put the second one out and filled both up.  They are both now about half full so the little guys have consumed about a quart in two weeks. 
Ravens are members of the crow family but quite large.  There are varieties of crows and I don't know how they compare size wise but I believe ravens are the largest.  They are definitely smart birds. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this blue sky morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

Predicted high for today is 56° overnight low 33°. It could happen, it is 49° right now.

Heading out to drop donations at the thrift shop and do a little thrift shop shopping.  :)  Bags and bags out and probably a few items back in...oh well!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

Grammabear, it'd be fun to get a crow (or better, perhaps, a raven) to do what your dad did. So far, haven't managed such a thing here.

Gosh, it sure will be great to have warm enough weather for grilling! Could be sometime next week, I think.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

102 this morning.

Tamagno - What will be your first 'grill out' meal?  Something that is your favorite or maybe something your wife favors instead?

Barbara - I hope you had a fun time at the thrift store yesterday.

Wally - Cleaning up the yard after winter is a hard job.  My husband does that on weekends since he is still working.  The things that he finds that people threw out of their vehicles are astounding.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning. No problem grilling here.  We use the BBQ 2-3 times a week.  ~bbq~

Yeah Grammabear, we don't have a lot of traffic on this street, occasionally we get some jerk that throws their bag of fast food trash out of the car window but not often.  When I lived in the mountain on the highway it was amazing what people tossed out of their cars driving down the road.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this partly cloudy morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

53° for high today overnight prediction 37°. Light showers in the afternoon and some in forecast for tonight.

Grammabear, I did score 2 great zip up hoodies yesterday. Today I went to a couple thrift shops up in town but only scored a sleeveless shirt. So now I am done with the thrift shopping.

Man, was I pi$$ed when I got to the hospital for my CT scan and they told me it was tomorrow. Dingbat in scheduling wrote today's date on my info sheet. Fortunately they were able to work me in and was actually done earlier than I would have been on the original appointment.

Tamagno

113 this morning.

Around here, throwing out trash is a big deal; everything taken to the "recycling" center you have to pay them. As a result, the acre of woods I own across the road from my house sometimes acquires sofas, TVs, etc. The worst was when someone dumped an old 50-gallon drum over there...

Grammabear, I've been married over 30 years and know well the rules by which a husband must abide. Therefore, my first grilling foray will be to my wife's taste. In this case, a nice boneless leg of lamb. (I'll make some sort of extra sauce according to my own preference, which is my "work-around" for accommodating us both.)

Grammabear

85 this morning.

Barbara - It sounds like you did very 'well' on your thrift store shopping trip.  Going there almost feels like opening a gift on Christmas morning as you never know what treasure you will find.

Wally - Probably one of the most unusual things we have found in our yard is a full bottle of Mexican beer (not yet opened) and the most absolutely strange thing was a very elaborate glass marijuana pipe.  At the time there was a local police officer living next door and he advised us to destroy it because even possessing the pipe was illegal.

Tamagno - Your wife has trained you well.  The only time my hubby does grilling out is when our younger son and grandson come for a visit and then he goes "all out" and fixes what they like.

And we have also found a sofa, chair and other household items that were dumped on our land.  Most annoying.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  Very nice yesterday, about 73° for a high.  Should be about the same today but windy again.
Here in town we have trash collection and it is required that you separate trash from recyclables.  About 5 miles down the road there is a county land fill you can take anything.  A few years ago the county tried to start charging to use the dump and, well, it's the desert and people started dumping everything all over.  The county decided to stop charging for any trash or recyclables from home owners. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

115 this morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 60° today warmest day this year so far. 37° for the overnight low prediction.

Had a gorgeous pileated woodpecker hanging around all afternoon! He sat in the planter box outside my kitchen window several times and was not scared off when I got really close to the window to look at him.

Once again I don't know how to rotate it, sorry. And I guess I don't know how to upload properly either....

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

skb

I've rotated the picture. The rotation has to be done prior to upload. The forum only displays it as uploaded. Size of attachments is also another issue. This picture was 42" in height and 1.2 MB in size. I have reduced it to 66 kB. Your picture editor should be able to do all of this. Which one do you use ? Perhaps I could show you how to do it.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

I am kind of lost here. I never had a problem uploading photos before (I want to say the upgrade but...). A long time ago I used Pixelmator I think it was called to edit photos. Lost that when my old computer died. I haven't figured out how to edit on my phone or here on the computer. The photos are in proper rotation in My Photos but when uploaded are sideways. According to the uploader my photo was within the proper size to be uploaded so I am just lost....