You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on April 05, 2019, 01:13:05 AMI haven't figured out how to edit on my phone or here on the computer. The photos are in proper rotation in My Photos but when uploaded are sideways. According to the uploader my photo was within the proper size to be uploaded so I am just lost....

Size wise I've kept the max attachments size at 1024 kB so it would allow you to upload, but I reduced the size as that would save a lot of server resources. Why your image is self rotating on upload, I have no idea, but I'll try to find out if others on others forums are having the same issue. Whatever attachments I have uploaded or others have attached, have been done without any problems.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

146 this morning.

BigSkyGal, I've had similar photo problems and have played with a number of apps in an effort to get them right. It all seems a bit capricious as the photo that I couldn't upload one day, works fine the next. Also, curiously, I've had the same issue at other site photo uploads.

I just love pielated woodpeckers and enjoy watching them when they're around!

As for cooking and grilling, Grammabear, I prefer doing it myself. I've grown particular about it and often add ingredients that add flavor without my wife knowing it (anchovies, fish sauce, harissa and capers come to mind). I also very much like keeping our kitchen organized which is something my wife and I see quite differently...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on April 04, 2019, 08:55:19 PM115 this morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 60° today warmest day this year so far. 37° for the overnight low prediction.

Had a gorgeous pileated woodpecker hanging around all afternoon! He sat in the planter box outside my kitchen window several times and was not scared off when I got really close to the window to look at him.

Once again I don't know how to rotate it, sorry. And I guess I don't know how to upload properly either....

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Your feathered friend is beautiful.  His species is considered to be a rare sighting in this part of the country.  Enjoy his company.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Grammabear

168 this morning.

I fell asleep watching television last night, maybe I should try going to bed earlier than midnight.  Just think, when we were kids our parents made us go to bed at a certain hour, then we considered it a punishment to be going to bed.  Now it is something quite different to head off to dream land.  `8)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  Quite windy yesterday and it is supposed to be the same today but temp still around 70°.
I use Photoshop to edit my pictures before uploading.  It has an easy "save for web" feature so I can downsize the photo to a much more manageable size.  I have never had one end up rotated on it's side though.  Don't know what would cause that. 
Great picture though Barbara.  Cool looking woodpecker.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

123 this morning, 111 at bedtime last night.

My woodpecker is back again today. That is very unusual.

I am off to the Oncologist to get result from CT scan. When I get home, I guess I will look for a photo editing app.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

bigskygal

Well, the news is not good. I have a parotid tumor on the right side of my neck. It is a cancer but very slow growing and typically not life threatening. I have to meet with an ENT and Oncologist says definitely have surgery to remove it.

Off to google this and see what I am in for now.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

walkerwally1

I had a parotid gland tumor (saliva gland) removed about 25 years ago.  It was done by a doctor that specialized in head and neck surgery.  It is a little tricky because of all of the nerves that have to be avoided but it is not really too bad.  Like you said they are not normally life threatening but it is a very good idea to have it removed.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Thanks for the input Wally. I am waiting to hear from the ENT dr for an appointment. Do you have much of a scar? Did you have chemo or radiation? The Onc says they are a possibility depending on what the pathology shows.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on April 05, 2019, 06:18:33 PMI have a parotid tumor on the right side of my neck. It is a cancer but very slow growing and typically not life threatening. I have to meet with an ENT and Oncologist says definitely have surgery to remove it.

Hope all goes well and as planned. Our good wishes are always with you.

Quote from: bigskygal on April 05, 2019, 02:05:21 PMI guess I will look for a photo editing app.

Most Operating Systems packages come with built with a basic photo viewer and editor. Are you using Windows or a Mac ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

113 this morning.

The pielated woodpeckers like fallen and\or rotting trees or stumps. Once they've found a good one, they'll return until it's depleted. They also have the peculiar habit of making square holes in trees.

Grammabear, I'm still experimenting with Flasp vs. Novolog. After my first run of Flasp I then switched back to Novolog and then yesterday back to Flasp. So far, I'd say Flasp is better, but I'm going to continue keeping an eye on it.

Looks like my chest freezer has gone south and the temperature is slowly rising. I opened up the mechanicals, vacuumed it out and turned the thermostat to its lowest setting. I'll check it again this morning and hopefully its okay. Don't really want to get a new one but may have to. I'd best get that done today before I lose all the stuff that's in there...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

123 this morning.

Barbara - Best wishes when you see the Ent or the Oncologist.  I hope your procedure will go smoothly like Wally mentioned.

Tamagno - Last year our chest freezer went south and we DID lose everything that was in there.  So I hope you are able to resolve your freezer problems.  We ended up getting an upright freezer as we didn't need a 25 cu ft freezer because our family has grown and left home.

I did not know that the pileated woodpecker made a square hole in a tree.  They must be interesting to watch.  We have a pair of downy woodpeckers who come to our feeders.  They have been coming all winter and especially often when the snow was the deepest.  Now they come for the seed sticks and the suet cakes we put out.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  It is going to be warming up and we are supposed to be looking at around 80° Monday and Tuesday but cooling then. 
Barbara, no there is no scar you can see.  It was not that large of an incision.  The tumor turned out to be benign so no further treatment was necessary.  The only strange thing was that afterwards when I chewed I would sweat around that area.  I guess the nerves got confused between sweat glands and saliva glands.  That lasted for a couple of years and then back to normal.  It really didn't cause a problem but was strange.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

108 this cloudy morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

Thanks everyone. That is odd Wally. Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure how the Onc knows this is cancer, he didn't do a biopsy. From what I have read online most (75%) of these parotid tumors are benign, so I am trying not to stress about cancer until pathology actually shows it.

Heading for a high of 51° overnight prediction 37°. Rain in forecast for today and snow again for Wed and Thur next week. Hope not...

sky, I use a Mac.I did find photo booth now I need to figure out how to use it.

walkerwally1

I was told the same thing by two different doctors.  The parotid tumor is rarely cancerous.  They did send mine out for pathology after the operation to be sure but it was OK.  I wouldn't stress about it until you know for sure but the odds are pretty good that it is just a benign tumor. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023