You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on January 11, 2019, 05:11:07 AM
These, especislly the mountain lions, are deadly and unpredictable. Yet more reason to stay indoors.

Not really. Cats do have some amount of predictability. Having cubs along, does add some danger to the situation as the mothers are overprotective about the young ones. Usually, the dangerous situation arises when man and animal are unaware of each other's presence. This is very very rare as the cats are gifted with very powerful senses and usually aware of human presence 100s of meters away and generally like to avoid being seen or a confrontation.

Given all that if you ever encounter a wild cat at close quarters, remember 2 things. Never ever, stoop or crouch and always back track your steps keeping eye contact with the animal. And this is coming from personal experience.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

138 this morning.

'Most' wild animals don't want an encounter with humans.  However since we're encroaching on 'their' habitat, they've become used to our smell and to some degree our presence.  We live in a very populated area and for us, we've been here almost 50 years.  Never ever seen a wild cat until 2-3 years ago.  Now we see coyote as often as people who live out West do.  Our neighbor lady let her little dog out at night to do his business.  He was never seen again, and he was a dog who was afraid of his own shadow - so she knew he had not run off somewhere.  My husband sees coyotes on his way home from work at night by the side of the road particularly if there is dead roadkill closeby.  World is changing in many ways.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  It's cooler this morning at 34° but still heading to around 64° this afternoon.  Now we are looking at a 70% chance of rain tomorrow and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It should be a bit cooler but still in the 50s so no chance of snow.  I do hope we get something out of this.
My doctors appointment went well and I don't need to see her again for 6 months.  I brought up the A1c and the possibility that anemia may skew the number and she agreed that a low hemoglobin would cause the A1c to show lower than it should she said my numbers are not low enough to have any effect.  Maybe the 4.6% is true but I am not going to worry about it.  I know I keep my regular daily testing numbers in my range of 70-120 most of the time so that seems pretty good.
At our house in the mountains there were lots of animals around, mountain lions, bobcats, bears and a lot of coyotes.  I have had face to face encounters with each of these but thankfully they wanted to get away from me.  A mother with cubs could be a whole different story. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this foggy morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

32°F right now, supposed to get up to 36° but I kind of doubt it will. Overnight predicted to be 15°. No snow in forecast until next Thursday.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

220 this morning.

We've had all manner of wildcats here for years, but the mountain lions and wolves are fairly new. Our black bear population appears on the increase, but they seem mostly benign. The only critter around here that won't run from humans are the raccoons which will sit on my deck for ages and don't seem to care if I come out and shoo them or not.

Quite cold here still, with temperatures not getting even to the 20s.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

85 this morning.

We have snow in our forecast and at 30 deg F we just might get it.  I would prefer that it wasn't enough to have to get out the shovel, but that remains to be seen.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  It doesn't look like we will get any of the predicted rain today.  There is still a chance but it looks like it will stay a bit to the south of here.  Still a very good chance for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this foggy morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

Very foggy when I got up. It is gradually dissipating, but the hoar frost remains on the trees and bushes. It I 1:30PM and temp is 29°F supposedly heading to 31°, maybe...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

238 this morning.

Still colder than I'd like today, but slightly better. Thus far, I've nothing ambitious doing today and little inclination to do much anyway. My wife's even doing the cooking tonight...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

119 this morning.

Yesterday and last night it snowed and now our ground is white once again.  Not sure how many inches we received but enough to have to sweep the sidewalk after it gets shoveled.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  Well, we did get rain yesterday after all.  Total about 1/4 inch and it was light but steady.  The kind that soaks in and doesn't run off.  Maybe not a lot for many but quite good for here.  Now they are saying there is a 100% chance tomorrow.
My internet went down yesterday around 10 AM and was down all day.  The dogs and I were dealing with cabin fever.  The "old man"
Rottweiler was happy just curling up in the living room but the female was pacing the floor and seemed lost. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

98 this foggy morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

The hoar frost never melted off yesterday and today it is even worse. Temp right now is 22°F. High forecast 28° overnight low forecast 13°. No snow in forecast until Thur & Fri, of course, because I go for MRI on Thur and to Oncologist on Fri.

Tamagno

Grammabear

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We are supposed to have a 100% chance of rain today.  It is raining quite a bit right now to the south west and it looks like it should get here by noon.  There are 3-4 storms lined up over the ocean that are supposed to bring rain each day through Thursday.  They do have problems as usual in the burn areas.  All of this activity will be moving east after it hits here so winter storms will probably be a problem. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023